Ok, you've all heard me sing the praises of Tyros, probably too much, right? Well, here's one beef I have with the Tyros, which I don't experience with the PSR2000.

On the PSR2000, if I assign 'fill to self' to a foot pedal, and then depress & hold down the foot pedal, the fill 'repeats continously' until I release the pedal. On the other hand, on the Tyros, the fill plays only once, regardless of whether I release the pedal or not.

It's almost impossible (for me) to continuously re-trigger the foot pedal repeatedly (and at just the right moment) to achieve the effect of a continously repeating fill that holding down the PSR2000 foot pedal, or the fill button itself (on top of both the 2000 & Tyros) achieves.

I much prefer being able to keep the foot pedal depressed to get the fill automatically 'repeat continously'.

The advantage of a continously repeating fill is for a song's transitionary section where you might want to build up the audience energy, before moving into the next section. An example where I like to do this is on the classic Van Morrison tune "Brown Eyed Girl". If you know that tune, I think you know 'where' in that song I'm talking about: "Do you remember when we used to sing"

I'm now curious to find out if the new PSR2100 retains the 'continously repeating' fill when activated via foot pedal or not. Perhaps Joe Waters, Shakeel, or Beakybird could check and report back on this.

In the meantime, I'd like to request that Yamaha implement this on the Tyros via OS update. I hope Steve Deming is reading this and will forward my request to the Yamaha folks in charge of OS update developement.

Thanks in advance,

Scott