Ok, it's been over a month now since I initially reported that it's not possible to achieve a continously repeating 'fill' from a single footswitch connected to one of the (3) assignmable Tyros foot pedal jacks. On the Yamaha PSR2000, fills play repeatedly as long as you keep the foot pedal held down, but on the Tyros, the fill plays once only. This is a big disappointment as triggering 'repeating' fills via footpedal is an important element to creating a life like realistic sounding arranger emulation of what a drummer actually does to invigorate excitement (build suspense) during a song.

I'm throughly convinced that the Tyros' absence of this feature was a mere oversight on Yamaha's part, as the PSR2000 (and I suspect PSR2100, 9000pro, and PSR9000 as well) all 'do' support this. In light of this, I'd really appreciate it if 9000pro, and PSR2100 owners would take time to confirm if you're able to trigger a continously 'repeating' fill via a simple foot pedal assigned to: 'Fill Self'.

I realize you can trigger a continously repeating fill to play via a MFC10 midi foot controler unit, but one shouldn't have to drag around such a bulky & heavy piece of equipment when it should be also possible to trigger this via a simple foot pedal as the PSR2000 already does.

Quote:
Originally posted by YamahaUS1:
It might make a difference if anyone else was using this feature. If anyone besides Scott ever did this, and is a Tyros owner or potential owner, let me know. Thanks,

Steve Deming
Assistant Manager
Customer Support Dept.
Pro Audio & Combo Division
Yamaha Corporation of America

Steve: Though I respect your point that the more people reporting here that they use this feature might make a difference whether the issue gets addressed or not, it seems clear that this is a legitimate issue I raised because it DOES work this way on the PSR2000. This issue is reminesent of Don Mason's beef about the Speedy Mouse problem on the PSR2000, as the PSR9000 didn't have the problem, and now the Tyros doesn't exhibit that problem now either. In the case of the Tyros, unlike the PSR2000, it supports downloadable OS flash ROM, so I am confident that the 'repeating fill' via footpedal issue can be easily addressed in a subsequent OS update, so would appreciate anything you can do to bring this to the attention of the Tyros OS update R&D team.

Thanks in advance for everyone's feedback & input. I hope everyone understands how important this issue is to arranger keyboard performance.

Scott