SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#49795 - 01/03/04 08:13 PM Loving my KN7000
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I posted this on the arranger forum in error the end of December. It was suggested that I post it here also.

After three months of working with two fantastic keyboards, the Yamaha Tyros and the Kn7000, My love for the KN7000 has returned. There are some fantastic features on the Tyros, at a later time I would like to offer them as suggestions for the coming new Technics models, but in no way would I want to start any type of debate.
Exploring another keyboard has made me more creative on my Technics. It has made me appreciate what my KN7000 can do, how it sounds---I feel like I'm playing the actual instruments myself, they sound real. For a while the many features of the Tyros captured me, it operates like a computer, it is advanced in it's operation.--But when I came back to playing MUSIC, and put aside all the glitter, The KN7 is the keyboard that I enjoy the most.
I do respect the different needs other keyboard players have, So please keep in mind that I am talking about my opinions.
For me, I have decided to add just a few midi files, just a few, then add some new styles, and then just play, and play, and enjoy music.
Wow, it's 5 AM, must go. Thanks for listening, John C.--Have a fantastic Christmas and New Year---those that are playing New Years jobs, good luck, play your hearts out.
Wow--Wow, I am getting old----I am sorry, this post was meant for the Technics forum. I guess that's what I get for owning 2 keyboards and writing in the wee hours of the morning.
I feel having different views on the same subject can't hurt.

Home again, John C.

#49796 - 01/03/04 11:04 PM Re: Loving my KN7000
Mark And Michelle Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, Essex, U K
You're quite right. A family friend who sold us his KN6000 now has a Tyros. I've had the chance to try it on more than a few occasions. It has made me appreciate not only the capabilities of the 6000 but also the simplicity of it's operation. Looking at the Tyros, there are just too many damned keys and they don't appear to have been arranged in an particular order. You only have to look at the instruction manual, lord it's three times at thick.

No, I think the best advice is stay with Technics. If for no other reason, I'd prefer to spend 30 minutes setting up the KN for a performance rather than 90+ on the Tyros.

Regards,

Mark

#49797 - 01/04/04 03:03 AM Re: Loving my KN7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Amen to the above comments - I also own a KN7000 and a Tyros - but not for much longer..... The Tyros has a few good sounds and styles but the operating system is just so damned unfriendly, compared to the KN7000. Sequence and style editing ? Forget it

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#49798 - 01/04/04 01:34 PM Re: Loving my KN7000
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Willum,
that's a pity.
Being a former Yamaha owner ( 9000pro) I also tend to agree that the psr's operating system isn't quite as user friendly as the Technics and as for their sequence & style editing functions, they aren't a patch on the kn7's.

I suppose it depends on how much you really like the Tyros and whether or not you feel it's worth the time & effort to learn it's operating system. I remember i had quite a few hassles with the pro, mainly because of a poor user manual.

I've got the same problem with a VA7. Complicated operating system (that the prior Rolands didn't have) I just plain haven't had the enthusiasm to learn how to use it properly.
Haven't tried to sell it yet, just in case I may regret it later. Difference is I picked it up VA7 for a very reasonable price secondhand, so I doubt I would lose money even if I kept it for another year, wheras if I'd bought it new and didn't like it, I'd have tried to sell it asap so as not to lose too much money . I kept my 9000pro too long, and lost a heap.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Amen to the above comments - I also own a KN7000 and a Tyros - but not for much longer..... The Tyros has a few good sounds and styles but the operating system is just so damned unfriendly, compared to the KN7000. Sequence and style editing ? Forget it

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#49799 - 01/05/04 12:22 AM Re: Loving my KN7000

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
[B]Amen to the above comments - I also own a KN7000 and a Tyros - but not for much longer..... The Tyros has a few good sounds and styles but the operating system is just so damned unfriendly, compared to the KN7000. Sequence and style editing ? Forget it
Hi Willum,
It was still worth the trip spending time with something new. This business of keyboards is exciting. Your mind keeps active, and it no more expensive than golf or some of the other hobbies. What else would I do with my time? Yes, the trip was good.
Take good care, John C. Now back to KN7

#49800 - 01/05/04 12:23 AM Re: Loving my KN7000

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
[B]Amen to the above comments - I also own a KN7000 and a Tyros - but not for much longer..... The Tyros has a few good sounds and styles but the operating system is just so damned unfriendly, compared to the KN7000. Sequence and style editing ? Forget it
Hi Willum,
It was still worth the trip spending time with something new. This business of keyboards is exciting. Your mind keeps active, and it no more expensive than golf or some of the other hobbies. What else would I do with my time? Yes, the trip was good.
Take good care, John C. Now back to KN7

#49801 - 01/06/04 02:50 PM Re: Loving my KN7000
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
There is one major disadvantage I like totell about Tyros. Not that I have one. But I got it as inside information: the hardware of the Tyros is toy-stuff. Button break out, the prints and cables inside.... it all cannot be compared with the KN7000, with is much more rugged, has a better keyboard. By the way see the website of my keyboard retailer, who offers such great customer support and help:
http://www.keyboard-centrum.nl

I built this website and webmaster it as appreciation

Regards, Fred

#49802 - 01/06/04 04:33 PM Re: Loving my KN7000
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Fred,
It is a very nice web site. I wish I could translate it to English. Normally a right click > Translate will do the trick. However a right click on your site gives a copyright notice.

------------------
Larry Hawk
Technics For All

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#49803 - 01/06/04 07:48 PM Re: Loving my KN7000

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fmlk4u:
[B]There is one major disadvantage I like totell about Tyros. Not that I have one.

I come to the aid of the Yamaha Tyros. "Don't knock it until you try it".
This instrument has some very desirable features I would like to see on my KN7000.

Comparson A.
1-My Kn7000
2-My external volcalizer
3-My Mackie mixer
4-My Mic
5-My amp.
Now I play and sing.

Comparson B.
1-My Tyros
2-My mic
3-My amp.
Now I play and sing, but I left the mixer and volcalizer home.
The Tyros not only gives me a volz. it also gives me the ability to EQ my mic, my keyboard and more. There is no need for a mixer. And just think of all the wires I do not have to use, there are about five or six of them. Life (the job) just got easier.

Then should I own/use the Tyros keyboard? No!! I love my Kn7000, I just want the company to think about these possible additions, Yamaha has!

IMHO, John C.

#49804 - 01/07/04 05:59 AM Re: Loving my KN7000
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Larry,

I tried that site too and got the same thing using a Right Click. If I press both buttons at the same time the menu come up with Translate on it. However, because the pages must be active server pages and not true HTML they will not translate.

Heather

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online