SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63883 - 11/09/02 08:32 AM Whoaaa SPARKY, Now Hear This
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hi Sparky,
I have read your posts and I can certainly understand your frustration and anger. I have been there and I am sure many others here have also.
We all know that everyone has a bad day now and then and most people will try to walk around them till it passes. There are and always will be those that will throw fuel on the fire just to see it burn. But life is like that too just be aware that tomorrow or the next day will be a better day and wait for it. I have found one thing that helps me, as my temprement is similiar to yours. I write what I feel at the time and then I save it to a supense file. I wait two days and if I still feel the same way after two days, then I follow up on it.
I feel you are needed here as much as anyone else. You have contributed much to this forum and personally to individuals that isn't even known by the general population here. I am asking you to sit on it for now, think about it, and roll with the punches. There will be better days ahead, I am sure as there always are.
Your idea has great merit in my opinion. I think it will sell but will take some time.
Back when we only had Commodore 64s, We had to write our own Sequencer Programs. I still have mine. We recorded some basic tracks and then sent them to another musician friend that added their instrument expertise on a track and then emailed it on to the next musician who added another track and etc. When it got back to me I would edit it, balance it, and email it to everyone on my list. It worked great then, and it can work even better today with the hardware and software we have available today. Let's give it a try. I hope there is a lot of support for this idea of yours on this forum, and that it will result in some great songs. Lead off Dude. How about setting a guitar track with standard chord changes and 12 bars and send it over.
In the mean time, go skiing and cool off :-)
Stick around, you are one of us. We are family.
Best to you from
Bebop

#63884 - 11/09/02 09:29 AM Re: Whoaaa SPARKY, Now Hear This
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
Well Bebop,
Once again you have shown that with age comes wisdom. And yes, if I would have chilled out first I would have posted it differently. But people will get frustrated and make mistakes. But is other people jumping on thier backs for it the right thing to do? I see you did not post anything about Douglas's quote though. maybe I have done a good job of that myself and you don't need to! haha It was obvious that I wasn't going to just sit back and stand for it. As it is not in my nature. As far as laying down a guitar track I have one problem with that. I would like the tune which would end up having 8 or so panel memories/versions in the end to be really good. And the 1st thing to be done would be some cool drum tracks. Which is my problem. The drum tracks are still tough for me to do. If we could start out with drum track including fill in rolls of course then I could lay down my own tracks. Actually then everyone could lay down their own tracks with the drums then being the same for all of us. I guess the bass line would have to be the same also so that everyones own parts would not clash too much. Maybe another way too is to start with drums and bass, and then have one person finish it and send it to people who want to participate. And then each person could delete parts and redo them differently and then save to a new song number. Everyone having their own song number to save to. And then with 10 or so versions saved and emailed out to all, each person could then paste parts of all of them they prefer and make one blues tune of style. Actually many different styles, not just one. Also with some memories save with some tracks turned off or lower in volume the varioations would be many. And everyone would have a lot of blues variations to keep on file and use parts later. The great thing about blues is one can later change the base line and rhythm to get a whole new song or style, while keeping all the other tracks of riffs, and licks in there still. So much can be done. But will enough peoplein here, share thier favorite blues licks? What a joy it would be to have such a disk on file! We would all then have so much more to play with for blues. We would all have other members talents at our desposal for our blues jamming. Even just to play along with sometimes.
Maybe too one would like to save different versions and variations "1-4" on a different panel memory. The result would be one heck of a style because one could change from one variation to any of so many. And not be stuck with only 4 variations which have thier own licks in them. The result would be a virtually limitless array of changes and variations. Being that I can dream up better ideas than I can record and play, is there something I missed here? Is there a problem that would stop that from all being posible?
Tony

[This message has been edited by Sparky (edited 11-09-2002).]

#63885 - 11/09/02 10:18 AM Re: Whoaaa SPARKY, Now Hear This
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Sparky,
That is a great idea and I hope that other folk will be able to contribute to it. Snag for me is that I am hopelessly non technical, just a player, and can only feed off the generous contributions from members of this family.

Bebop is a wise old bird. Life's too short to get worked up (it'll only shorten your life anyway!) about, shall we say, unhelpful comments made by others. Cool, is the word, let it slide off your back like water off a duck. And if you feel you must reply just post "NUTS TO YOU!" It's not worth wasting your timein saying any more.

Peter or even

#63886 - 11/09/02 10:39 AM Re: Whoaaa SPARKY, Now Hear This
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
Ogre, Very true about letting it slide.
And hey Bebop, Thanks for the kick in the butt. I guess I needed it. But did you have to hit my tailbone? LOL
Signed
Sittin on a donut!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online