I think it's mostly because Moog equipment was never that good to begin with . For me there is no nostalgia , no real love for them . I own 25 Moog synthesizers in all ( counting the fact that I own more than one of some of the models ) . They are not very reliable , not very sturdy and compared to the new analog and VA , Moogs are very limited . I bought them in the mid to late 80s . So they were not very old at that time and still very tempermental . Today , I would NEVER pay $2000 for a Mini , that is just stupid . The MiniMoog is not a hard synthesizer to find or beat in features . I would never pay $500 for a Rogue , they were not even that much new . The polyMoog is an absolute piece of dogshit , it has been ever since it was new . The Memory Moog is an unreliable piece of garbage . One of the reasons I bought more than one of most of my Moogs is so I would HOPEFULLY have one that works at all times . I think Moog is wearing out , and justafiably so . The new MiniMoog Voyager is way over priced .

For $3500 the MiniMoog Voyager is quite a disapointment . The features do not justify the price . It's $3500 for the name , which really means nothing . Moog synthesizers were great when the choices were slim . Now , the field is filled with far superior machines at a much lower cost . To pay $3500 for Moogs signature and blue lighted Mod wheels shows a sign of stupidity .

I did see the Saturday Night Live episode with Gary Numan as the live act . It's been a long time since I saw that one . I almost forgot how many PolyMoogs and Minimoogs were on that stage . Also Gary had his Roland SH-1000 , certainly the most reliable synthesizer on the stage that day .