SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#69573 - 11/29/09 02:55 PM kn6000 - kn7000 question ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Will songs recorded on a kn7000 in technics mode play on a kn6000?
thank you,
t.

#69574 - 11/29/09 03:22 PM Re: kn6000 - kn7000 question ...
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Tony,

No I don't think it will. You can play the KN6000 patterns and styles on the KN7000 but not the other way round. I believe it's because the KN7 has more advanced technology which the KN6 cannot read or understand.
May I suggest you look at Bill Norrie's website, it has a wealth of Technics information on it and if you cannot find your answer there, I'm sure if you email Bill, he will be able to give you a precise answer to your question.

Audrey

#69575 - 11/29/09 03:28 PM Re: kn6000 - kn7000 question ...
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Tony,

I'm afraid the short answer is No I don't think any of the KN range will allow files recorded on newer keyboards, to play on previous versions.
The only option might be to use the EMC Style Works program but I don't know if it will convert complete songs. I have no experience of the program but I expect other forum members have...............

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69576 - 11/29/09 04:52 PM Re: kn6000 - kn7000 question ...
tony mads usa Offline

Not the answers I was hopng for, but actually they are the answers I expected ...

Thank you,
t.

#69577 - 11/29/09 05:31 PM Re: kn6000 - kn7000 question ...
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Tony, I have been meaning to say this for a long time: You really amaze me that you have not taken advantage of investing in a KN7000 over the years. It is a well known fact that the KN6000 keyboard is probably one of the worst keyboards the company ever produced. Other members on the forum will tell you this. It had nothing but problems from the beginning - update after update. You have proven to be a true music lover and have shown interest in everyone's post so you can understand my question. I hope I have not offended you.

Mark

#69578 - 11/30/09 07:11 AM Re: kn6000 - kn7000 question ...
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kitkat:
Tony, I have been meaning to say this for a long time: You really amaze me that you have not taken advantage of investing in a KN7000 over the years. It is a well known fact that the KN6000 keyboard is probably one of the worst keyboards the company ever produced. Other members on the forum will tell you this. It had nothing but problems from the beginning - update after update. You have proven to be a true music lover and have shown interest in everyone's post so you can understand my question. I hope I have not offended you.

Mark

MArk ... no offense taken ...
Contrary to others' reports, - and I HATE to jinx myself by saying this - but I have had nothing but the greatest success with my kn6000... the sounds are great, the OS is wonderful, etc. etc.etc. and I have received many, many compliments while playing it ...
I had thought about the kn7000 because of its additional features, but when it was announced that technics would no longer produce arranger kbs, I decided against it ... The kn6000 might just be my last kb ...

t.

#69579 - 11/30/09 08:36 AM Re: kn6000 - kn7000 question ...
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Hi, Tony –

Glad that I didn’t offend you and I am pleased that you have had no problems with the keyboard. A friend of mine had TWO. The first one had so many problems, he sent it back and it was replaced and still having problems. Using the footswitch in either glide or sustain would stick. He became paranoid using the glide because when it would stick, the Rt 1 and Rt 2 were off in pitch with the style. Also, every once in awhile, there would be a thunderous sound come from nowhere while playing. He also had a rattling speaker problem. My knowing this, along with the slow floppy drive was a turnoff for me. About this time, my uncle upgraded from his KN1000 to the KN7000. I ended up with his KN7000. I couldn't be happier with it and like you, this keyboard will probably be my last.

Mark

#69580 - 11/30/09 03:50 PM Re: kn6000 - kn7000 question ...
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
I had the previous two KN6000 one that I used for gigs and one at home. Both were equipped with hard disk from Switzerland. I updated the software all the time and had no major problems. I was also very well paid when I sold them.

KN7000 is obviously better in many small details. SD card is a great invention. There are a lot of little things that make it easier to program the KN7000. One thing I like is for example that you can turn off the speakers. Another is that you can download the lyrics of the sequencer.

On the other hand there is no difference in sound between the two and I mean line out.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online