Hi all

I am about to embark on buying a new "Arranger keyboard", and I would like some advice as to which one to choose.

First, let me tell you what kind of music I play/Compose.

I like composing background music for current pop music, so styles that are of big band/waltz/rhumba/Ballroom etc would be useless for me (I know most arrangers have them anyway, but less of these the better)

I like Dance Rhythms, and "Spice girls", "S Club 7" (girl/Boy band), "Elton John", "Britney Spears" etc and modern music in general. I also want to compose "film scores", so good strings and pads are a must - very good ones that is, and good "Solo" instruments like Cello, Violin, English horn (cor Anglias) (these are "hard to create" to perfection samples I beleive.)

A good Piano would be useful as well, but not essential, as i have a 88 key weighted digital piano. An onboard sampler would be useful, if only to create the odd effect that is of a unique sound. I hear that the Yamaha 9000 has an onboard sampler, so that would help. but would a Yamaha PSR 9000 do well in all the other divisions? (solo sounds like Violin, Cello etc, and are the strings good?)

I want a keyboard with in-built speakers, and just 61 keys. Any suggestions as to what would be a good buy for my musical tastes? I hear the VA-7 is not user friendly, so I will leave that one. The kn6000 is ok - but I hear the strings/Pads/Solo sounds aren't has good has the Yamaha 9000. If someone can help me, then please do!

PS a good sound/speaker system is essential as i have no external amps/pa etc.)

Nice forum, keep it up!