SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#72594 - 03/30/00 05:42 AM Re: DJX
mdolmon Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio,US
After 29 or so responses to this question I’d thought I would add my 2 cents for what it’s worth. It’s all a matter of personal taste and each person’s ability to satisfy them selves musically. First and foremost music should be fun and challenging to the writer/performer. If one only can afford a DJX or is all that person requires and he/she can make music with it that makes them and others happy then I’d say the DJX is the right tool and choice. Often times we musicians argue about the most ridiculous things, remember what is gold to one person is junk to another. From a personal point I have a DJX along with a ton of other gear ranging from vintage Roland and Korg gear to newer gear such as a RM1X, CS2X, N5EX. I use the DJX when I’m inspired by a particular sound/loop and apply it as needed, I have done complete tunes with the DJX only and they sound great, you see my point is let’s respect each others opinions, and if what they compose isn’t your cup of tea look else where there is plenty of music around for us all.

#72595 - 03/30/00 05:55 AM Re: DJX
rascal Offline

mdolmon, you´re right...but i only wanted to inform that person who originally asked about djx, that there are better choices because there are these fanatic djx owners like MARYLAND who claims that djx is best and only keyboard/synth for professional musicians, that's why i just wanted to tell about those bad things in it also and i told my opinion...actually i don´t care how people make their music.all that matters is that you make music which you like and with anything you like...

#72596 - 03/30/00 06:02 AM Re: DJX
Shadowhawk Offline

Loc: plymouth meeting pa usa
Rascal: you mentioned that you can't upload sounds to the keyboard? I don't know the specs, but I thought there was a port on the back of the keyboard used for importing sounds from the computer. I've known cheapy keyboards that could do the same, so I figured atleast the DJX keyboard could hold some sounds and such from your keyboard. I saw some program a week ago that could manipulate the pre-recorded sounds somehow, and I'm pissed that I can't find the page anymore. Origionally I started this whole debate hoping for a simple yes or no answer, and obviously it all boils down to personal choice. Since I'm still a newbie to the scene I will go with the general concensus that the DJX is good for beginners and experts for the cost. Thanks for the info...

#72597 - 03/30/00 06:22 AM Re: DJX
rascal Offline

shadow hawk,there is only that line-in which you can use to sample sounds in your djx...because there is not much memory for those sounds you cannot use it for anything serious...but that soundediting stuff is impossible...

#72598 - 03/30/00 08:11 AM Re: DJX
mdolmon Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio,US
Shadow Hawk, I to also work with a DJ from time to time. I use the RM1X because I can tap tempo mute and un-mute tracks in the fly etc. You can and will be able to mute tracks within patterns on the DJX but if you can spend a little more by the RM1X, you'll need a controller if you don;t want to use the little keyboard but you'll be much better off sonically and creatively with the RM1X.

Just a thought!!!

#72599 - 03/30/00 08:16 AM Re: DJX
rascal Offline

mdolmon,that´s just the point i´ve been trying to tell
but no succes yet

#72600 - 03/30/00 09:46 AM Re: DJX
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rascal Rascal Rascal.. at first I only thought you was a Candy *ss but now I know you are. Why do you complian so much? R u a girl or somethin.

And that shows how much you Dumb *ss knows.. the sound quality of my beats are perfect. My brother makes beats in a studio and It sounds great. When I compare Our beats there is not a diffrence. you don't need a speacial sound card or anything to do this sh*t... you obviuosly don't have a freekin clue what your talkin about. it seems as if your just saying anyrthing that you want.. listen.. think befor you speak ok.. then you won't say any old dumb thing out your mouth.

I never did say I was the master of beats thats just somethin you and the others made up. I do not say I am the best I say I am one of the best. But I know this for sure. you can make your tehcno, rock n' roll sh*t with your stinkin 5,000 dollar synths and I just know My sh*t will sound better.. becuase Its about skills somethin you don't have hahah becuase you just seem like make slummin SH"*t... hahahaha.

Hey what type of music you make? ... I just know its tehcno..

THis is the bottom line. I don'T Claim to be the best beat maker there is.. I claim to kick some tight SH*t . I also claim to make Better stuff than you rascal even with all your equipment. People like you shouldn't even open there mouth.

I would chelange you to a battle but you probably make some GAY stuff that would make me look bad for challeging you.

Rascal I said it once and I'll say it again its not this SH*t you have its the person behind the SH*T

#72601 - 03/30/00 10:19 AM Re: DJX
rascal Offline

maryland,you got some serious problems kid...get some help...how the hell you think you can judge someones skills when you even haven´t heard his music? all the time you just keep on saying that you´re the best and all the other djx users come right after you and all the rest is just shit...i think there is so ****ing many people here who're sick and tired about your bullshit talk...you´re the only one here who speaks crap all the time...your own behaviour has made me and many others thought about you very negative...but that´s life...you get what you deserve...please ne quiet...i really don't want to read your shit anymore...

#72602 - 03/30/00 10:21 AM Re: DJX
rascal Offline

maryland,you got some serious problems kid...get some help...how the hell you think you can judge someones skills when you even haven´t heard his music? all the time you just keep on saying that you´re the best and all the other djx users come right after you and all the rest is just shit...i think there is so ****ing many people here who're sick and tired about your bullshit talk...you´re the only one here who speaks crap all the time...your own behaviour has made me and many others thoughts about you very negative...but that´s life...you get what you deserve...please ne quiet...i really don't want to read your shit anymore...

#72603 - 03/30/00 10:32 AM Re: DJX
rascal Offline

Maryland
Junior Member posted 02-04-2000 09:49 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who in here make beats. I make rap beats and they sound profestional I Got a yamaha DJX and it only cost 300$ dollars and i think that there is nothing that a roland have over that and if it does I think that my beats are still the best. I think I make the best beats in synth zone. Who in here makes beats. If you do were are you from? whats your intrument? and what type of music do you play?

Yamaha .... what! what!!

[This message has been edited by Maryland (edited 02-04-2000).]

i thought you just said that you've never told that you're the best...???
i think you really should go to somewhere else if you only want to tell lies and argue...

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online