Still waiting for the "Repeat to Self Fill" feature to be implemented in the Tyros Steve. Btw Steve Deming; you said Yamaha Japan didn't implement it into the Tyros because it was a "design decision". What made them decide that? What was their reasoning behind their decision? FYI (I'm sure you are aware of this Steve) Yamaha didn't implement it because the Tyros has an option for the MFC10 foot controller integration in the Function Menu on the Tyros as we all know. Yamaha wants to sell the MFC10 to each and every Tyros owner if it could hence the 'reason' behind their decision IMO. I agree with you Steve that Yamaha will NOT implement it in the Tyros through an OS update because it would be a bad business decision on their part because they want to sell the Tyros' owners a $300 piece of equipment over the "simple" pains it would take to provide an OS fix allowing a 'common' foot controller to be used to activate the "Repeat to Self Fill" feature. And as we all know Yamaha or any other Keyboard Manufacturer for that matter thinks of their 'bottom line' first and the customer sits way down on the totem pole as to what is important to them - (apparently).

Btw Steve, we haven't heard much from you lately. I hope all is going well for you and your family. I would hate to think you got the axe from Yamaha but seeing they are still trying to recuperate from a financial downturn from a few years ago stranger things have happened. I hope that is not the case. Especially being let go during the Holiday season. That would really hurt.

PS: My interest in the "Repeat to Self Fill" function using a common foot controller is even greater because I now own a Tyros. Who knows maybe someone at Yamaha Japan's Music Division has a big heart and WILL provide an OS fix allowing the Repeat to Self Fill feature on the Tyros. Sometimes kindness and generosity takes precedence over the 'bottom line'. I know it's rare Steve, but it does and has happened before. Btw, merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Steve. That is IF you're still at the helm of Yamaha's Product Customer Support in Buena Park, CA. and are STILL reading posts from this Forum. If you got axed from Yamaha and could care less about what goes on here at SZ anymore then of course all these words are falling on deaf ears. I KNOW they're falling on deaf ears at Yamaha Japan. At least for now.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-10-2003).]