SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#67415 - 08/02/08 10:11 AM Re: A MIC PREAMP?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
As I said in the last paragraph above, the way the Physical APC/Sequencer and On-Screen APC volumes interact, depends on whether the Sequencer is selected or not.

The APC (Auto Play Chord) On-Screen control is just as its name suggests - it controls the level of all the parts in the Style ie Bass, ACP1 - ACP5 and drums. In other words, it can be considered as a Master control for all the parts in the Accompaniment Style only. It does NOT affect the other parts such as RT1, RT2, Left or Pads.

When playing without the Sequencer, the Physical APC/Sequencer control and the On-Screen APC control, are 'tied' together and again, each one acts as a Master volume control for all the parts in the Accompaniment Style only.

When using the Sequencer for playback, the two controls act independently - The On-Screen control only affects the parts in the Accompaniment Style, whilst the Physical APC/Sequencer control, affects the entire Sequencer volume level. This control also affects the Sequencer Output level to the LINE OUT sockets. However, as would be expected, it does not affect the Microphone output level to the LINE OUT sockets.

One other thing to note : If you are using a Sequence as a 'backing' but have turned off say RT1 and RT2, on the Sequencer Play screen, so that you can play the melody 'live', then reducing the Physical APC/Sequencer volume will not affect the volume level of the Right Hand voices. This also applies to the Left voice, if that is also turned off in the Sequencer Play screen. This of course is expected, since if these parts are turned off in the Sequencer screen, they are no longer regarded as part of the Sequencer.

As far as a small Microphone Compressor/Limiter is concerned, have a look here : http://www.zzounds.com/item--RLLCL151

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67416 - 08/02/08 12:15 PM Re: A MIC PREAMP?
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Bill,

I have done some checking on the Rolls CL151 GLC Limiter/Compressor and found some negative reports. I am enclosing one. I have had problems trying to bring up other reviews. ZZSounds speaks of reviews but I was unable to bring any of them up. Anyway, here is what one owner had to say about it.

One Owner's Opinion
Feature:
This unit is built in a bomber case and has higher quality buttons, but inside is junk. There is also no jack for an external power supply

Value:
nice case and buttons, but otherwise a big waste of money

Sound:
Like the other reviewers, I found the sound quality poor, lots of pops, buzzes, and background noise, and loud speaker damaging pops when you hit the buttons.

The above does not mean that I won't eventually buy it but I certainly want to read other reviews. Also, I have found it as low as $78.00

Mark

#67417 - 08/02/08 04:05 PM Re: A MIC PREAMP?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
On the website it says "...30-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Applies On This Item - Buy it, and if it isn't just right for you, return it!" so I guess you've nothing to lose by trying it

I don't understand the comment that it doesn't have an external power jack! The illustration clearly shows that it does and the Spec. states "..Operates on the supplied AC adapter.."

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online