Thanks Dave - you SPOILED LITTLE CAP LOCKER!

My brother heard the VA-7 demo'd in a shop, and people have about 15 minutes listening to the Variphrase function, then go on to the more "Serious "stuff"(kn6000/yamaha 9000 etc) as my brother put it - who also plays keyboards.

Thing is with the VA-7 - is that you get a load of "backwards" technology sounds to make the 3000+ sounds up (sc88 and a few more etc) Nothing wrong with these sounds, but they are "yesterdays" sounds nevertheless - though not all of them of course.

Since my last post, i have listened to all of the MP3 demo's of the kn6000 - and they are something. I thought the kn6000 was designed for very old music, but there are very modern sounds on it - it appears. Even Rave/Dance/Trance etc!. So my thoughts about technics and the "ballroom" sound, has gone straight out the window.!

I will have an extensive look at the Yamaha and technics before deciding - the kn6000 is a little cheaaper, but the yamaha has a good sampler on it I'm told (can go up to 65 MB!) you could create a film score out of that - couldn't you?. Mind you, havinig 65 MB of sample memory, and where to store them is a different matter.

I will indeed try one out later this week if possible...

[This message has been edited by Octave8 (edited 01-03-2001).]