SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55195 - 05/27/02 04:00 PM Help! I'm doing something wrong
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
I have the KN6500. I am trying to change the R1 Voice in Var 3 to Romantic Clarinet and the R1 Voice in Var 4 to Piano and the default performance pads on the Slow 8 Beat Style and then I press and hold SET and the #1 panel button and I even gave it a name. When I go back to see if it worked, it goes back to the default. I checked to make sure I was in the expand mode for the panel memories and I am. I have the book How do I do this and I am not able to find it or I am not able to understand how to do this. If someone could give me the step by step directions, I would really appreciate it. I want to be able to press panel button one and then the voices will be the way I want them to be rather than the default and I won't have to set everything up just to play My Way. I know this has been asked before, but I was not that comfortable with experimentng with the settings. Please help me. Thank you in advance.

#55196 - 05/27/02 04:33 PM Re: Help! I'm doing something wrong
technicsplayer Offline

there are various things that could be happening, so need more information.

best thing to try first is to initialise the keyboard, menu/control/initial/ok/(yes)

msa ON

pick any preset style

press var 1, change the voice of an active conductor and save pan mem 1.

press var 2, change the voice, save pan mem 2.

do the same for 3 and 4.

now if you press the 4 var buttons with msa on, you will get the 4 preset registrations - if you press the 4 panel memory buttons you will get your selections of voices.

#55197 - 05/27/02 07:13 PM Re: Help! I'm doing something wrong
lrngkybrd Offline

OOhhh. I see. I was trying to save the voice changes for var 3 and var 4 on panel memory button 1. I didn't know you had to use one panel memory button for each variation. So, if I wanted to change the voices for each variation in a style, I would have to use four panel memory buttons. Thank you for making that a clear as a bell.

Now, I may be asking for a lot here, but is there a way I can change the R1 and R2 voices for all 4 variations in one style, say for example, Euro Foxtrot, and not have to use up four of the panel memory buttons?

#55198 - 05/28/02 02:51 AM Re: Help! I'm doing something wrong
technicsplayer Offline

ok, each memory saves a panel setup, as its name implies. If you save a new setup, it will obviously write over the previous setup, leaving the last one you saved to be recalled. That's why you have 104 panel memories available with each load.

the 2nd answer is yes, in a couple of ways.

if you use just one voice save the panel memory with R1 conductor On and R2 conductor Off. Then on recall R1 will play, but if you have saved R2 with your choice of voice and volume with its conductor Off, it will still be recalled and can play simply by switching its conductor On.
Thus you have 8 setups from 4 panel memories (many more if you include the combinations of Left and R1/R2 both on, technichord, DSP etc you can prepare and then switch on after the memory is selected.)

All of this is described on page 9 of the 'How Do I?' book.

Also: choose your style as above

menu\composer\pattern copy\ copy ALL to composer A

now save the 4 MSA settings as above but then re-save each pointing to the composer variation rather than the original preset style variation.

memorise your choice of pad banks you talked about in each memory too and then

menu\composer\custom style copy\ copy bank A to custom style 1.

all your personal registrations and pad selections are now played from the custom style with MSA on, using the 4 variation buttons with no panel memories required at all.

All of this is described on page 42.

#55199 - 05/28/02 05:57 PM Re: Help! I'm doing something wrong
lrngkybrd Offline

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I will try this right away and let you know how I do.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online