I won't get upset, just strongly disagree. If you like your 3k, that's fine with me. A lot of folks don't care for my favorite instruments, and that's fine too. It's whatever works for the player, and the 3k just isn't it for me. I play my keys and my wheels hard. That's just the way it is.

It's a "feel" thing and it's my individual touch, and ya know what... it seems to serve me pretty well, for my particular style of play. I'm a synthesist at heart, and have been playing them for decades, so I have a pretty fair grasp and utilizing most or all of the tricks, aftertouch, knobs, ribbon controllers, wheels, etc.

I want something that springs back or has some feel to it. I don't like a soft touch, and while I'm sure that there are others who do, I'm pretty certain that doesn't make me any less experienced a player than anyone who does.

For someone to suggest that someone else is playing incorrectly or with inexperience if they are not using keys and accessories ( pitch wheel in this instance ) with a similar attack or approach vs playing a violin.... kinda gives me the impression that you might be a Yamaha salesperson or that you may not be a very experienced player.

Perhaps I might think of that attack IF I were attempting to emulate a violin using multisamples, but if for instance, I want to play something like the "Lucky Man" solo, I think maybe I'll continue to use my keys the way I have been, since it seems to have been working fairly well for me for a lot of years. Thanks for the attempt at a synth lesson though..

On another note, DNJ and I have discussed this one before, although I like the silver beasts, I don't care either way. I had a love hate relationship with my M1. It looked fine, and the keys felt great, but the eprom gave me fits. I had to have the internal memory reloaded a couple of times. When it was working right though, it was a joy to play. I recently tried out the software M1, and it works like a charm. No bugs and no Eprom issues, and it sounds exactly like the original as I remember it. The only downside is having to use the USB dongle thing, but for this collection, I'll live with it.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 01-07-2006).]