SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#494073 - 04/10/20 09:46 AM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: leeboy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By leeboy
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.....But:
1)Any organ I would currently be interested in is WAY to expensive.

2) A cluggy setup is not what I want, been there done that....Varranger, spent lots of $$...all I did is program and play with the tech side, very little music was played.

3) VERY FEW of today's organs have the quality of sound as, a TOTL arranger. or even a MOTL.

4) would not want a module. Tried that...MIDI controller kbds just are not setup for it, they are setup for PC music applications.

5) You can use arranger styles fine with organ playing...you just have to cut out a lot of the channels...the busy stuff that for me is too much anyways (OK if your going to sing, not do orchestral stuff) get down to basics.

6) Sure would not want to be limited to a Hammond

7) Doing a double midi setup with a PC , NO way....all you do is tech stuff....content is not there, just sounds.

Probably a Yamaha ELS-02C would be great, but, too expensive and NO warranty or support. (Thanks Yamaha, for nothing!)

So, a nice arranger, with lower and maybe pedalboard is as close as one can get today considering everything mentioned...TRX or the like is going to have to be it...

When you play an arranger the normal way we do, you are pretty much playing an organ without pedals (that is added automatically for you)...it's just that the 2 keyboards are one.

In that case, get a used 76er keyboard... that can be set to send midi out all keyboard on a single channel... choose for quallity keybed above all..

And then use V-console to turn it intoo a fully functional 2 manual Genos Organ..
Its that simple and gives you the best...

As said, no programming, just use whats allready in the Genos and expand it..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#494080 - 04/10/20 10:07 AM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: Dnj]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
Originally Posted By Dnj
Nice setup good luck
....but< that SINGLE brace X stand worries me eek2

i'm using a table stand now with pedals

Attachments
IMG_1192.JPG (53 downloads)

#494084 - 04/10/20 10:50 AM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: wrinkles303]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By wrinkles303
Originally Posted By Dnj
Nice setup good luck
....but< that SINGLE brace X stand worries me eek2

i'm using a table stand now with pedals

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!

looks great ...good luck and stay safe

Attachments
IMG_1777192.JPG

Edited by Dnj (04/10/20 10:52 AM)

#494090 - 04/10/20 11:10 AM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Thats exactly what i am trying to get rid off..

The huge gap between lower and upper keyboard...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#494097 - 04/10/20 11:30 AM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: Dnj]
wrinkles303 Offline

yep i hate it too. thats why i built the other setup. now im using just the pa600 and a set of bass pedals. (for today). easy to switch back.

#494127 - 04/10/20 01:46 PM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have always hated the distance between my boards with a double setup. After a dozen or so over the years,I finally found these:

https://www.quiklok.com/product/qlx-3-second-tier-add-on/

The base is adjustable,fitting over most tube diameters. I use this on my On-Stage X stand. The hight is adjustable to just clearing the bottom keyboard,or two higher.
I wish I could attach it on my table stand.

#494129 - 04/10/20 02:02 PM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: wrinkles303]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By wrinkles303
here's what i'm using.

Hi Wrinkles ,
except for the stand you’re using, the idea seems to work, both keyboards are probably as close as you can get to each other.

If I didn’t already have a stand for my p121 piano, some sort of a table for the bottom keyboard then a platform for the second, similar to what is in your photo of your first setup, would be something I’d try and do.

I used to use 2 keyboard stands at different heights ,and it sort of worked, but with the piano stand and trying to put a keyboard stand behind it, just didn’t work.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#494136 - 04/10/20 03:30 PM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: rikkisbears]
gambler Offline

This is my Genos set up with NP31. You can just make out my Roland PK9 pedals at the bottom. It's all linked through a V console.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sbrUz6eUces4T4LwwsQRm-VDUQz-GpvL/view?usp=sharing

#494139 - 04/10/20 04:06 PM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: gambler]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By gambler
This is my Genos set up with NP31. You can just make out my Roland PK9 pedals at the bottom. It's all linked through a V console.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sbrUz6eUces4T4LwwsQRm-VDUQz-GpvL/view?usp=sharing

Hi Gambler,
Very nice setup for those who play organ.

Personally I don’t, I just have my p121 piano with sx stacked above, but I still like to have them close as possible so that I can reach sx buttons if I need to.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#494140 - 04/10/20 04:23 PM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: Dnj]
wrinkles303 Offline

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DMC122--gsi-dmc-122-dual-manual-keyboard-controller

for those looking for a duo keyboard controller that can be what ever you want it to be . i considered this but then im getting back into more programming less real playing with this. being an organist this would work for me. but for a few hundred more i could get the real thing. then i have to deal with an arranger. sometimes i wonder if i should stay just a single keyboard and quit over thinking my options and just play, afterall im not playing on stage anymore.

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online