I've had it. My recently received homeowners insurance premium just topped 9k. Coupled with ridiculously high property taxes, it's making it difficult for poor ol' retirees to lavish money on new keyboards and stuff. Although I hate leaving this great (most of the time) Florida weather, we (the wife and I) have purchased a lovely lakefront home up in Roswell, GA. Although it's in a private, gated, country club/golf community with lots of ammenities, my HO insurance is @ $1400. Plus, with all the "elderly" tax breaks, my property tax is less than half of what it is now, here in the Tampa area. More importantly, in Georgia, houses actually have basements, perfect for hosting that "dream" studio, billiard table, and super bar. We close on the house Dec. 1 although we plan to do some minor renovations before we move in. Besides, Fla. winters are nicer than GA winters and we still have to sell our current house.

Miami Mo and other coastal Floridians, how are you guys able to deal with these ridiculous tax and insurance hikes? The music business must be better than I remember it.

Anyhooo...any Synthzone members in the north Atlanta area?

chas