The idea is great, and probably long overdue, but there is not really going to BE any extra money. The generous contributions are more than I ever dreamed possible, but in the world of high tech equipment, it doesn't go that far. I'm just about at the end of my shopping spree, and BOY was IT fun! Having the extra money for accessories really put the icing on the cake. I'll publish a list of the "package" as soon as it's delivered - I want Ryan to get his hands on it before everyone else knows about it! Rest assured, he'll be able to ROCK his little corner of the world with his new studio setup!

I'd love to do something like this again, but I doubt that the support would be as instantaneous. This situation was special because it included a part of our "family." We were all touched by the events, and how they unfolded, and I just don't think it will happen twice ........ at least, not in the very near future. Part of the attraction to this cause was the "closeness" we feel because of our communications, here at the zone. I would never take advantage of anyone's good nature, or expect them to dig-in to often. As far as I see it -- this was a wonderful, one-shot wonder!

Maybe we will be motivated towards another cause in the future, but for now -- my conductor's baton will rest comfortably, in the echo of a tremendous performance by a WONDERful orchestra of caring, feeling musicians -- who have just given the entire world a precious gift..... The gift of music.
Play on, Ryan ..... we're listening!