SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#70903 - 09/23/00 09:45 PM DJX DSP in Cubase VST?
Andrew R. Offline

I've read through the MIDI info in the DJX manual but I'm still a bit fuzzy on how to specify a DSP effect in my MIDI sequence. I've figured out by trial and error that cutoff and resonance are handled by General Controls # 74 and # 71, but what control number are DSP type and level on?

Thanks,
Andrew

#70904 - 10/01/00 11:59 PM Re: DJX DSP in Cubase VST?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have you tried your function keys and the demo keys to the left of it?
These keys work together in connection with your effects.
http://www.geocities.com/dj_white_rice

[This message has been edited by dj_white_rice (edited 10-25-2001).]

#70905 - 10/02/00 07:21 AM Re: DJX DSP in Cubase VST?
Andrew R. Offline

Yeah, I know how to set DSP with the onboard buttons, what I want to know is how to control DSP levels and changes from the sequencer. I don't want to have to reset my FX settings every time I open a song, plus there are supposedly more DSP effects that can only be set from the MIDI software and not on-board.

Any other ideas?

Andrew

#70906 - 10/02/00 09:09 AM Re: DJX DSP in Cubase VST?
Anonymous
Unregistered

So Happy To See.. People still using the DJX { A Machine that says " you don't have to spend thousands of Dollars to make good music " Music Is in your head not in your instrament, if your mind Has music so will your Instrament: don't matter if its a rock and a stick it'll still sound good.

What type of music are you making any way?

#70907 - 10/02/00 09:24 AM Re: DJX DSP in Cubase VST?
Andrew R. Offline

Yeah, it's the first keyboard I've owned... I've always been a vocalist, drummer and guitarist, but I never had my own set of keys. It really is a great instrument for the money, if you massage it the right way you can get some pro results out of it. Unfortunately they wrote the manual for the market it was aimed at (amateurs) and trying to do anything with it through MIDI is like pulling teeth. Anyway, I'm doing all sorts of music with it... pop, electronica, funk... check the banner linked in my previous post and hear some of it!

Peace,
Andrew

#70908 - 10/08/00 11:55 PM Re: DJX DSP in Cubase VST?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yo! Larry what's up.
Have you tried asking MCLOVE about your cubase question?

His website is here and he is good about answering questions from sincere users. www.abstractreality.com/djx

------------------

#70909 - 10/08/00 11:57 PM Re: DJX DSP in Cubase VST?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Opps! My previous post should have been to Andrew... my bad!

------------------

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online