SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#69582 - 11/30/09 10:37 AM I'm Stuck
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Dear Girls and Boys,
I'd like to play an audio file in my KN 7000 SD Player. I know that the Juke Box is the way to prepare an audio file for the Player. However, I'm using a Mac and can't use the Windows only program. Phil Leader in his book, "Getting The Most From Your KN 7000" mentions an AAC file, but he also says something about an mp3 file. And, I know that will not work with SD Player. So, my question is. What file will play in the SD Player? Or do you have a suggestion for a work around?
Thank you for all your great help.
Frank

#69583 - 11/30/09 12:16 PM Re: I'm Stuck
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Frank
There is no work-around...
SD Jukebox takes in MP3/WAV/WMA audio files or music on CDs and converts each song into a format that the KN7000 will recognise and play.
The SD Jukebox software is as you've discovered designed for use in PC's not in Apple Macs sadly - and was of course written as a bit of software at least 8 or 9 years ago...Technics stopped making keyboards 6 to 7 years ago, so there aren't any Mac inclusive updates to SD Jukebox.
If you've got a local friend with a PC who will let you load SD Jukebox and convert your MP3/WAV/WMA file plus download it to an SD Card...that's about the only way forward...
Good luck - Rog

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online