SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#69474 - 11/18/09 07:30 PM TRUMPET SOLOIST VIBRATO
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
The Trumpet Soloist in the KN7000 is the same as what is in the KN6000. I find the vibrato so sloppy. Some of the notes wobble with a slow vibrato that sounds ridiculous. One would think that the company would have corrected this when they came out with the KN6500. They didn’t and also didn’t correct it in the KN7000. This is really frustrating because it basically is a very nice trumpet sound. I don’t understand why some of the notes are so slow and sound so bad, vibrato wise. It seems that all the notes would have the same vibrato speed. Does anyone know how to adjust this particular sound? I tried going into Sound Edit and used the vibrato speed to see if that would do any good – it doesn’t. If no one has a way of knowing how to correct this, does anyone have a good sound edit that is close? My experimenting with other trumpet sounds doesn’t seem to work. Hopefully, someone has a perfect or near perfect sound combination.

Mark

#69475 - 11/19/09 01:10 AM Re: TRUMPET SOLOIST VIBRATO
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Mark,
Trumpet is one of my favorite instruments, the second is piano. There keyboards that will give the trumpet many different sounds using the after touch and added buttons --- but I have not found a trumpet that sounds more natural than the one on the Technics keyboard.

In my Kn7000 I created eight different trumpets to meet my different needs. Strong with little vibrato, soft with a gentle vibrate, high with a very strong vibrato, ect. Keep in mind that although keyboards have come a long way in duplicating instrument sounds they still run short when compared to the real thing. And all of it is still a matter of personal taste.

John C.

#69476 - 11/19/09 08:27 AM Re: TRUMPET SOLOIST VIBRATO
kitkat Offline

Hi John,

I have also saved four trumpet sounds in Sound Memory by changing the vibrato speed and brilliance. I have been able to do fairly good sounds but I like very much the Trumpet Soloist sound in the keyboard. I just wish that the vibrato was the same throughout the notes. The sound reminds me very much of a Harry James trumpet sound. It really is very realistic sounding. I also feel that the Tenor Sax Soloist is the most realistic sound in the keyboard. The vibrato is true throughout the notes. I have not found a vibrato problem with the other solo sounds.

Mark

#69477 - 11/19/09 11:53 AM Re: TRUMPET SOLOIST VIBRATO
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Mark, There is the answer –if you are saying you were fond of the sound of Harry James’s trumpet and I took trumpet only to sound like him, then we judge with different criteria in turn making all trumpets that Technics created OK and depends on who.

When you press a key you can only get what has been programmed into the keyboard. To have the instrument respond to how it is being played is another discussion. Yamaha is selling a Trombone sample, which does some of what you want, I think its $49 for the one instrument. Keep in mind the more you want the instrument to do the more memory you need.

John C.

#69478 - 11/29/09 03:32 PM Re: TRUMPET SOLOIST VIBRATO
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Mark,

I'm wondering if you have checked out the 'Sound Explorer'? You will find several more trumpets, saxes etc. there, some of which, are better than those in the presets.

Audrey

#69479 - 11/30/09 03:32 PM Re: TRUMPET SOLOIST VIBRATO
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Kitkat,
I´m afraid that the sound of the trumpet are sampled with this vibrato.The sound is not too bad really, but we should not play for long tones. One can also mix two trumpets in a tone. However, if you go to "Sound Explorer" I imagine that there are trumpets without vibrato. You can then use the "vibratowheel" on the left to regulate this.
Lindoz

#69480 - 11/30/09 03:53 PM Re: TRUMPET SOLOIST VIBRATO
kitkat Offline

Thanks, Audrey and Lindoz. It is good to be reminded about Sound Explorer. I am aware of all the sounds there but at times, forget to check them out. I do find it odd that Trumpet Soloist doesn't have the same vibrato throughout the keyboard. It seems that all other sounds have an even vibrato. It is too bad because the Trumpet Soloist has a great trumpet sound.

Mark

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online