SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#54708 - 06/07/03 05:12 PM vocal harmonizer
santa 1 Offline

Loc: stuart, fl - usa
WOW, I didn't expect all the replies. I have used the VHM-1 Digitech for about ten years now and it is a superior device. I of course have to connect it to the midi out of the keyboard(s) to the midi in of the Digitech, and run left and right cables out to my mixer/amp. The microphone also must be connected to the Digitech. I have a Midi Solutions midi merge box which allows me to connect my KN1000 and 2000 so that I can sing harmonies from chords played on either board. I also have a footswitch which allows me to by-pass the harmonizer and just use the mic direct or footswitch it to harmony. The footswitch also allows me to set the Digitech to the desired harmony I want to use, i.e. 3 part, 4 part or even 5 part. You can place your own voice below or above other voices and do other effects if you feel you need them. So, I will keep my Digitech if I buy the 7000, but I will certainly try the onboard capabillites of the 7000. I also do lots of sequenced accompanyments and have found a way to send a control message to the Digitech which will turn it off and on and select the desired harmony. I am sure this can be done with the 7000 as well and perhaps in a much easier way to program the control message.

#54709 - 06/08/03 03:41 AM Re: vocal harmonizer
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I use the same set up---can you imagine having that all in your keyboard. Hmmmmm!!
Dreams, John C.

#54710 - 06/08/03 08:13 PM Re: vocal harmonizer
santa 1 Offline

Loc: stuart, fl - usa
that is why I was so interested in the KN70000 vocal harmonizer. One less piece to connect, fewer cables, etc. time and energy saving. glad to know you are in West Palm Bech as I am just up the coast in Stuart, Jensen Beach area.

#54711 - 06/09/03 01:27 AM Re: vocal harmonizer

glad to know you are in West Palm Bech as I am just up the coast in Stuart, Jensen Beach area.

Let's get together, meeting with another player sounds like a great idea.
I have had no success using the KN6000, KN6500, or the KN7000 to add harmony to my voice. The reverb is accepttable, and some of the effects are useable. I do like my voice coming from the keyboard's speakers, so my mic goes into the Makie mixer, out on a seperate chanel into the mike imput of the keyboard. This does not make me very happy. I almost bought the Yamaha Tyros for this reason----Gald I didn't, but---if the next Technics keyboard does not improve the mic set up, I might just break a long term relationship with Technics.
My theory is that people relate to a good sounding keyboard, but---they do relate to and understand a voice more. Years ago when I had my band I would play a nice solo, people smiled and enjoyed. Then I would sing a song and they would applaud. I wish it were different because I love to play. At home 95% of what I do is instumemtal.
Let's get in touch. John C.

#54712 - 06/09/03 02:01 AM Re: vocal harmonizer

Santa 1, I do not enjoy singing some of the contemporary music. I am now 71 and I find my lips getting thinner, my ears are getting bigger, and my voice is sounding a heavier and deeper. Soooo, I use the exciter in the Mic/effects section of the keyboard to take about 20 years off my voice. It works pretty good. I sing the the 30's and 40's with my deep voice, then add the exciter for the other stuff. Sorry to call it stuff, But--------Hmmm OK

Enjoy this day, John C.

#54713 - 06/09/03 12:12 PM Re: vocal harmonizer
Anonymous
Unregistered

The east coast of Florida is well represented in this Forum. Melbourne, Palm Bay, Stuart and West Palm.

Fran in Florida

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online