SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#49363 - 12/16/03 01:32 PM KN7000 - Last Technics Keyboard ??????
pratzert Offline

Loc: Kingsville, Maryland. USA
Hi everyone! I just recvd a "sales" email from Neil Blake of the "Style Disk Warehouse" with an very strange and disturbing message. I Quote

(Sadly, with the KN7000 probably being the very last high-range keyboard Technics produce, you're going to need all the new software you can get to keep your interest in this superb model when you get fed up of the onboard patterns)

What the heck is this all about ???

Anyone know anything about it??

#49364 - 12/16/03 02:03 PM Re: KN7000 - Last Technics Keyboard ??????
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Those rumours have been going for some time now,
but if it's true remain to see.
There are maybe more to it this time than before,
so Neil may as well be right.
If so, very, very, VERY SAD .........
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#49365 - 12/16/03 02:44 PM Re: KN7000 - Last Technics Keyboard ??????
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I just got the email too. I suppose if there's any truth to it ( and haven't misunderstood something), we'll have to start creating our own styles. Heck, they've certainly given us the onboard tools to do it.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Guys
have I missed something??? has there been suggestions or rumors that the kn7 might be the last KN produced??

Would certainly make my hubby a happy man.

Where exactly did you read this?

Not that I think I would be dashing out to replace my kn7 anyway.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#49366 - 12/16/03 03:57 PM Re: KN7000 - Last Technics Keyboard ??????
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I've just come back home from playing at a gig and read the same email !!
I find it difficult to believe
What does Neil know that others don't ??

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#49367 - 12/17/03 12:10 AM Re: KN7000 - Last Technics Keyboard ??????
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
I read this notice with dismay

I agree with Gunner Johnny - it is very very very sad.

I console myself with the fact that my KN7 still fulfills all my present needs and another make etc., would have to be SUPER SUPER SUPER to tempt me to part with it.

What a dismal start to the day - Joan

#49368 - 12/17/03 01:58 AM Re: KN7000 - Last Technics Keyboard ??????
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
I got the email to. Maybe it's a marketing response trick from Neil to find out how many read his emails??? And it works, see all the reactions.
rgds.
Willem

#49369 - 12/17/03 03:48 AM Re: KN7000 - Last Technics Keyboard ??????
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a different perspective to offer you. There WILL be a successor to the KN7000 and it WILL have new features that likely will make it attractive to buyers. Do I have inside information? No! But my common sense tells me that the obvious success of the KN7000 is enough incentive and justification for Panasonic to continue producing arranger keyboards for the foreseeable future. So take heart my friends. Trust me and get ready for the launch of a new flagship keyboard sometime in late 2004 or early 2005 - if not sooner. Panasonic is in the business of making money and their flagship keyboards are money makers.

As for Neil Blake's comment, I, too, received his e-mail and I feel the same as you, Willem. It could well be a marketing ploy. And anyway, even if Panasonic does not produce another arranger keyboard, Neil Blake will have plenty of incentive to continue offering styles, so the absence of a new keyboard is immaterial.

As for me, if a new keyboard is not forthcoming I'll just go out and buy a KN7000 and be happy. Simple!

Chuck

#49370 - 12/17/03 11:26 AM Re: KN7000 - Last Technics Keyboard ??????
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I have no knowledge that the above stated rumours are true but.....
In the UK the whole of Technics Music Instrument department consists of just a few personnel.
Considering the large size of the Panasonic Company overall the Keyboard side is such a small % of their business that it could be dispensed with completely without it having any major effect on Panasonics financial turnover.

Graham UK

#49371 - 12/17/03 01:04 PM Re: KN7000 - Last Technics Keyboard ??????
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
actually Technics keyboards are kind of unique. Yamaha, Korg, Roland all have a large variety of proffessional musical instruments including synths, workstations , recording equipment etc etc whereas Technics ( as such )is limited to piano's & keyboards.
Most people would probably associate Panasonic more with Tv's , video recorders, stereo's etc etc etc.

Noticed something interesting on the main synthzone forum yesterday. Yamaha is bringing out a new keyboard ( PSR 3000) It's niche is somewhere in between the PSR 2100 (Yamaha's kn26 equivalent)and the Tyros ( Yamaha's kn7 equivalent). ie it's going to have 128 note polyphony compared to the cheaper psr2100's 64 note, plus a number of other goodies, but it's not going to have the Tyros's hefty price tag.
What I'm getting at is maybe we're going get a new generation of keyboards. Something in between the kn26 and the kn7. Maybe some of the top end arrangers were getting too expensive and there was too bigger gap between it and the next model down( not only in price , but in features.

Time will tell.

I must admit I'd be loathe to trade my kn7 for a less expensive kn unless it still had all the features and quality of the kn7.

In some ways I was dreading when D Day arrived, and the newest flagship of the range was unveiled, and then seeing our happy little kn7 group split up because some of us would upgrade and some wouldn't.
Strange how times have changed for me since discovering Synthzone, when I look back, and remember how eagerly I used to look forward to each new generation of kn keyboard.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Graham UK:
[B]I have no knowledge that the above stated rumours are true but.....

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#49372 - 12/17/03 02:07 PM Re: KN7000 - Last Technics Keyboard ??????
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Here's a thought for you.

At our Keyboard Club we have owners of Casio, Yamaha and of course Technics. During the past three years keyboards from Casio and Yamaha are noticeably becoming more and more like Technics keyboards with the latest having almost identical design, layout etc. Are other manufacturers just following Technics lead or,in view of the fact that Technics instruments can now handle many more manufacturers software/disks
is a merge likely? Makes you think doesn't it?

Aud

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online