SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#5595 - 03/12/03 08:24 PM I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Either I am getting a little discouraged here or I am posting in the wrong place. I have twiced posted to threads in the Synthesizer catagory under the topic Moog and gotten zero responses. Just out of idle couriosity does anyone post to other topics or just the General one. Because every time I post here in the General topic I get a response. Anywhere else zip. Maybe I should just post in the general section only so I can gaurentee a response. Oh the US Mail is driving me nuts, still waitng for my Minimoog to arrive. Just wish I knew where it was? And it's registerd mail too.

#5596 - 03/12/03 10:26 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Soft Machine Offline

Were all tired of posting

im seeing & doing it at every other board I visit

#5597 - 03/13/03 06:35 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Laugh out loud!

#5598 - 03/13/03 07:07 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Catsailor Offline

Paul,

I don't think there are too many people interested in Moog. I also find this true with midi backing tracks. Seems that most people are only interested in or have a knowledge of certain items. I post on other topic areas, and usually don't get a response unless I make a statement that upsets certain people. I guess that is just the way people are. Keep trying, I do. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the Moog, other than hearing them played years ago. I heard a real nifty one-man concert from Disney World on TV one time. He created his own music! Awesome!

Peter

#5599 - 03/13/03 07:48 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

So I guess I am alone with the moog here then. Well I can live with that. Well I at least have the Moog Archives and Moog World to visit if need be. Thanks Peter.

#5600 - 03/13/03 09:13 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
tekminus Offline

There are other areas?

-tek

#5601 - 03/13/03 10:25 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have you scrolled down past the General Discussion? Or are you just being funny tek?

#5602 - 03/13/03 11:24 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
I think it's mostly because Moog equipment was never that good to begin with . For me there is no nostalgia , no real love for them . I own 25 Moog synthesizers in all ( counting the fact that I own more than one of some of the models ) . They are not very reliable , not very sturdy and compared to the new analog and VA , Moogs are very limited . I bought them in the mid to late 80s . So they were not very old at that time and still very tempermental . Today , I would NEVER pay $2000 for a Mini , that is just stupid . The MiniMoog is not a hard synthesizer to find or beat in features . I would never pay $500 for a Rogue , they were not even that much new . The polyMoog is an absolute piece of dogshit , it has been ever since it was new . The Memory Moog is an unreliable piece of garbage . One of the reasons I bought more than one of most of my Moogs is so I would HOPEFULLY have one that works at all times . I think Moog is wearing out , and justafiably so . The new MiniMoog Voyager is way over priced .

For $3500 the MiniMoog Voyager is quite a disapointment . The features do not justify the price . It's $3500 for the name , which really means nothing . Moog synthesizers were great when the choices were slim . Now , the field is filled with far superior machines at a much lower cost . To pay $3500 for Moogs signature and blue lighted Mod wheels shows a sign of stupidity .

I did see the Saturday Night Live episode with Gary Numan as the live act . It's been a long time since I saw that one . I almost forgot how many PolyMoogs and Minimoogs were on that stage . Also Gary had his Roland SH-1000 , certainly the most reliable synthesizer on the stage that day .

#5603 - 03/14/03 12:37 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Soft Machine Offline

Paul,

if itll make you feel better, im such a moog buff you have no idea

but who are YOU to think of ppl in a way when YOU are just going through YOUr life.

DOnt judge, dont bitch

post positive!!!!!!

#5604 - 03/14/03 01:25 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
The new Moog Voyager benefits from recent electronic advancements and is much more stable than its ancestors. It also provides MIDI and sound memory. While it is not cheap I think we'll be seeing quite a few of these around. A new Moog with MIDI control, user patches and stable tuning will have a lot of appeal to people that can afford it.

But it is true that you have quite a few choices in that price range nowadays. I bought a Waldorf Pulse a few years ago and it was cheap and is a great monophonic analog synth suitable for lead and bass sounds. I played an Access Virus C recently which is VA and I was very impressed with its sound.

800dv ... why did you buy 25 Moog synths if you didn't like them ???? I'd have thought you'd have made up your mind one way or the other after the first 2 or 3 .... And I DON'T think that someone is stupid for buying into the Voyager. Buying a new Moog keyboard may save them having to buy another 24 after that.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 03-14-2003).]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online