I think I am getting a little discouraged here.

Posted by: Anonymous

I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/12/03 08:24 PM

Either I am getting a little discouraged here or I am posting in the wrong place. I have twiced posted to threads in the Synthesizer catagory under the topic Moog and gotten zero responses. Just out of idle couriosity does anyone post to other topics or just the General one. Because every time I post here in the General topic I get a response. Anywhere else zip. Maybe I should just post in the general section only so I can gaurentee a response. Oh the US Mail is driving me nuts, still waitng for my Minimoog to arrive. Just wish I knew where it was? And it's registerd mail too.
Posted by: Soft Machine

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/12/03 10:26 PM

Were all tired of posting

im seeing & doing it at every other board I visit

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/13/03 06:35 AM

Laugh out loud!
Posted by: Catsailor

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/13/03 07:07 AM

Paul,

I don't think there are too many people interested in Moog. I also find this true with midi backing tracks. Seems that most people are only interested in or have a knowledge of certain items. I post on other topic areas, and usually don't get a response unless I make a statement that upsets certain people. I guess that is just the way people are. Keep trying, I do. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the Moog, other than hearing them played years ago. I heard a real nifty one-man concert from Disney World on TV one time. He created his own music! Awesome!

Peter

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/13/03 07:48 AM

So I guess I am alone with the moog here then. Well I can live with that. Well I at least have the Moog Archives and Moog World to visit if need be. Thanks Peter.
Posted by: tekminus

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/13/03 09:13 AM

There are other areas?

-tek

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/13/03 10:25 AM

Have you scrolled down past the General Discussion? Or are you just being funny tek?
Posted by: 800dv

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/13/03 11:24 PM

I think it's mostly because Moog equipment was never that good to begin with . For me there is no nostalgia , no real love for them . I own 25 Moog synthesizers in all ( counting the fact that I own more than one of some of the models ) . They are not very reliable , not very sturdy and compared to the new analog and VA , Moogs are very limited . I bought them in the mid to late 80s . So they were not very old at that time and still very tempermental . Today , I would NEVER pay $2000 for a Mini , that is just stupid . The MiniMoog is not a hard synthesizer to find or beat in features . I would never pay $500 for a Rogue , they were not even that much new . The polyMoog is an absolute piece of dogshit , it has been ever since it was new . The Memory Moog is an unreliable piece of garbage . One of the reasons I bought more than one of most of my Moogs is so I would HOPEFULLY have one that works at all times . I think Moog is wearing out , and justafiably so . The new MiniMoog Voyager is way over priced .

For $3500 the MiniMoog Voyager is quite a disapointment . The features do not justify the price . It's $3500 for the name , which really means nothing . Moog synthesizers were great when the choices were slim . Now , the field is filled with far superior machines at a much lower cost . To pay $3500 for Moogs signature and blue lighted Mod wheels shows a sign of stupidity .

I did see the Saturday Night Live episode with Gary Numan as the live act . It's been a long time since I saw that one . I almost forgot how many PolyMoogs and Minimoogs were on that stage . Also Gary had his Roland SH-1000 , certainly the most reliable synthesizer on the stage that day .

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/14/03 12:37 AM

Paul,

if itll make you feel better, im such a moog buff you have no idea

but who are YOU to think of ppl in a way when YOU are just going through YOUr life.

DOnt judge, dont bitch

post positive!!!!!!
Posted by: Nigel

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/14/03 01:25 AM

The new Moog Voyager benefits from recent electronic advancements and is much more stable than its ancestors. It also provides MIDI and sound memory. While it is not cheap I think we'll be seeing quite a few of these around. A new Moog with MIDI control, user patches and stable tuning will have a lot of appeal to people that can afford it.

But it is true that you have quite a few choices in that price range nowadays. I bought a Waldorf Pulse a few years ago and it was cheap and is a great monophonic analog synth suitable for lead and bass sounds. I played an Access Virus C recently which is VA and I was very impressed with its sound.

800dv ... why did you buy 25 Moog synths if you didn't like them ???? I'd have thought you'd have made up your mind one way or the other after the first 2 or 3 .... And I DON'T think that someone is stupid for buying into the Voyager. Buying a new Moog keyboard may save them having to buy another 24 after that.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 03-14-2003).]

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/14/03 06:29 AM

800dv you own 25 Moog synthesizers and yet you say you don’t like them? That makes no sense. You know you could make a lot of money selling those things like on Ebay. I am sure there would be quite a few people including myself who would buy them. I paid $350.00 for my Minimoog, which is on its way but is tied up somewhere in shipping in the Mail. Mainly because it is rather heavy and with registered mail someone has to be there to sign for it has it goes from post office to post office.

Softmachine, sorry don’t mean to judge it’s not even in my nature to do that. But I do apologies for doing so. Your right I will be more positive when I post in here. It’s just that I do not see a lot of people post in the Moog category well except for my two posts. I just thought people were only posting in the general section. I am glad to see other moog fans here on this BBS. I know there are others especially on the Moog World website. http://www.moogworld.com plus my own web site as well. But from now on my posts will be more positive. BTW: What Moog related stuff do you own Softmachine?

Granted the Minimoog voyager is a little too pricey for most people, though there are some people out there who will buy them. I mean people are buying those Moogerfooger stomp boxes. I really wish Moog would make a more affordable Moog synth. Maybe they could, remake the Multimoog, or even, the Micromoog.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/14/03 08:50 AM

It's not that I hate them . Or even dislike them . I will not buy anymore if that makes you feel better . I bought them from 1983 to 1994 . I can't stand sample playback machines and other keyboards with no realtime controls . In the 80s , I didn't have much of a choice . I bought other analog synthesizers too . Roland , Korg , Yamaha , Crumar , Siel , Sequential Circuits , Jen , Teisco , Multivox , Arp , Oberhiem , Serge , Paia , to a total of 77 synthesizers . I never payed close to $1000 for any of them . I keep them to use and to collect . Programmable memory is cheap , Midi is cheap , analog circuitry is cheap . There is no excuse for the MiniMoog Voyager to be $3500 . There is only one reason , he is overcharging for the name ONLY . It's physically bigger than the original , maybe that's it .

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/14/03 08:56 AM

Paul , when was you're Moog mailed ? Because of the size and price to mail , Objects like that are delivered in 3 days , 7 days at a maximum . Did you get a tracking number ? Usually something like that is sent UPS or Fedex , the USPS has a size limit .

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/14/03 10:35 AM

Actually it makes no difference to me whether or not you like them one way or the other, it just sounded like you hated them. It’s like a person owning a car they don’t like. But thank you for clearing that up.

In answer to your question it was mailed on February 12th and this is now March 14th. Also it is coming form Israel. The gentleman I bought it from said sending it through the mail was the cheapest for him too send it. Cost $150.00 for Airmail to the United States. He told me UPS and FED EX would have been more expensive. Unfortunately I have no tracking number for it just a registration number (RR number). I asked him about a tracking number, and he told me that their Post office has no way to do tracking of mail. But yet Israel can afford the Internet? That makes no sense. I want to our Main Branch Post office ware all the packages mailed through the USPS come into Frederick Maryland. They had no record in their system as to where it was. I was also informed that Registered mail takes longer because each time it goes through a Post office or loaded onto a truck or plane someone has to be there to sign for it. Plus there is also the tie up in Customs, and the through scanning to make sure it is safe. Plus all of the heightened security with this impending war with IRAQ. It’s taking longer then expected, instead of fourteen business days it’s more like four weeks. The Post office said to wait for thirty days before filing a claim for locating lost or delayed mail. So I will wait until the 28th and then go back and see what is happening. Obviously the post office was able to ship the Minimoog for him. I have shipped a Roland JX-305 through the US Mail.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/15/03 06:53 AM

Okay, Okay! I promise no more negative postings on the BBS I promise! Sorry I just have a tendency to become discouraged, or even frustrated with certain things, and have a tendency to let that bothers me. But since most everyone on here is positive and upbeat in helping me out an answering my questions, this does make me feel a whole lot better. Although waiting for my Minimoog to arrive from Israel is driving me crazy. I really wish I knew why it is taking this long for it too get here. I can’t track it since I don’t have a tracking number for it. Only the RR number (registered mail number), and I have tried using it on the USPS website but it tells me their is no record of it in their system. But that’s if I put the RR in front of the number. Now if I put the number in without the RR it says tracking has not been purchased for this item. And I have been waiting for this thin since February and it is now March. I am giving it till the 28th and then I will go back to the post office to see if they might know where it is and why the hold up.

Oh the other thing that gets me is the prices for Moog synthesizers being so high. 800dv was right, in that people want a Moog because of the Name. I wonder how many of these people who buy them actually use them or just collect one to have it and not use it. I bought a Minimoog mainly to play with, because I love hardware that enables you to interact with it. Try doing that with a DX7.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/15/03 09:55 AM

(in reply to my post)

Humm..
let me rephrase what I said

I didn't want to make it sound Paul actually said something bad. Really.

I was just under the impression he assumed people here havent already gone through most of synthesizers history, as many are pretty old enough to know what voltage controlled synths are.Having either owned or played on "analog" machines.

It's not because people post about modern technology that they dont have a clue about what was done before

Sorry if It sounded as if I was trying to shut him up. Paul never said any S*** to anyone here.

sincerely

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/15/03 11:19 AM

Thank you softmachine, I really do appericate what you said. I really can't say anything bad to anyone about anything here. If I did I think Nigle would have kicked me out of here.

I think what it was, was that I was just confused, that was all. Maybe I am just trying top keep the past alive.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/15/03 11:23 AM

Just in case anyone was interested the 61 after my name is not the year I was born. I was born in 1971. I really don't know why I put 61 after my name, the only reason was that I had owned a couple Korg Poly-61's. This is just to avoid any confusion.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/15/03 09:05 PM

I bought a Jen sx-2000 from Europe , it took about 30 days total . I talked to a friend of mine and he said that when ever you ship something , there is always a tracking number , no matter where it's coming from . I don't mean to scare you , but that don't sound right to me . If it's a letter , that's one thing . A package always has a tracking number . Perhaps you should ask the guy you bought it from for the receipt number and date , he should have that .

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/16/03 05:26 AM

umm ok thanks 800dv.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/16/03 05:34 AM

Does the recepit number work like a tracking number? Because the RR number does not work. Yes but that's Europe, mine is comming form Isreal. Well I am giving it till the 28th, before I find out where it is.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/16/03 09:27 AM

What I meant to say is that I can not use the S/N RR number to track my package online. If I want to track it I would have had to pay for that seperately. The gentleman told me that they are unable to do tracking of mail, just a S/N RR number.

The Post office here does not have a record of it yet.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/16/03 06:21 PM

All packages no matter where they are from or where they are going have a tracking number . That's how they keep track of it , where it's going , if the shipping was payed . All of that is known the moment the tracking number is scanned . I must say , I don't really know what is going on with that but if it were me , I wouldn't like it one bit . The $350.00 is a lot of money in that third world shithole . I hope you get what you payed for .

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/16/03 06:38 PM

well I let you know when it gets here. Gee and I thought you had to pay for a tracking number when useing the Post Office?

I just don't know why I can track it online. I type the number in the tracking field one way and no record comes up type it the other way an no tracking was purchased for the item. Even the post office here can't find it yet.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/16/03 06:41 PM

I meant that I can't track it on line. I typed too fast sorry.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/17/03 09:52 AM

I hope it all works out . The problem is , that number that you were given should have worked 7 days after it was sent .

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/17/03 11:44 AM

I keep trying and still nothing. I even checked the FAQ's section to see about tracking RR numbers, and was told the USPS has no electronic means for tracking it well at least not online. I am hoping it will be here by the 26th if not I will give it till the 28th.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/19/03 01:28 AM

I thought General Discussion was an important person. not so? and other areas...who is he I dont see him anywhere.
I probably should do more posting in specified catagories.
MORPH!

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/27/03 11:56 AM

well still nothing on my minimoog synthesizer. I went to the post office today and was told that they cannot track international registerd mail. Which to me makes absolutely no sense at all whats so ever. If they can't track it then whats the point of giving me a shipping number in the first place I as you. Well If I don't get it by April then I guess I am out $350.00.

I am really hateing the US mail right now, and this rotten war is not helping either, by tieing things up.
Posted by: Catsailor

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/27/03 01:24 PM

Paul,

Did you order from a company or individual? Find out all the shipping information you can. If the item was insured, there should be records. If you don't receive it in what you consider to be a reasonable time, file a claim with the carrier. Some times they can find a package pretty fast when a claim is filed against them! Did you pay by personal check? If so, has it been cashed? If not, you could put a hold on it. This usually shakes up the sender! Is it coming from outside of the country? If so, it could be held up at customs and this can really take a long time. Just some thoughts. Keep us informed.

Peter

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/27/03 01:34 PM

Peter,

I did get it from an individual, through a canceled ebay auction. And yes it is comeing from overseas. Isreal to be exact, so it must be hung up in customs like you said. I will keep you informed.

Paul
Posted by: Pilot

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/27/03 02:03 PM

Don't give up yet. I recently ordered some software from Yamaha UK and it took exactly a month to arrive here in Canada.

Bryan

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/27/03 05:53 PM

Just as Catsailor said , I would file a claim . The problem is that a MINIMOOG never sells at just $350.00 , even in the Middle East . The is the first red flag . I seem to remember you saying that it was shipped back in February , it's been over a month , thats another red flag . I hope it works out , but go ahead and file the claim .

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/27/03 07:15 PM

ok 800DV I will go ahead and file a claim.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/27/03 07:53 PM

Incidently why would the Post office bother giveing a RR shipping number if they can't even track it. That would seem pointless.

BTW not to be negative or racsit, but the frist two times I went to the post office I dealt with a man both times and the both checked on line and said wait about thrity days. Today I talked to an Oriental woman and she did not bother to do anything just flat out told me that they could not track international mail. I don't know why she would not do anything I had the RR shipping number, but the other two gentle man were helpfull. Well that will teach me not too deal with her again. Let's just say this will be the last time I buy anything international and/or use the Post office (US Mail). Buy domesticlly and have the items shipped UPS. At least these people are willing to help and they even give you a tracking number automaticlly, and insure items up to $100.00.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/28/03 09:11 AM

The biggest question is , what does the person you bought it from have to say . Will they send you a copy of their receipt ? Fax it ? scan it , then send it to you're email ? Give you the number of the post office that he sent it through so you can check that number there and to verify that such a package was sent ?

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/28/03 10:23 AM

well I eamiled him yesterday to tell him that I would have too file a claim for lost mail. But have not gotten a response back yet. I asked him if he insured it as well. I don't know if he has checked with his post office yet? I could ask though. He did have a high feedback rateing on ebay, and I did not think there would be any problems. I'll give it till Monday and then go and file a PS Form 1510 Mail Loss Rifiling Report.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/29/03 03:36 PM

Bad news guys! I went to the post office today and unfortuneatly I cannot file a claim in order to find out where my Minimoog is. Apprently with international registered mail the Post office is unable to track it. Something about the package being non-exsitent. They told me the best thing to do was to contact the gentlemen in Israel and see if his post office can trace it. The other possibility is that it is tied up in customs. Which with the war in Iraq going on this may take longer. Or lastly see If I can get my money back. First I will see if his post office can find it, then wait just one more business day and lastly see if I can get my money back. Though I really don't know if he will do that. If not them I am really screwed. Out a minimoog and $350.00.
Posted by: MRT1212

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 03/29/03 04:33 PM

i know some people in israel that can rough this mother****er up for you.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/01/03 05:17 PM

Minimoog Update! Well still no minimoog. I was able to get a hold of the gentelmen who sold it to me. He siad he was sorry that I had not recevied it yet. Unfortunetly he can do anything becuse he had to leave Isreal for a while due too Saddam's threat towards Isreal. But he said he would try once he got back.

Personally I think it might just be tied up in customs and with this War in Iraq it may take a little longer to get here. I don't know how long it is sitting in customs anyways. I did manage to talk to someone at my local post office and they said that I can not file a claim for it becuse it is register mail and is international. Which also means a record of it does not exist in their system. They told me that it is most likely tied up in customs. I'm surrpirsed no one in the US customs has tried to contact me! Well I'll just keep waiting and let you know.
Posted by: Cloakboy

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/01/03 05:30 PM

Saddam Hussein has stolen your minimoog. If he gets it to Osama Bin Laden, then the terrists win.

Are you a bad enough dude to save the President?

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/01/03 06:03 PM

What would Osma Bin Laden do with a Minimoog synthesizer?

No I am not bad cloakboy. I did not vote for our President.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/01/03 08:05 PM

If they got your minimoog, they can only look at it. They can't play it at all. Hopefully they won't try to because they will blow up the transformer the moment they plug it in. They don't run the same voltage as we do.
FeO2 + O3
Iron Oxide plus Ozone. It's that unmistakable smell when you plug something in and know for sure that something went wrong.
MORPH
PS Do not take hits off of a smoking transformer.
1.) It is leathally toxic.
2.) It wont get you high either.
3.) Just don't. You will be known to have died for a reason more stupid than Sonny Bono's.
Posted by: Cloakboy

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/01/03 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Morphamatik:
2.) It wont get you high either.

Why do I get the impression you know this from experiance, morph?

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/02/03 12:30 PM

Just out of idle couriosity, does anyone know how long a packgaes takes to get through customs? I mean my minimoog was mailed on Feb. 12th and it is now April 2nd. This should have long enough time for my minimoog to get here. I would like too know if it is just sitting around or what?

Just in case if anyone knows?

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/02/03 01:01 PM

Hi Paul, I have had some experiene with customs. I sent my memorymoog to Germany to have the Lintronics mod done to it and it came back on 9/11. Customs lost it and I had to do some proactive stuff to avoid it being shipped back to Germany. But I had a lot of numbers etc., to help.
The Israel transaction was discussed on the analogue mail list some time ago. I don't know if you are the guy that initiated the discussion or if you are the next guy this person went on to, but my recollection of the discussion was that the sellers price, his unwillingness to accomodate the buyer and his unwillingness to enter into escrow led folks to conclude it was a scam. My view is that they are probably right although I hope not. However, all my prevoius customs hassles were 10 days at the most.
Regarding the Voyager it is far more than a minimoog. It has 2 modulation buses that allow for many modulation sources and destination routings--some on the panel and some through the OS. It also has very many cv and gate ins allowing for additional control voltage modulation of many destinations. I have been using mine as a modular (with the aid of a moogerfooger cp 251 control processor) and it sounds fantastic--sort of like getting a new moog modular. And I don't have to tell you what those cost. So while I agree with many of the posters here that later moog products from the original company were overrated (after Bob left in 1978 particularly) this Voyager has beeen marvelous and I have no complaints about the value. Someone who bought it just for leads and basses might, but even then its a quality deal, I think.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/02/03 08:35 PM

well the Minimoog voayger is great, but not enough for me too want to spend $2,000.00 on it. No, mine was not a scam this guy is legit, since I got it off of ebay. Checked is feedback rating very high very positve.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/03/03 08:42 PM

well guys I have to assume the worst that I will not be getting my minimoog after all. It's been over a month and a half since the guy mailed it and still nothing. The post office cannot track it, and I have run out of options. I guess it just got lost in the mail. Well If I hear back from the gentle man I will try and see if I can get my money back. He has no recpit or record so I guess I won't get it. Well maybe just one last day.

I think it's just stupid the the USPS cannot track international registerd mail. That's our government at work for you.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/03/03 09:18 PM

Next time, stick to your local pawn shops or
classified ads

just goes to show you that Globalization SUX

new world order my ass

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/03/03 09:18 PM

That's an honest negative there Cloakboy. After living in an art colony in a blanketed musician's culture for so many decades, you get to see people do some pretty stupid things, so I don't put anything past anybody without a warning if I feel it's warranted. Even back east when I was in High School Chemistry class a real long long time ago I guess I was the only one who saw this classmate taking a snort off of this bottle of gas. He lunged back about 6 feet and dropped. I barely caught him and gave mouth to mouth (ick). I even felt the oxygen displacement while I tried to revive him. People said he looked dead and I was turning purple and grey like he first did. I didn't stop and he began to revive after 25 seconds or so of vigorus resussitation. As he layed there on the floor breathing on his own, I told him he was an idiot. Oh the gas by the way was NH4 (Ammonia) which will suck every molecule of oxygen out of you if you breathe one deep enough breath. Just about any oxide radical will. Ozone on the other hand is extremely deadly. To my understanding, it can kill you in seconds while the body is hardly noticing that something is wrong when something drastic is happening. All your Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide is converted into Carbon Monoxide. If you had a bottle of Oxygen running, it would still take a miracle to survive that without some major damage occur.
Pretty wild huh!? It can happen in the blink of an eye.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/03/03 09:27 PM

Paragraphs Morph,

Paragraphs

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/03/03 10:53 PM

well he had the correct address, and said he would update me as to where it is.

Morph I almost understood that? (trying to understand it's relavence?)

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/03/03 11:08 PM

Holding dignity, I will have to apologize to you Soft Machine. I will not edit my 15 line post to put two spaces with indentions in it. It's purpose was not centered to meet the satisfaction of your critique. It was merely a reply to someone else, and trailered an informative message.
I stopped and thought first, but it is still possible that I might be a bit over sensitive about this, as recently (although not mentioned until now), I have fallen quite ill and thought I would find it enjoyable in recovery to pass some time on the board with friends at the synthzone. Within this time, I've already accepted a demote and pledged efforts to improve.
Attention gets brought to me during a vulnerable time. Why in skeptic grade of my flaws? If you are looking for flaws, I say you have come to the right place. I'm human and have many.
I've never known a human(except for -tek LOL )with none.
Written flaws aren't intentional, but they bear a signature of the author. Music especially has that quality, and can be summed up as an overall style.
I didn't think I was writing a thesis here, I thought I was writing friends.
It is late. This night has made me weary to rest, so I'm shutting down my computer and doing just that. With or without flaw, I surrender my efforts to contribute for today.
Good faith always looks forward toward better tomorrows.
Lastly, I can say that I have good faith in all who come here.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/03/03 11:12 PM

well the Pawn shops in my area do not carry too many synths, and if they do they are usually high priced. Also not many people sell synths in the classifeds in my hometown.

I should have spent a little extra money and had him ship it UPS at least they give you a tracking number automaticlly. I have learnd ont thing never ship via the USPS mail. And If you buy something form overseas spend the extra money to have it shipped UPS, FEDEX or even DHL or Airborne Express. I better off buying stuff only in the USA.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/11/03 12:54 AM

Well did you end up getting it or is it lost forever ??

Just curious ...

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/11/03 07:05 AM

Hi Nigel, well a co-worker of mine has a friend who works for the Post office and he told my co-worker who told be there are two possibilites. One being that it may have been stolen. My co-workers post office friend that mail out of Israel sometimes winds up being stolen. Or the other possibility is that is may show up here soon. Sometimes it take 8-10 weeks. Which by a strange conencidence this is week number eight. If it's not here by next Wednesday. The I am going to assume it's lost for ever or been stolen, and sold on the Black Market.

Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here. - 04/12/03 07:06 PM

I am giving up all hope of ever getting my mininmoog.