SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#63727 - 05/19/02 11:03 AM 4 way switch
ALAN MAXEY Offline

Loc: U.K.
I have just finished playing at a Catholic Confirmation service. I use my KN800 midied to an Allen organ for normal hymns and mass parts and the KN6000 for special pieces. M y question is, I have a TECHNOTE 4 way foot switch and a TECHNICS single foot switch. I find the TECHNOTE switch rather bulky. I use it with my shoes off so as not to press the wrong switch. How-ever today I missed the Panel memory increase switch and hit the switch programmed to stop, so everything came to a sudden conclusion . Does anyone else have the TECHNOTE switch or the TECHNICS 4way switch and what do they think of them? How do you other users out there programme the 4 way switch? Alan.

[This message has been edited by ALAN MAXEY (edited 05-19-2002).]

#63728 - 05/19/02 12:03 PM Re: 4 way switch
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI ALAN,
Welcome to the Technics Forum.
I don't have a 4 way foot switch but use two single switches and an expression pedal. I have heard several discuss this over time so, I am sure you will get some replies on this. Just be patient as some of the folks may only get here once a week or so and not 3 times a day like the rest of us addicts

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 05-19-2002).]

#63729 - 05/19/02 12:19 PM Re: 4 way switch
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Benno Kattenat:
hi alan, you go to http//home.no/gunnar-jonny/bobs/ you will find suggestion for pedals,i have the pedals as you, but dont us them as much,but you can set it up in the panel memories so it stays and doesnt change on you . go through your menu on your 6500 and check out the items for your foot controller settings you can save your settings so it wont change. best regards ,BENNO

#63730 - 05/19/02 12:20 PM Re: 4 way switch
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Yes the four way switch can be a bit of a *?*?**. I don't use mine very much now, but you may find it less of a problem if you allocate the same control to the 2 left switches and another control to the 2 right switches. I know that is reducing you effectively to 2 switches, but it should allow you to keep your shoes on!!!!!!!!!!

#63731 - 05/19/02 12:35 PM Re: 4 way switch
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I use the Technics four way switch as well as two single Yamaha switches with the KN5000. I use the four way for panel increment, decrement and for fill ins 1 and 2. I also remove my shoe to help keep from hitting the wrong switch. If I hit the wrong switch it is not a total disaster and can normally recover from an unwanted fill in or change in panel memory. Start/Stop is assigned to one of the single switches off to one side.

#63732 - 05/19/02 02:17 PM Re: 4 way switch
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
I use a 4 way foot controler in conjuction with an expression pedal and yamaha foot switch, the only diffulculty I have found is the instabiliy of these switches.My answer was to set my keyboard stand on a seperate solid wooden base,I then played around with the placement of the switchies untill a natural position was found the switchies were then secured in that position by a small framework for each switch and now I have no proplem hitting the right switch. My set up is 1. fill 1 2.panel inc 3. panel dec 4. fill 2 the seperate foot switch I use for rythm end.
Gilbert

#63733 - 05/19/02 03:45 PM Re: 4 way switch
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alan,

I use the Technote 4 way and two singles. As I started out playing, or trying to play organ, I got use to the kick switches on the expresion pedal.

I have mounted the two singles on the Technote Expression pedal. My pedal assignment is similar to Bob's, but I stay dressed.

I had a problem with the keyboard remembering my assignments but Alec's great book solved that problem. Been working fine ever since.

Fran in Florida

#63734 - 05/19/02 05:35 PM Re: 4 way switch
DaveT Offline

Loc: Yorkshire UK
Alan, I made my own four way foot switching unit using PSF 20 None Latching switch units,that way you can position the switches at what ever distance you want to suit your own needs. Shoes on or off.

The building is very easy and as the units have a standard jack plug outlet I used a computer printer cable with four jack plugs fitted on the eight inner cables and a din plug to match the input of the KN6000.

Then fitted a top to the whole unit which I can then place my other two foot switches thereby having all six foot switches in one compact unit.

I have the wiring info if you require it.

DaveT.

#63735 - 05/19/02 05:40 PM Re: 4 way switch
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
There is an article on the "How To" pages that describes the way Milan Hruby made his own foot switches in which he uses hand operated switches. The wiring diagrams can also be used to make a foot operated version.
http://home.no/gjg/bobs/howto.htm

#63736 - 05/19/02 06:23 PM Re: 4 way switch
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveT:
Alan, I made my own four way foot switching unit using PSF 20 None Latching switch units,that way you can position the switches at what ever distance you want to suit your own needs. Shoes on or off.

The building is very easy and as the units have a standard jack plug outlet I used a computer printer cable with four jack plugs fitted on the eight inner cables and a din plug to match the input of the KN6000.

Then fitted a top to the whole unit which I can then place my other two foot switches thereby having all six foot switches in one compact unit.

I have the wiring info if you require it.

DaveT.

Dave , is this a general offer, I would like a copy of the wiring as my last attempt was unsuccessful. Thanks. Walter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online