SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#72584 - 03/28/00 11:25 AM Re: DJX
House Junkie Offline

Loc: Florida USA
Dam rascal you are tough!

I just listened to JMC's song and if the DJX was the only tool used in the song like he said then 250 bucks goes a long way..

Good song JMC.

#72585 - 03/28/00 11:47 AM Re: DJX
yenoro Offline

Loc: Mableton, GA USA
Hello All,

We have formed a new mailing list for DJX users who are still creating music with the keyboard.

If you are a DJ or just a musician, then the DJX list is for you!

Come share your opinions on the upcoming DJX II and add-ons at:
http://www.onelist.com/group/DJX

Other mailing lists exist at:
http://www.tnlis.com/mailinglist

One topic that we will discuss soon is what other pieces of equipment make great combinations with the DJX.

Take care and stay focused.

Peace,

Roney
http://www.tnlis.com/mailinglist

------------------
Check out the upcoming Electric Slide music network on May 1, 2000!

http://www.electricslide.com

#72586 - 03/29/00 09:13 AM Re: DJX
rascal Offline

house j...my point just is that you can get much better equipment with that money you spend on djx...iīm not saying that djx is total crap but you really can get more with that money...thatīs the point...and about that sound replacing...it canīt be done with any software because djx has only ROM, not RAM...only way to replace those sounds would be to reprogram that ROM-chip and you canīt do that with your computer...there might be some good sounds in it but if you only have about 150 + 128GM sounds your songs are really going to sound the same...i couldnīt remember that number of sounds (150) but i think it was something like that so don't get stucked with that...

#72587 - 03/29/00 09:58 AM Re: DJX
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok rascal. I just read that smart *ss statment of yours above and I hope that you knew you were getting into somethin wehn ya said it.

I figure that you were one of those candy *sses just sittin back and reading the post when me and dee-lo was going at it.

you must fe a freekin looser to do that. I don't know what your talkin about the djx is not a toy. It does a better job than 99% of most other people crap.

Sh*t I just made 2 beat Cds with my Djx and everybody thinks that I made the beats in a studio. Rascal its not allways what you got that makes a good beat it who's behind the intrament.

and who ever above who said that the liked my beats more than Dee-los thanks for your 2 cents. and yes I did inprove the sound quality by 5000%. My beats sound crystal clear [well not crystal, but D*mm good] now that I used the line in on the computer and ran it threw some synths and all that good stuff.. after all that I burnt them and but em on a cd. I made 2 cds so far. Im takin a break befor my third one.

the Djx is all good. Name somethin that the DJX can't do that any other jabroni keyboard can. THey might have more instraments.........but who cares DJx gots 284, and if you can't chooes from that, your either slow or picky... yes and the other keyboards might have more sapling time.....but who cares. your not actually sampling some one singing on the song. all you need is a few words.. some times I got sapling space left over.

The DJX is good for people who know what they are doing, for people who actually know how to play music and make beats. but people like Rascal who just wants to loop somethin and put 1000 sound effects and hook up a billion dollar drum machine they would know Sh*t whne they sit behind the DJX becuase he would have to actually play msuic [ somethin he probably can't do

#72588 - 03/29/00 10:55 AM Re: DJX
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
my point just is that you can get much better equipment with that money you spend on djx

Maybe, but not *brand new*. Second hand possibly. For what it costs *new* there is nothing to touch it.

Cheers,
Jason.

------------------
www.jmcdancemusic.co.uk

#72589 - 03/29/00 02:23 PM Re: DJX
House Junkie Offline

Loc: Florida USA
rascal,thats what I meant by something being developed to expand the DJX's sound pallet.And the sampler uses 128kb of RAM to give six secs.of sampling.So there is RAM onboard the DJX,just no expandibilty for it at this time.And I agree you won't get anything this good in its price range unless its used(I have no problem using used gear).

One question, have you ever used the DJX anywhere outside of the store?(man,I swear i've never went to bat this much for any of my gear:0)

#72590 - 03/29/00 03:00 PM Re: DJX
Anonymous
Unregistered

Junk I think Rascal may be a litle slow.... He just someone who thinks an exspensive keyboard will kick more *ss than a low priced one. He thinks that a costy keyboard will make up for his lack of knowledg when it comes to beat making, He has no skill at all. HAHAHAH

#72591 - 03/30/00 12:52 AM Re: DJX
rascal Offline

maryland,why donīt you just be quiet...youīre so childish...actually i know how to make music and i donīt need to use loops and billions of effects...and what comes to your beats, i must say that people that have heard your beats are propably some teenagers who donīt know anything about music...they really have to be because anyone knows that you cannot record songs from djx or any other keyboard or synth with ordinary soundcard with that kind of quality that you could really think it was recorder in some studio...you really have some serious attitude problem if canīt stand that someone says some bad words about your djx...it really isn't the best keyboard as you claim...and actually i donīt even like keyboards because their lack of editing sounds...i use only synths and that kind of stuff...so please be so kind and donīt start to tell that childish bullshit to me anymore...

#72592 - 03/30/00 12:58 AM Re: DJX
rascal Offline

ml,and by the way...how the hell you claim to be master of beats if donīt even know whatīs the difference between synth and audioeditor software...that proves quite much about your knowledge about synths,keyboards and that kind of stuff...and i really would like to know what is sapling?you really should take some lessons in english...

#72593 - 03/30/00 01:14 AM Re: DJX
rascal Offline

house j,yep i know there is RAM for that sampler but that cannot be used to store edited sounds...if you could really edit and store those sounds then it would be good...i havenīt ever even tried djx my self...but i have lot of experience about synths and thatīs why i know whatīs djx capable...the sounds in it are quite same as in cs1x or atleast they sound quite same...and knowing that you canīt edit them tells quite much about djx...those effects in djx are good...actually only thing that i donīt like in djx is that you canīt edit or replace those sounds...i really need more sounds than djx can offer me...i donīt want to use same sounds in all songs like maryland seems to do...i donīt want to argue about this and i hope you don't go so low as maryland does, i mean he tells that crap about people who use synths to make music and claims that all experienced users use djx beacause it simply is the best thing evermade...and that stuff about me making music...oh god...i hate that kid...heīs just so annoying...:/

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online