Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#99546 - 06/12/05 09:41 AM Re: Shame!!
vano Offline

Loc: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheriff:
Hey, Vano!

You want to have natural sounds? Go and buy a sampler! You want to have natural sounds in addition to really good digital filters? Go and buy a Kurzweil!

I'm playing rock and metal and IMHO a Kurzweil and a Yamaha V-50/DX7 are really top of the lists. Furthermore you can add nearly every other synth to grow in sound abilities. Look out for the handling you're familiar with and you can't go wrong!

Nothing more than my humble thoughts...

Thanks Sheriff, but I havent real drummer. My drummer is insade G-1000(little japanese boy). I need arranger. These your keyboards havent it. Thanks for your opinion again.

#99547 - 06/13/05 12:39 AM Re: Shame!!
o3bor Offline

Vano, if you say that there has been no improvement in drum sounds from VA to G-70, I can agree with you, but if you say that G-1000 drum sounds are much better that G-70 I think that you are missing the big improvements in drum kit sound reality that V-xxxx drum sets have if compared with G-1000, and that is recognized by a lot of VA users.
Anyway, if you are still satisfied of your G-1000, hold on with it and be happy.

#99548 - 06/13/05 03:23 AM Re: Shame!!
vano Offline

Loc: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Quote:
Originally posted by o3bor:
Vano, if you say that there has been no improvement in drum sounds from VA to G-70, I can agree with you, but if you say that G-1000 drum sounds are much better that G-70 I think that you are missing the big improvements in drum kit sound reality that V-xxxx drum sets have if compared with G-1000, and that is recognized by a lot of VA users.
Anyway, if you are still satisfied of your G-1000, hold on with it and be happy.

Ok, thanks. I'll buy G-70 this week and then I'll try to get satisfaction with tweak and tweak. I said that my G-1000 is in bad condition.

#99549 - 06/13/05 10:02 AM Re: Shame!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Vano, how bad is your G1000?
I bought mine in May 98, use it everyday in the studio and gig with it too..It is still near perfect condition...I take care of my gear, don't abuse the gear and get long service in return...
I have seen many beat keyboards, including a couple of G1000's, and for the life of me,I don't understand why people are so careless with this equipment...I have seen "Pros" carry unprotected keyboards under their arms with doors smacking the unit before they get thru the doorway...
I have seen so much abuse of equipment, I always feel they [the owners] will get what they deserve..
Hopefully you are not in this categorie..

#99550 - 06/14/05 12:21 AM Re: Shame!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by vano:
Ok, thanks. I'll buy G-70 this week and then I'll try to get satisfaction with tweak and tweak. I said that my G-1000 is in bad condition.

Hey vano ..... have you been drinking ? I only ask because your postings are very strange. You started this thread by saying the G70 is a disaster but now you talk about buying one. Why would you buy a product you consider to be a "disaster" or is your first posting just way off the mark ?

I was just wondering.

#99551 - 06/14/05 12:47 AM Re: Shame!!
strojnik Offline

Loc: Slovenija, Europe
Quote:
Originally posted by tajna92:
Hi Vano...
Go for any of KORG PA series and You will be suprised...

Simply,more U play it more U love it

I wouldn't change my KORG for any of others.

That's right TAJNA92!! I also tested Roland (VA) and Yamaha synths (Tyros) before I bought Korg....but..It can not be compared with Korg Pa1x. And as You said..more You play more I like It. ;-)) And If we miss the sound (which is outstanding): for money You get really a LOT with Korg. And not a plastic 'christmas tree with big lights' like Tyros look like.

And I think Korg is not just for ballads playing. Everything is in Your fingers...maybe the Korg's keyboard is a little 'heavy' for fast playing but It can also be done great. When I can not play fast I blame myself: Igor, You did not practice enough. ;-))

That's just my opinion. I really don't wan't to dissapoint some other members of the forum.

------------------
Nice day!
Igor
Europe-Slovenija

#99552 - 06/14/05 02:21 AM Re: Shame!!
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by vano:
Thanks Sheriff, but I havent real drummer. My drummer is insade G-1000(little japanese boy). I need arranger. These your keyboards havent it.

What do you mean with an arranger? The Yamaha V-50 is a workstation with an 8 channel sequencer (I've never used it). The Kurz has a 16 channel sequencer inside with up to 960 kB song memory.

I'm also playing without a band but my Cubase is a fulltime orchestra with drummer, bassman, choir, strings, pianos, trumpets, flutes, organs and all kind of synth tunes you can imagine. All you'll need is a couple of synths which are worth enough to play your songs. I don't know any better choice than Kurzweil for doing this job because of its absolutely natural sounds and its totally amazing programmable digital filters.

I don't really know what you're looking for but if you think that Kurz or Yamaha don't have arranger abilities then you're definitively wrong. Oh, and by the way, a computer based sequencer programm is a lot better than an arranger board because you're more free in handling with a mouse instead of hundreds of knobs and you're able to see what you're doing on a bright screen instead of a dark LCD screen.

The Korg synths that I remember (for example: Korg Wavestation 01) are a little bit older than the synths you've mentioned above. Nevertheless, they had have some really good smooth sounds (for example: a flying helicopter).

But if you want to play rock music without having a real drummer then you would probably find it useful to have an artificial drummer with optimal drum sounds. And so you'll find no better drumsets than those inside a Kurzweil...

Okay, you'll find your way. Good luck for your choice!

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 06-14-2005).]

#99553 - 06/15/05 02:20 PM Re: Shame!!
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
A workstation or a sequencer is NOT the same as an arranger.
Starkeeper

#99554 - 06/15/05 04:05 PM Re: Shame!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Hey vano ..... have you been drinking ? I only ask because your postings are very strange. You started this thread by saying the G70 is a disaster but now you talk about buying one. Why would you buy a product you consider to be a "disaster" or is your first posting just way off the mark ?

I was just wondering.

Maybe we should start calling vano - vino..

Just kidding vino, err.. vano.

But you went from one end of the richter scale to the other. It doesn't make sense. Disaster to Delight all in a very short period of time?? Can you explain your rationale after making such bizzare contradictions? Other than the bottle of Port you may have downed shortly before changing your disaster rating on the G70 to one of "I will buy one this week"?

Humm??? What gives?

Best regards,
Mike

PS: If you are under age please disregard my references to your drinking alcoholic beverages because you shouldn't be drinking them in the first place.

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 06-17-2005).]

#99555 - 06/15/05 11:33 PM Re: Shame!!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
I think you'll find that Vano was being sarcastic. He clearly does not want to buy a keeyboard that needs to be tweaked and tweaked to sound reasonable......who in their right mind would ?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online