SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#99526 - 06/10/05 12:40 PM Shame!!
vano Offline

Loc: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Roland G-70 is a shame of modern technique! Did anyone listen this keyboard on PA system before they put it on the market. I am very disappointed. Disaster. I have G-1000 and it is a god for G-70. I do not care for good look. I do not need cristmas tree on my tour. Only important is a sound. I do not know who is more stupid, we or keyboard sounds producers. With nowdays technologies. Heh. I am very angry and I hope Roland finally make better arranger than G-1000 is. But who knows?!

#99527 - 06/10/05 01:01 PM Re: Shame!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Boy there sure have been some mixed emotions about this keyboard. Here's what I don't understand and why I think Roland (in my opinion) is greedy and don't really give a damn about the customers.

It is my understanding that the VA series is no longer produced and the G-70 has replaced the (ENTIRE) VA series. The VA series had (3) models. There was the VA-3/5/7. All aimed at diffferent price margins. Then Roland DROPS the ENTIRE series and replaces it with only ONE keyboard that costs a sh$#&%$ load of money, and then to really stick the stick up the consumers A!@# even further they only allow this model to be in a select number of stores, not available for online purchase, and can only be demoed and sold in a retail store.

I think Roland just basically gave a huge "go screw yourselves" to their arranger customers by doing this.

Again my opinion.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#99528 - 06/10/05 01:14 PM Re: Shame!!
vano Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Boy there sure have been some mixed emotions about this keyboard. Here's what I don't understand and why I think Roland (in my opinion) is greedy and don't really give a damn about the customers.

It is my understanding that the VA series is no longer produced and the G-70 has replaced the (ENTIRE) VA series. The VA series had (3) models. There was the VA-3/5/7. All aimed at diffferent price margins. Then Roland DROPS the ENTIRE series and replaces it with only ONE keyboard that costs a sh$#&%$ load of money, and then to really stick the stick up the consumers A!@# even further they only allow this model to be in a select number of stores, not available for online purchase, and can only be demoed and sold in a retail store.

I think Roland just basically gave a huge "go screw yourselves" to their arranger customers by doing this.

Again my opinion.

Squeak

Thanks buddy. Only solution is make a real band. Who cares for arrangers?

#99529 - 06/10/05 01:29 PM Re: Shame!!
squeak_D Offline

It's really ruff today with some of the prices on these keyboards and their (lack) of features in several areas. Personally I just cannot see why they charge so much money for some of these keyboards today. Especially considering where we are with technology today and how cheap a lot of it is. The profit margin for keyboard makers is HUGE! Hell you can get a computer for less than $500 now and add a midi controller with some software and still get a better system then what a keyboard has to offer (again my opinion there).

I know people say that you're getting all this technology and it's portable. However the techonology isn't that new in these boards. Hell my toothbrush is portable, and it cost me $3.00 and not $3,000.

Roland in my opinion seems to not really care about the arranger department. I say this because of the G-70 replacing the entire VA line and bringing with it a HUGE price tag. I also agree and say "shame" on them for prices on keyboards such as the EXR-7. The EXR-7 has jack for sequencer editing, no style editing or recording, and no voice editing. Sure it has some good sounds, a D-Beam, and 76 keys, but sell it for $1,000. They've got to be crazy! For that price you could get a PA-50 or PSR-1500 that has way more features and bang for the buck. Maybe not 76 keys, but not everyone wants 76 keys either.

I used to be a big supporter of Roland, but lately been angry at them for their sh#@!!ing on the arranger players.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#99530 - 06/10/05 01:48 PM Re: Shame!!
vano Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
It's really ruff today with some of the prices on these keyboards and their (lack) of features in several areas. Personally I just cannot see why they charge so much money for some of these keyboards today. Especially considering where we are with technology today and how cheap a lot of it is. The profit margin for keyboard makers is HUGE! Hell you can get a computer for less than $500 now and add a midi controller with some software and still get a better system then what a keyboard has to offer (again my opinion there).

I know people say that you're getting all this technology and it's portable. However the techonology isn't that new in these boards. Hell my toothbrush is portable, and it cost me $3.00 and not $3,000.

Roland in my opinion seems to not really care about the arranger department. I say this because of the G-70 replacing the entire VA line and bringing with it a HUGE price tag. I also agree and say "shame" on them for prices on keyboards such as the EXR-7. The EXR-7 has jack for sequencer editing, no style editing or recording, and no voice editing. Sure it has some good sounds, a D-Beam, and 76 keys, but sell it for $1,000. They've got to be crazy! For that price you could get a PA-50 or PSR-1500 that has way more features and bang for the buck. Maybe not 76 keys, but not everyone wants 76 keys either.

I used to be a big supporter of Roland, but lately been angry at them for their sh#@!!ing on the arranger players.

Squeak

Thanks squeak. Your opinion is right. Roland producers do not care for us. But when customers turn back them, then will be playing some said song.

#99531 - 06/10/05 01:51 PM Re: Shame!!
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I don't understand why people are so upset about the G-70. I bought one at a great price. about the same as a Tyros.
in addition I got 76 REAL keys instead of 61 toy keys.
I got a removable storage whic makes file maintance a breeze.
I got a real mic input with a real harmonizer.
I also got a master eq and compressor system.
I also got an unlimited user program storage with easy access and file storage.
The only thing I'm missing is the fancy drink holder at the end of the keyboard

#99532 - 06/10/05 01:56 PM Re: Shame!!
vano Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I don't understand why people are so upset about the G-70. I bought one at a great price. about the same as a Tyros.
in addition I got 76 REAL keys instead of 61 toy keys.
I got a removable storage whic makes file maintance a breeze.
I got a real mic input with a real harmonizer.
I also got a master eq and compressor system.
I also got an unlimited user program storage with easy access and file storage.
The only thing I'm missing is the fancy drink holder at the end of the keyboard

But Frankieve you do not got a sound. Did you?!

#99533 - 06/10/05 02:11 PM Re: Shame!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Frank has or had all the top boards...he knows if the G70 sounds good!!

#99534 - 06/10/05 02:20 PM Re: Shame!!
vano Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Frank has or had all the top boards...he knows if the G70 sounds good!!

Ok. More instruments sounds good but where is important things, drums and basses.

#99535 - 06/10/05 03:07 PM Re: Shame!!
squeak_D Offline

We all know that sounds on a keyboard are subjective. Everyone has different taste. Like I've said in the past I've talked to people that prefer the sounds of a Casio to Yamaha/Roland/Korg. We each have our own opinions there. We pick our boards based on what type of music we play. Some are good at certain styles as others are not.

Squeak

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online