SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#99566 - 06/17/05 03:38 PM Re: Shame!!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Hi Tom . i respect the fact that you purchased the G70. And i know that you would not have spent that kind of money if the instrument was rubbish. But please believe me and the others here that have actually demoed the unit . The sound problem with some of the Roland G70 units has nothing to do with taste. They really do sound crap.Thats why there have had to be new operating systems released to take away some of the reverb, effect smothered sound and still problems persist. I dont have any axe to grind with roland. I really wanted to like the instrument. The demo on the net sounded fantanstic and i was literally drooling when i saw a G70 in my local music store. I cant tell you how disappointed i was with the keyboard sound. It got to the point that i had to leave the unit because i felt embarrassed about the sound i was making... I know i am not oscar peterson but please....! Good luck with your G70 and i hope it gives you much joy.

#99567 - 06/17/05 07:40 PM Re: Shame!!
vano Offline

Loc: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Quote:
Originally posted by rolandfan:
I think Rolands last good keyboard was the G1000. The VA series had crap sounds and the 116 drum kits (despite the variety) were not impressive.

Now this G70 sounds like the VA series to me. When I tried out the G70 and came away in disgust I was wondering whether there were other people who like me felt that this is one of the worst sounding keyboards in arranger keyboard history (price relative) and I'm glad i'm not the only one.

Did you ever see so many people saying such harsh words about the sounds of the G70 ? It really does suck in the sounds department.

The Tyros may look like a christmas tree with its colorful lights but its sounds and styles I think are lightyears ahead of the G70.

Who knows maybe the G70 is Rolands last top arranger.... Roland G70 just simply put...................sucks!!!!!!! I would not buy it even if it sold for $1500

ps: the one I tested at my local store is still there....nobody wants to purchase it so the sales guy phones me often to convince me to buy it (because I bought a VA5 from them).... lol

Yes Rolandfun, thats right!! OOOO my god, what's the price of G-70 today.LOL.. It's a 2299 EUR.- Last two weeks was a 2799.- Haha. Amazing. Next week will be 1699.- I'm just kiding about buying. I'll never buy it even if it cost 1 EUR.- Oh my english is good, but I think you'll understand me. And finally about my drinking. I thing my alcohol drinking isn't lees or high in compere with your drinking. Soooo..., psssssst.

#99568 - 06/17/05 08:19 PM Re: Shame!!
vano Offline

And one more thing! I don't care for VA or E or XXX-serie Roland keyboards. We talk about G-serie and G-70 is a G-serie it isn't VA or some other serie. Then we'll talk and compere it with G-serie keyboards or other Korg, Yamaha..etc.. keyboards.

#99569 - 06/17/05 08:47 PM Re: Shame!!
vano Offline

And one more important thing! Roland's engineers and sound producers knows what people who plays on old G-series expect. We were expected EQUAL or SAME SOUNDS or so, HARD DISC, NEW STYLES and NEW MODERN LOOK. But most important is a sound. People who plays G-serie expect G-sounds!!!! Not VA or zlmrv sounds becouse G-70 is a G-serie. Why not VA-70 or E-70 or ERX-70???? Why G-70????!! LOOOOOOL! They made us Stupid! Shame! Roland's SHAME!!

#99570 - 06/18/05 04:21 PM Re: Shame!!
G Angel Offline

Loc: Ooltewah, Tn.
To: VANO
As for your post, speak for your self VANO if you are stupid its ok to say so. But don't use the word us because that makes it look like we all are.
And I can tell you there is nothing short about the Roland G 70.
I have owned the G1000 for five years sold it got a Ketron X4 than sold it and baught another new G1000 two more years.
And for three weeks now I have had the G 70 and it is a fine keyboard.
The best arranger I have ever owned.
ITS GREAT.
Here is one of your post VANO you sound like a bad windy day in March the wind just keeps blowing.

And one more important thing! Roland's engineers and sound producers knows what people who plays on old G-series expect. We were expected EQUAL or SAME SOUNDS or so, HARD DISC, NEW STYLES and NEW MODERN LOOK. But most important is a sound. People who plays G-serie expect G-sounds!!!! Not VA or zlmrv sounds becouse G-70 is a G-serie. Why not VA-70 or E-70 or ERX-70???? Why G-70????!! LOOOOOOL! They made us Stupid! Shame! Roland's SHAME!!

#99571 - 06/18/05 04:39 PM Re: Shame!!
G Angel Offline

Loc: Ooltewah, Tn.
I also have the Fantom X 8

[This message has been edited by G Angel (edited 06-18-2005).]

#99572 - 06/19/05 12:19 AM Re: Shame!!
vano Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by G Angel:
To: VANO
As for your post, speak for your self VANO if you are stupid its ok to say so. But don't use the word us because that makes it look like we all are.
And I can tell you there is nothing short about the Roland G 70.
I have owned the G1000 for five years sold it got a Ketron X4 than sold it and baught another new G1000 two more years.
And for three weeks now I have had the G 70 and it is a fine keyboard.
The best arranger I have ever owned.
ITS GREAT.
Here is one of your post VANO you sound like a bad windy day in March the wind just keeps blowing.

Sorry G Angel. Realy sorry. Sorry to all for this stupid word. I'll solve this problem. They made ME stupid! Ok.

Put the sounds from V or VA-series to G-70 without any G-series old or new improved sounds or any other G-sounds caracteristics?! Waaaauuuuu! Thanks. I finished my opinion for G-70. Bye..

#99573 - 06/19/05 03:21 AM Re: Shame!!
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by vano:
what's the price of G-70 today.LOL.. It's a 2299 EUR.- Last two weeks was a 2799.

Forgive me for the dumb question but... where can you find a G 70 at 2299 Euros??

#99574 - 06/19/05 03:56 AM Re: Shame!!
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Forgive me for the dumb question but... where can you find a G 70 at 2299 Euros??

Well Andrea, certainly not in Norway
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#99575 - 06/19/05 06:55 AM Re: Shame!!
zuki Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tom NL:

Don't be silly "Rolandfan", of course the VA series sounded better than the G1000 and of course it didn't have crap sounds.

I agree 100% - the VA rocks! I will prove it when I post some of my music soon.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online