SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#50442 - 06/04/02 08:45 AM hey bebop! important
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
hi Bill. Listen,,, About your virus prob. Mcaffe abosolutly xxxxx! I had that. Take my advice and get Nortons! I got 2 viruses when I had mcaffe. They are always so darn late to have updates and miss many of them. When I cleaned my pc of virus with it and still had problems I got nortons and ran that. Nortons found 257 infected files that mcaffe missed! 257! I am not kidding you man. mcaffe is the worst and I have had nortons for 3 years without a problem. I also have know people with mcaffe to get viruses. On many occassions I have seen this. I don't know how mcaffe even stays in business because they absolutle xxxx! Just a warning to you. Get Nortons and you wont be sorry. You see,,,, even after getting the virus mcaffe should have cleaned it. I update nortons less than once a month but they are so far ahead of things that I never got a virus. Of corse nortons has detected them a few times before it was accessed. it checks my email automatically as it is downloading and so I never have any surprises. It is excellent!
Tony

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 06-04-2002).]

#50443 - 06/04/02 09:44 AM Re: hey bebop! important
Lanny Offline

Loc: Placitas, NM USA
BEBOP
Can't speak about any other software, but Norton did find and isolate that same virus on my machine about 3 weeks ago. It appears to me I lost nothing.
Lanny

#50444 - 06/04/02 10:44 AM Re: hey bebop! important
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Hey Sparky, if you need descriptive words why don't you use a dictionary to find something besides cuss words? This has been a clean forum so far, so that must be the way the majority likes it. I, for one, would leave this forum in an instant if people start resorting to using cuss words in their posts. It bothers me and I'm sure it bothers others too, since we are slightly more advanced than chat-room groupies.

#50445 - 06/04/02 10:49 AM Re: hey bebop! important
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Pardon my ignorance, but do you only get virus infected on opening an attachment or can it be infected from a plain email?
Can you pick up a virus from a web site?
Can a hacker get into your site and infect it?

Peter

PS Agree with you Bud.

#50446 - 06/04/02 11:06 AM Re: hey bebop! important
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Peter, you can pick up a virus from email by opening attachments, but not by reading the message. It used to be that a web site was safe, but they are finding out that nasty operaters and hackers can attack your computer from a website and totally mess things up for you. You should always have a firewall installed on your computer when you go out on the web. Windows XP has one built in, but others can buy a commercial product or use a free one, like ZoneAlarm, which is available at their website. Also, make sure your email provider scans any incoming mail for bugs, like Hotmail does.

#50447 - 06/04/02 11:12 AM Re: hey bebop! important
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks Bud.
The world is an even more dangerous place than I thought. Going for my firewall now!!

Peter

#50448 - 06/04/02 01:09 PM Re: hey bebop! important
Mike Harrison Offline

Loc: Oxford U.K.
Hi Bud
Im with you all the way on keeping the Forum Clean let's hope it was an over site on Sparky's part, I do agree with him on Norton though, I am running 2002 with XP and the firewall,so feel quite safe, but anything is possible I suppose.
Mike

#50449 - 06/04/02 03:20 PM Re: hey bebop! important
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
You are right Bud. I apologize. I was not real happy that Bebop got a virus and had to reformat. And not happy with mcaffe. I will not be cussing any more. But I didn't say really bad words now did I? hehe

#50450 - 06/04/02 06:57 PM Re: hey bebop! important
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
HI
I was not happy macaffee either, so i uninstalled it also, i am using AVG now ,by grysoft,it is free and updates are free, cought beebops virus about a month ago it removed ,no problems after that,www.GRISOFT .com,best regards,BENNO

#50451 - 06/04/02 07:00 PM Re: hey bebop! important
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Benno Kattenat:
HI
I was not happy with macaffee either, so i uninstalled it also, i am using AVG now ,by grysoft,it is free and updates are free, cought beebops virus about a month ago it removed it ,no problems after that,www.GRISOFT .com,best regards,BENNO

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online