SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#52284 - 11/08/02 11:47 AM kn6500 sequencer problem. Help!
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
I have recorder with success on the composer of my kn6500. Now I am into the sequencer and have a problem. I recorded the drum track thru to 32 measures for now. And I recorded track 1 with a guitar voice. Then when playing it back they are both the same voice. If I change one, they both change! I have to admit with all the patience I have, I am very po'ed at this! Can someone help me please? I recorded the drums on track one by mistake and then pasted them onto track 8 and then worked more on them. then I went to track one and recorded with guitar. Is this why? Oh my Lord! Now I went back over to my keys and tried again to fix it and all is gone. Nothing is there and I have to start over again! Is the sequencer really that lousey???????? I am very upset with technics! I paid over 3k for this thing and thats how lousey the sequencer is?????
Helppppppppp
Tony

[This message has been edited by Sparky (edited 11-08-2002).]

#52285 - 11/08/02 12:55 PM Re: kn6500 sequencer problem. Help!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
"Is the sequencer really that lousey???????? I am very upset with technics! I paid over 3k for this thing and thats how lousey the sequencer is?????"

Come off it Sparky - There's nothing wrong with the KN6500 sequencer - just have a bit of patience and learn how to use it properly. Many people on this forum have been using it successfully for a long time.

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 11-08-2002).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#52286 - 11/08/02 02:29 PM Re: kn6500 sequencer problem. Help!
Sparky Offline

Come off it Sparky - There's nothing wrong with the KN6500 sequencer - just have a bit of patience and learn how to use it properly. Many people on this forum have been using it successfully for a long time.

[/B][/QUOTE]

And many have complained about it also. I read the manual but must have miss something. I dont know why it is acting like it is. I need help on this one. Maybe helping me would be better than just tell me to come off it. I didnt need to know to come off it man. I needed to know why it is acting funny, or if maybe its a glitch in mine only. So come off it Bill. hehe

#52287 - 11/08/02 02:48 PM Re: kn6500 sequencer problem. Help!
Sparky Offline

I see the problem must have been that at first I choose drums for track one. And then even though i pasted them to track 8 and cleared track 1 , track one was then tied to track 8 somehow, and permanantly that way even after clearing it. and so changing voice on track one would also change the voice of track 8/ Doesn't seem right but it seems to be the way it works. Is there a way around that? Cuz if i ever paste from one track to another, I want to reuse that track for other voices and not be stuck with that one... Is there a reason for that????
And Does anyone know how my recording disappeared on my without clearing it or turning the board off?
I know that learning how to use it is one asnwer, but thats not quite the answer I am looking for. That I am already trying to do. I have read the manual from cover to cover twice so far. its not like I ask tech questions here much. Cant remember when it was last. Please save the comments like Bills for someone too lazy to read the manual and struggle through it on thier own 1st. As my mother used to say " if you don't have something good to say, then don't say anything at all"
Tony

#52288 - 11/08/02 06:13 PM Re: kn6500 sequencer problem. Help!
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Sparky,

You might try asking for help instead of denigrating the product with Quote - “Is the sequencer really that lousy???????? I am very upset with technics! I paid over 3k for this thing and that's how lousy the sequencer is?????" I don’t think you will get a great deal of response with that kind of an attitude. To tell the truth, I don’t understand why some types of personalities get great pleasure in finding fault with things. Don’t feel you are the only one. I know some others that enjoy the same thing. Also some people like to hear negative talk. Personally I could get along very well without it.

Grandpa Doug

#52289 - 11/08/02 08:07 PM Re: kn6500 sequencer problem. Help!
Sparky Offline

WOW Douglas, How nice of you to jump in like that! So what you are saying is that it is not ok for me to be upset with the sequencer or voice my opinion on a machine, But it is a good thing for you to get on here and put a human being down? The sequencer is not the best and most know that. I had a better sequencing program on my old commodore64 PC! So i guess that its ok for you to get on here and put me down but not for me to put down a machine? And I asked for help a few times in my even spelled it like this "helpppppp! But maybe you didnt see that because you were too busy thinking of a nice slam on my person! By the way, the sequencer is the only thing about the kn series I do not care for. And keep in mind that I was frustrated at the time! You ever get frustrated before???? Or are you perfect. People like you who jump on the band wagon the second someone else makes a comment and throw more gas on the fire are not my favorite type of people. I don't do that! I didn't ask you to insult me Doug! I asked for help. which like i said you missed cuz you were too busy working up a good insult to me person! You even went through all the trouble on retyping a few sentences I said so you could make me look as bad as posible. I think you just made yourself look like something I need not say because people are not blind. All you added to this thread is insult and nothing more.You offered no help. There is a good and a bad way to correct someone. A nice way and a rude way. If you can not contribute with help then do NOT bother to reply to my questions. Unless it makes you feel like a better man in front of these people to make the other guy look bad. Maybe now you are thinking you should have shut your trap instead? Nah,,, I doubt it. Guys like you do not admit fault. Instead you will probably argue you are right and just drag this thing out. I am not impressed Bebop!
I admit I said is this that lousey??? and I am unhappy. But for a man to insult a person for being unhappy with a sequencer is just poor conduct. Look at it this way,,, I didn't start in on someone here. But two people were rather bluntly insulting to me. Good thing we have people who help in here. and great persons like Bebop, etc... to keep the peace because this place would be a nightmare and no one would come here because of people jumping on peoples back to defend a machine! You heard enough???? I suspect now that you know I can defend myself good and long. You might go pick on a weak person instead. Those are the type guys like you prey on!
Unhappy Camper.

#52290 - 11/08/02 08:10 PM Re: kn6500 sequencer problem. Help!
Sparky Offline

And did you two ever stop to think that maybe I have a defective machine?? It IS posible! Unless you are GOD you don't know that.

#52291 - 11/08/02 08:47 PM Re: kn6500 sequencer problem. Help!
Sparky Offline

Douglas,, In the past 3 months you have only posted one, yes only one post!
While I have posted the following.
1. A way to stop the sustain pedal from sliding away while using it on carpet.
2. A virus alert when it was hitting a lot of people.
3. spyware alert and how to get rid of it, and I add that lotsa of people here had 50- 100 spyware and got rid of them which made thier pc go from bogging down to peppy again.
4. offered to share my beefed up sounds with anyone who wanted them.
5. being a guitar player for 26 years explained the structure of them on keys for people who didn't know.
6. A fun idea to do for us to enjoy.
And you didnt offer any helpful posts in these 3 months.
Maybe instead of throwing stones at people who often offer up helpful suggestions and try to share things, You should do the same yourself. Try posting something that contributes to the forum instead of sitting back and waiting for an oportunity to jump on someone who may have said something that was incorrect.
This is not the first time this has happened to me here either! And I hereby resign my membership to this place. I am all done with this kind of crap. You were the straw that broke the camels back. This post in general which got insults but no help has showed me that I am better off to just stay out of here.
Sparky

#52292 - 11/09/02 03:02 AM Re: kn6500 sequencer problem. Help!
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Sparky
If you've not already left the forum, one reason for sequence voicing problems is to do with Track assign. Do the following:-
Program Menus>Sequencer>Record & Edit>Track Assign> then check the tracks you have recorded. You may find that that two tracks are showing 'Right 1' So each time you change the voicing in Right 1, you also change the other track. All you need to do is change the other 'Right 1' track to the Track number it should be.
John

#52293 - 11/09/02 07:33 AM Re: kn6500 sequencer problem. Help!
Sparky Offline

Thank you so much John. I wonder how that happens? A glitch in the software? I mean there is only a right one and two to use to record all 16 tracks. Or maybe this only happens for the 1st 8 tracks. Yeah that must be it. You have told me how to fix it and so I know the problem, But haven't been able to try it yet because that recording is erased somehow. I may have hit the program menus button. Once that is done going back into the sequencer will only get me to have to start all over unless i hit panel write before i exit? It is my guess at this point that the best way to record in the sequencer would be to record right1 and 2 last, after all the other tracks are done. Then this will not happen again? I am not quite sure, I need to go record with it and see what happens in different cases. Maybe someone else or you can eleborate on this a bit more John.
Tony. No I haven't left yet, I came back to check this post to see what else was said about this bull crap kid play.

[This message has been edited by Sparky (edited 11-09-2002).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online