I remember being 16 and still having to play an old Silvertone organ that was pretty awful.. but I was glad to have it anyway. At any rate I had done all kinds of modifications to it including building my own distortion box and installing it. Well, I guess I did one mod too many and the "guts" actually started on fire one day while our band was rehearsing. I was bummed beyond words. I guess fate was really smiling on me though as a few weeks went by and out of nowhere ( almost it seemed anyway ) a Hohner Clavinet practically dropped into my lap.. Ok I hadda pay a very few bucks for it but.. not much. Good thing because a very few was what I had back then. Point being, I can remember the feeling of getting my hands on it, something I never dreamed possible. Incredible ( how hot was a Clavinet to a teen age keyboard player in the mid 70s..lol ). I am betting that Ryan will be having similar experiences when he gets his hands on the 740. One thing that I think will make his experience truly extraordinary though is that it happened largely in part because of the caring and generosity shown here by the members of the forum. Great job everyone. Kudos Uncle dave for coordinating this thing and hats off to yamaha USA for a generous donation as well. Linda coined it best.. this makes a great start to my day.

AJ