WOW, I didn't expect all the replies. I have used the VHM-1 Digitech for about ten years now and it is a superior device. I of course have to connect it to the midi out of the keyboard(s) to the midi in of the Digitech, and run left and right cables out to my mixer/amp. The microphone also must be connected to the Digitech. I have a Midi Solutions midi merge box which allows me to connect my KN1000 and 2000 so that I can sing harmonies from chords played on either board. I also have a footswitch which allows me to by-pass the harmonizer and just use the mic direct or footswitch it to harmony. The footswitch also allows me to set the Digitech to the desired harmony I want to use, i.e. 3 part, 4 part or even 5 part. You can place your own voice below or above other voices and do other effects if you feel you need them. So, I will keep my Digitech if I buy the 7000, but I will certainly try the onboard capabillites of the 7000. I also do lots of sequenced accompanyments and have found a way to send a control message to the Digitech which will turn it off and on and select the desired harmony. I am sure this can be done with the 7000 as well and perhaps in a much easier way to program the control message.