"Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last !

Posted by: Uncle Dave

"Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 12:58 AM

Where do I start??

How do you express the feeling of conducting the finest orchestra in one of it's proudest pieces? I'll try to put this into perspective.

A while back, I was quite touched by the writings of composerRyan, a (then) new member to our forum family. He spoke with a true passion of music, family and keyboard instruments, and never once gave the impression that he expected more out of life, then the hand he was dealt. As we got to know more of Ryan's personal situation - it became clear that his musical advancement was hindered by a lack of financial resources. Typical woes for many musicians, right? (Sure, we all want more toys.)
After more insight, we learned that Ryan's family had gone through some very scary times, and even with all the adverse happenings - he spoke, only with positive feelings, and much love for his Mom and brothers. There was an instant "connection" as I read his story, and I offered to help find him an "outrageous deal" on a keyboard that he could use for composing.

This is where it gets good!

Without asking, and without showing pity or bravado ........ I received several offers (via personal emails) to contribute to the cause of getting a keyboard for our new friend, Ryan. I was AMAZED ! The offers continued to arrive, along with the first few contributions, and before you knew it - this "offer" had turned into a blossoming opportunity that had REAL potential! With the combined efforts of our many selfless members ....... we were about to raise enough financial resources to actually consider buying a NEW keyboard for Ryan, instead of something used. This was TOO MUCH !
My thoughts went to the ending scene of the movie "It's a wonderful life" when Jimmy Stewart's friends all came over to bail him out of his financial jam. MY heart was touched with the outpouring, and I began to make arrangements to buy the keyboard. (By this time, after speaking with Ryan about his needs, and wish-list, We had decided that a psr740 would be IDEAL, and quite do-able ! )

So, the wheels were in motion. . . . . But it gets even BETTER !

The power of love is a mystery to us all, and even in this cyber-world of type-fonts and URL's, the "heartfelt" message was reaching out over the world. This forum is read by many people, and many company representatives who choose to stay behind the scenes, and read quietly without posting. They get ideas, and I'm sure they use many of the valuable tips in their own situations.
One such "Lurker" is Yamaha USA.
I heard from (let's call him...) Mr. "X," and after reading the story, and speaking with other forum members, he offered to contribute to the cause as well. The generosity, and community of the forum had also touched the hearts of the good people at YAMAHA USA !
We spoke at great length about the situation, and after hearing all the details, YAMAHA has offered to DONATE a PSR740 (with the survival kit) to our "Ryan's Hope" fund!
You read that correctly - YAMAHA USA is going to ship a new 740 right to Ryan's door ! UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you - MR X. and Yamaha USA ! This is SUCH a blessing !!!

With this new, and quite unexpected development - we are now faced with a different situation. I have sent emails to all the contributors (if you didn't get one, it's because I didn't get your contribution yet) explaining the "larger" scope of our fund. There are a few details to work out as to how to allocate the funds. I am also sending Ryan a keyboard stand, a "Vocal survival kit" and a padded carry bag for his new baby, but there will be more money available, so I need to know if the donors will trust me to "sweeten" the deal for the set up. I'd love to hear from everyone who sent money on this new development - there are several ways to go, and I want everyone to be happy with their part in the contribution.

In closing - I just want to thank a few people.

FIRST - to Ryan. You have given us a warm feeling, by sharing your own heart with us, and we are proud to be able to join hands and help your musical growth along the way ! Remember to mention the "zone" when you accept your first GRAMMY !
SECOND - to all the contributors. I will provide Ryan's family with all the names of his "stockholders." We are glad to be investing in the future of a very talented and passionate musician and composer. I hope we all get the opportunity to play some of Ryan's original compositions very soon ! This was such a special, one-shot deal, and you all came through without reservation or skepticism. I am proud to know you all.
THIRD - to Nigel, Chris and the folks at Synth Zone. This is a MAGIC place. We laugh together, cry together, send help to one another, and it's a "friend in need," whenever we switch on our computer. I can't turn in for the night till I "check in" with my Global Cyber Family! You are all a part of my day....every day !
LASTLY - I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but it's late, and I hate typing, so please forgive me if I left anyone out. We are all part of a very cool thing here, and I just wanted to share the events of the last week with you all. There are many friends who contributed greatly, without a financial gift, by offering support, and encouragement to our cause, and your wishes are greatly appreciated.
I spoke with Ryan's Mom and his twin brother, and I am CERTAIN, this keyboard will have a good home in Indiana. Thanx again to all involved, and best of luck to Ryan on the next step of his musical journey. Oh ..... to be 16 again !

Nite, people ......... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........
Posted by: LindaFus

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 02:40 AM

What a wonderful event to unfold before my eyes at 5:30 a.m.! This makes my day! I am so happy for everyone involved and the very strong efforts of our mighty Uncle Dave for having the fortitude to make a wish come true! Hats off to Yamaha and I bow to the fine people of the SynthBBS. What a wonderful place this is.

-Linda
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 02:52 AM

It's quite a happy story, and you should be
in Idiana among with the newspapers and TV
when the delivery is taken place UD.
This most be a real happy story for the world
to see, also about what a forum like this can
be like.
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 02-12-2002).]
Posted by: kaboombahchuck

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 04:46 AM

Hi Uncle Dave and all. I want to thank all that you have done for Ryan. I am by no means wealthy, but am very happy to have what I've got. It always warms my heart to see the less fortunate get a helping hand from those who can. Keep up the excelent work.
Ryan, There is another wonderful board out there on the net. I think the folks there will be of great assistance to you in the days and years to come. www.jpfolks.com
I will always be thankful of Synth Zone and the fine folks that reside here. It is the place where I started, and without it I really don't think I would have made this far. Anyway, enjoy your new toy!!
Posted by: Bluezplayer

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 05:38 AM

I remember being 16 and still having to play an old Silvertone organ that was pretty awful.. but I was glad to have it anyway. At any rate I had done all kinds of modifications to it including building my own distortion box and installing it. Well, I guess I did one mod too many and the "guts" actually started on fire one day while our band was rehearsing. I was bummed beyond words. I guess fate was really smiling on me though as a few weeks went by and out of nowhere ( almost it seemed anyway ) a Hohner Clavinet practically dropped into my lap.. Ok I hadda pay a very few bucks for it but.. not much. Good thing because a very few was what I had back then. Point being, I can remember the feeling of getting my hands on it, something I never dreamed possible. Incredible ( how hot was a Clavinet to a teen age keyboard player in the mid 70s..lol ). I am betting that Ryan will be having similar experiences when he gets his hands on the 740. One thing that I think will make his experience truly extraordinary though is that it happened largely in part because of the caring and generosity shown here by the members of the forum. Great job everyone. Kudos Uncle dave for coordinating this thing and hats off to yamaha USA for a generous donation as well. Linda coined it best.. this makes a great start to my day.

AJ
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 06:19 AM

WOW .... stories like this happen in REAL LIFE in Indiana ...."Hoosiers", "Rudy", and now "Ryan's Hope" ..... GREAT JOB Uncle Dave!!! ... for my own story, I started taking accordion lessons at 13 yrs ... my teacher became a close friend of the family .. at around 16 yrs, I needed a new instrument, but knew it was not in the family budget at that time ... through the generosity of my teacher/family friend, my parents were able to work something out to give me a new accordion for my birthday ... I'll never forget the feeling ... Best of luck Ryan, make beautiful music!!! ...and "Thanks" is not enough to say to Uncle Dave, Yamaha, (as I 'Techie", I've now become a 'Yammie'fan), and to the forum members who made this possible.
t.
Posted by: cam8neel

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 06:38 AM

Though I couldn't afford to donate but from my heart, I just wanted to say how immensely proud I am to be a part of this Forum family. Uncle Dave, you're the best! Thanks also to all the contributors of both heart and funds. We are family!!

Angelo
Posted by: ChicoBrasil

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 07:20 AM

UD
Today, Ryan may be smiling.
You could to reveal for each member of our family, how short is the distance between
sadness and happiness.
Tanks.
Brasilian regards.
Chico
Posted by: Vic01

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 07:21 AM

Thank you Uncle Dave for the giving of your time and resources to help composerRyan. This kind of stuff is the "real deal". God bless you, composerRyan and Ryan's reality. Bravo !!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 09:15 AM

What great news to wake up to. We all owe a debt of gratitude to Dave for getting the ball rolling...and to the responsible people of Yamaha for their compassion and generosity.

Eddie
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 10:08 AM

It's great to discover that both hope and humanity prevail. Thanks to Uncle Dave for promoting the cause and to Yamaha for answering the call.

Ryan, we hope you will share some of the music you create on your new keyboard with us. The wonderful thing about the PSR740 (and Yamaha PSR arranger boards in general) is that it's easy to create universally standard midi file format songs which can be easily played by just about EVERYONE here. - Scott
Posted by: dlstarry

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 11:08 AM

Thank You to Uncle Dave & YAMAHA USA & everyone for making this happen.

To: Ryan the best of Luck to you & your family
I also hope to hear some of your music in the
near future.
Enjoying the Moment & the 9000 PRO
Denny

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 11:17 AM

This like our own little "Musical Olympics" !

And the GOLD medal for humanity, compassion and community goes to ........

The Synth Zone, General Arranger Keyboard Forum !! A close knit, family of talented individuals who proved to the world that kindness can change lives! Congratualtions on a job well done people - you are the BEST team in this catagory !
Posted by: ComposerRyan

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 01:17 PM

Hello everybody! First of all, Uncle Dave, your post was perfect and explained how everything came together just right! Thank you for acknowledging my family's story as well as my love and passion for music!

The events that unfolded in this last week happened so fast and I am so thankful that you took the time out to explain it to us. When I read your post, it meant a lot, especially to me, because you showed me the entire picture of how this all came together. To be honest, I am speechless. I do not know what to say, but I'll try to express how I feel with the words that are gathered in my heart.

This is truly a miracle! My thanks goes out to all of you who contributed, whether it be encouragement or a supportive comment or even a hand in the contributions for my keyboard! This has impacted my life deeply and I will remember what you have done for me and never forget it.

Also, I leanred a lot of things that I did not even know about in Uncle Dave's post. I had no idea of how fast the contributions were offered until I read Uncle Dave's post! Everyone who contributed, again through support and encouragement or through contributions, is a special person. I really mean that. Like Uncle Dave also said, I am very proud and glad that I am a part of this forum. You all are an example to me and I will follow in your footsteps. Thank you!

Right now, as I type, I feel so overwhelmed. My family and I have been talking about this in the last week or so, discussing how our dreams are going to be finally fulfilled! This keyboard is not only for me, but for my family as well. I want you to know that you all have impacted my entire family's life - you have given us insight of how the world still has loving, kind, sincere people who really care and are willing to share their love in order to help someone. This also really means a lot to my Mom, who does not have the money to buy a keyboard for our family.

Sure, maybe my eyes have teared up a little over the past week, but I might not be able to hold back my tears when I actually see the keyboard on my family's front porch! My family has given thanks and recognized all that you have done for us, we are just speechless!

I am so thankful for everything. When I learned that not only the forum community had helped, but Yamaha as well, I was in shock! You all out here on the forums are just amazing - I had know idea that Yamaha was out here on the forums. What amazes me the most about this entire thing is the fact that none of you expect something in return. Of course, I know you expect to hear some music from me, as well as my brothers, and we will not let you down! When we get the chance, we will let you know when our first compositions out complete! Also, thank you Yamaha for donating that keyboard! Yamaha has showed me that not only people have hearts, but massive corperations as well! Your instruments give musicians the opportunity to express their musical gift and through your donation, you have made my dream come true! Thank you Yamaha! I will never forget what you have done for me, Yamaha, and I want to thank you for your dedication, devotion, and sincerity towards the music industry as a whole!

About the Keyboard: Not only am I getting one of the best keyboards in the entire world, but I guess I am getting a stand, vocal and PSR740 survial kits, and a padded carry bag too?! This is just unbelievable. The main reason I am out here on this forum is to learn and seek important advice from experienced musicians like you, but, within one week and without any signs, I am getting an entire 'studio' setup! This is a miracle! Trust me, I, along with the rest of my family, are thrilled to know that we are receiving this from loving people like you. We will use the keyboard for a good purpose and never take advantage of what has been given to us. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

We plan to compose all sorts of music and spread a good message with this keyboard. Also, I am not aiming for fame, but I want to be like you guys who are out here on the forum. I want to spread a good message, give people hope, and show them the truth through my music. If I can just reach out and touch just one person's heart, just as you have done, I will be completely satisfied.

Phew! I cannot say enough to thank you all, but I am going to have to end this post before I get too carried away. I am sorry if I left out something - so much has happened in the last week that I am sure that I have forgotten something. If I did, I'll try to recognize it in another post and give thanks. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img] I'll also be sure to respond to all of your comments when I have the time...and I will be sure to let you know when we receive the keyboard (along with all the other AWESOME stuff), I am so excited I just can't hide it! LOL! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

Well, thank you all so much, including Yamaha! See you around on the forums everybody and have a nice day,
Ryan [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 01:21 PM

That's my boy !
Posted by: Johnnie.c

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 02:38 PM

This is truly great stuff
I am very much looking forward to maybe seeing some pictures of the presentation as I am sure everybody else is also.
it would also be nice to be able to read all about it so hopefully the local newspaper will be writing a good story about it all
once again well done
Johnnie
Posted by: DonM

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 02:42 PM

Just want to add my "atta boy" to the subject, Dave. There is hope for our World!
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 02-12-2002).]
Posted by: DanO1

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 06:58 PM

Great ! Way to go Uncle Dave !

dano

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/12/02 11:12 PM

Ryan,
I wish we could all be there when you get the gear! It's like getting a shiny new bike for Christmas !Pleeeeeease - if you can, take some pictures for us ! WE wanna be there, any way we can.... Won't be long now!
Posted by: Sander

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/13/02 02:53 AM

This is just truly amazing! Ryan, I hope that you will have a lot of fun playing your new board and that you can develop your skill. Here in the Netherlands we have a show called 'The Surprise show' were people get surpised who really really want something, but don't have the option to do so. Dave.. you should get a show like that too

Sander

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/13/02 12:29 PM

Hi everybody! There are so many of you to reply to, so I am going to just talk to you all!

To everybody: Thanks for the kind replies, I really appreciate it. In my other post, I never really got the opportunity to respond to your comments, so now I'll try my best!

First of all, all of you are really amazing and special people! The thing that makes this keyboard so special is the people behind it! When the keyboard finally arrives, the first thing I will think about is you guys, because you made this dream a reality! And every time I will play the keyboard, I will think of you also and remember that my dream came true because of you! When my family and I perform, it will be even more special since we know you made it possible!

Thanks also for sharing your stories. Many of you have also experienced the miracles of people helping out and I am glad to know that I am not the only one and that other people have and are receiving help from loving people! I really enjoyed reading your stories. Like one of you said, the thing that makes this special is the loving, devoted, caring people who took part in this, I'll never forget how I got my keyboard! "Thanks" is definetely not enough for what you all have done for me, you have impacted my life deeply!

Also, I do feel like I am part of a big family, like one of you pointed out. I realize that everyone has come together just to make one person's dream come true. The uniting of the members of this forum is the one thing that touches me the most and shows the true atmosphere of this forum! I am glad to be a part of this forum and know each and every one of you. I am also glad that this story is an inspiration for you all. Please do not forget this story, remember it and know, obviously, that there are loving, kind, special people in the world today that have the potential to change one person's life. And, if just one person's life is changed, know that there is still hope in this world!

Also, I know that many of you have requested pictures along with audio demos of my music! I will not let you down, you have done so much for me that at least I could do that for you! When I get the chance, I will be sure to figure out someway to share my music with all of you. Also, when my family and I find the time, we will take pictures of our new, awesome 'studio' setup and try our best to share it with you!

Well, hopefully I responded to all of you as a 'whole'! You all have done a superb job and you are a prime example of how people can work together in a loving, peaceful manner just to complete one person's dream!

Uncle Dave, of course, I cannot say thank you enough! You are just absolutely amazing! You do deserve some type of recognition, as many on this forum have pointed out! But what amazes me the most is the fact that all of you do not even expect recognition, but have done this in a private manner! You are all an inspiration to me!

Well, hopefully my keyboard comes soon! I wonder when it will come...I hope within this week at least, because I am waiting here so impatiently - I know that I am lucky to just receive this keyboard, so waiting is no big deal! Like Uncle Dave said, it is kind of like waiting for a big shiny bike under a Christmas tree, but this seems to be on a way bigger scale since there are kind, loving people behind it and since it is such a surprise and happened so fast!

Well, see you all around on the forums and thanks a lot,
Ryan [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img]
Posted by: Johnnie.c

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/13/02 03:30 PM

Hello ComposerRyan
Well it certainly seems that you are a real lucky guy to be receiving a keyboard that has been sponsered by some good people from this forum headed up by uncle Dave.
How is this keyboard coming to you is it being presented to you or what. I expect you can't wait, you must be so excited.
Do you know if anybody has been in contact with the local press because it would be great if they could run a story & take some photographs & maybe put them up on the internet.
Perhaps if you can tell us what town you are in, I happen to know somebody on the New York Times & maybe she might be able to arrange something for you.
Johnnie

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/13/02 05:13 PM

I wouls LOVE to drive out there with the Yamaha rep and set it up myself, but that's just not gonna happen. Too much going on to make a road trip now! Yamaha will ship the keyboard and survival kit direct to Ryan, and George Kaye will ship the first wave of accessories:
Keyboard stand, mic survival kit, and padded case.
More "goodies" to follow - I'm doing the final planning right now.
Hey Ry - does anyone play guitar at your house????????(hint.....)
Posted by: jedi

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/13/02 07:35 PM

Good Luck ComposerRyan, be sure to let us all know how you make out with your new keyboard , do you play any other instrument? Anyway, best of luck and most important enjoy the moment and love music!
Posted by: LindaFus

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/14/02 03:47 AM

Hi everyone!

Ryan I hope you enjoy your NEW gear and it brings years of inspiration and enjoyment to you and your family.

Uncle Dave,

I had a thought (doesn't happen to me very often!) Maybe with the extra money you have collected, this could be put into some kind of account to use as a FUND for maybe the next young person who might need this kind of help? Just a thought! There are alot of young people out there with talent and desire to play music who fit Ryans situation I am sure. We could call it the "SynthBBS Music Fund" or something to that effect. Maybe do this once a year for someone else as well. Sort of a SynthBBS scholarship award. I know you could handle this Uncle Dave. Would be nice to have this warm fuzzy feeling once a year or so. What does everyone think about something like that? What do you think Uncle Dave?

Gotta run to work!

Bye!

-Linda

[This message has been edited by LindaFus (edited 02-14-2002).]

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/14/02 04:27 AM

The idea is great, and probably long overdue, but there is not really going to BE any extra money. The generous contributions are more than I ever dreamed possible, but in the world of high tech equipment, it doesn't go that far. I'm just about at the end of my shopping spree, and BOY was IT fun! Having the extra money for accessories really put the icing on the cake. I'll publish a list of the "package" as soon as it's delivered - I want Ryan to get his hands on it before everyone else knows about it! Rest assured, he'll be able to ROCK his little corner of the world with his new studio setup!

I'd love to do something like this again, but I doubt that the support would be as instantaneous. This situation was special because it included a part of our "family." We were all touched by the events, and how they unfolded, and I just don't think it will happen twice ........ at least, not in the very near future. Part of the attraction to this cause was the "closeness" we feel because of our communications, here at the zone. I would never take advantage of anyone's good nature, or expect them to dig-in to often. As far as I see it -- this was a wonderful, one-shot wonder!

Maybe we will be motivated towards another cause in the future, but for now -- my conductor's baton will rest comfortably, in the echo of a tremendous performance by a WONDERful orchestra of caring, feeling musicians -- who have just given the entire world a precious gift..... The gift of music.
Play on, Ryan ..... we're listening!

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/14/02 07:51 PM

Hey everyone! I know that a lot has been going on in the last week and I am still amazed. I cannot stop thinking about what you all are doing for me! Not only am I getting the best keyboard in the entire universe along with many "goodies", but I have wonderful, caring, loving people that obviously care about me and are willing to help me out so my dreams could be a reality! You all are special and I love this place because you have provided me with a peaceful, loving atmosphere...thank you so much! This forum is like a diamond, it is VERY rare! I feel so overwhelmed, thank you so much!

Also, I want to thank you George Kaye for shipping those accessories to me! The more you all post out here on the forum, the more I realize how much work is being put into this. I still cannot comprehend this miracle, it is beyond explanation! I cannot wait to setup the keyboard on the new keyboard stand and use the mic survival kit also!

Uncle Dave, I am receiving so much gifts from you all that I was stunned to see that you were possibly offering my family a guitar?! I e-mailed you concerning how my family feels about the guitar along with other things that I wanted to ask you, if you don't mind. Trust me, I know that you would love to see our expressions on our faces when we get the keyboard, so we'll be sure to take pictures of the studio setup and share them with you! The first thing I am going to think about when I play my new keyboard is the people who gave me that gift in the first place! I am going to have the biggest smile on my face when it finally arrives and my heart is full of joy!

Also, Uncle Dave, I understand that a lot of effort went into this and I know that a lot of money was spent. When I grow up and get an opportunity, I will continue this mission to help people and make their dreams come true just as you all have done on this forum for me! I will follow in your footsteps and never forget these wonderful people who came in my life and changed it forever...thank you!

Jedi, I heard that you are new to this forum! Welcome! I am glad that you are a part of it, I look forward to talking to you more through the forums! Obviously, this is a wonderful, warm place where you can share your thoughts, leave comments, and ask questions. Also, I have played the cello before for around maybe 2-3 years and my Mom was the one who interested me in music by giving me the opportunity to play the cello. She is the BEST Mom in the entire universe, I love her so much for encouraging me to learn about music!

Well, see you all around on the forums and thanks a lot everybody,
Ryan
Posted by: synthmeister

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/14/02 10:07 PM

Ryan,

I am very happy for you. I hope that you enjoy your wonderful gift. There is nothing more pleasing than making music and I hope you and your family get lots of joy making music together. Do keep in touch when you go pro and make sure to share your expertise as I know you will learn that KB inside and out.
Posted by: Mosiqaar

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/14/02 10:45 PM

What an amazing story (or thread of stories)....it really gives me the feeling that the world still has goodness in it.

Ryan enjoy your gift

Uncle Dave, more power to you and everyone else in this forum.
Posted by: XP60User

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/15/02 04:27 AM

Sigh, I am speechless.

Congratulations Ryan, on your new psr 740. I had just bought one a month a go. I love it, though I have to say I am a bit slow on using its features, as I haven't gotten around to even using the floppy disk yet. There is so much to this keyboard without putting in the floppy for more goodies. I am sure you will love it. I am so glad that you got the 740, since its bugs and other problems have all been sorted it.
Please share with us, your experience with the 740, as I for one, would learn tremendously.
Again, i am totally speechless. Warm fuzzy feeling, type of speechless though.

Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last ! - 02/15/02 12:23 PM

Thanks again everyone for the kind responses, I really appreciate it!

Synthmeister and Mosiqaar, my family and I will definetely enjoy this wonderful gift! We realize how fortunate and lucky we are to be receiving this blessing and most of all, we realize what a blessing it is to know such wonderful people here on the forums! My entire family is excited about this and we are dreaming about what we are going to do with this precious gift! We are definetely going to perform someday, but we need time to practice together and enjoy the moments of making music as a family! This is going to be so much fun for my family...we are so thankful!

XP60User, it's great to hear that you also have the PSR740! I am so trilled to be receiving the best keyboard from these special people here on this forum! I really look forward to talking to you more about the PSR740 and sharing my experience with everybody also! I've been to http://www.svpworld.com/ and listened to the sound examples of the PSR740 and it left me speechless! The sound quality is more than superb, it sounds so real! I cannot wait to receive the PSR740, because I am going to have the entire world of music right at my fingertips. Remember, the only reason why I am getting this keyboard is because of the wonderful people of this forum and Yamaha, I cannot say thank you enough to express how I truly feel about this!

Well, see you all around on the forums - and I look forward to telling you more about my experience when the keyboard, along with the accessories, finally arrive!
Ryan

[This message has been edited by ComposerRyan (edited 02-15-2002).]