Regardless, I still think it's a toyish look to a keyboard that's obviously (pro).

Seriously the damn thing costs over three grand. I can't remember the last (pro) keyboard I owned require the drum icons. Of course you don't judge a book by it's cover, but we still do it anyways. Yes the Tyros 2 is without a doubt one kick ass arranger, but Yamaha doesn't help the pro image of this board by painting the "kiddie" drum icons under the keys.

I can't remember the last time I heard someone playing a Yamaha Motif, Roland Fantom, or Triton complaining because they "just can't find the drum sounds without the picture".

One poster said it being a "home keyboard". I don't agree. I could spend $8,000 on Korgs top synth, and it NEVER leave my home. Does that make it a home keyboard? A pro arranger is just that--supposed to be designed for the professional.

Squeak

Say what you want about Casio, their new WK3200 and 3700 can't be beat for the price. Even the old MZ-2000 dances circles around the PSR-3000 in several areas.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.