SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#51634 - 01/05/04 05:30 AM SD Audio PC Writing Kit SZ-CB7 Software Update?
trainer Offline

Loc: Bockenem, Germany
Hi to all, I am a new owner of a technics KN 2600 and this is my 1st Keyboard. After a few days it is summery a great! My English ist not as perfect I wish, but I hope on your help. I am looking for Update to the above SZ-CB7 Software SD-Jukebox V2.4 but I can't find it on the www. Is there anyone who can help me with a link?
Thanks a lot in advance.

#51635 - 01/05/04 06:06 AM Re: SD Audio PC Writing Kit SZ-CB7 Software Update?
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
trainer,

As far as I know there is no update, because in my opinion, there is no need. My software works fine, and I have not heard of any glitches from others.

Do you have a specific problem with Jukebox?

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#51636 - 01/05/04 07:25 AM Re: SD Audio PC Writing Kit SZ-CB7 Software Update?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI Trainer,
welcome to the Technics Forum with your new KN 2600. You are in the right place to learn anything you don't already know.
I don't know of any updates to the jukebox software.
Does anybody have any info on this?
Best to you,
Bebop

#51637 - 01/05/04 01:23 PM Re: SD Audio PC Writing Kit SZ-CB7 Software Update?
aprilla Offline

Loc: Ireland
I'm also a new KN2600 owner, with limited experience. I don't have the Card Reader or Jukebox and am wondering what it would 'do' for me? So far I've been able to use the Song Manager with USB connection, mostly because it knows what to do itself, what does the Card Reader/Jukebox do that the Song Manager doesn't?

#51638 - 01/05/04 02:18 PM Re: SD Audio PC Writing Kit SZ-CB7 Software Update?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Mary,
it allows you to add audio tracks ( mp3's etc) to your sd card for playback in your kn.

ONE of the ways I used to use it was to record backing sequences created on my psr as an audio file ( mp3) instead of as a midifile. Reason for mp3 versus midifile, was that it saved me a lot of time converting xg sounds to nx or gm sounds and tweaking volumes so that it would sound good in the kn7. To me, the backing sequences always sounded better when played on the instrument they were created on.
I used to record it as a wav file, convert it to mp3 and save it to sd card using the Panasonic Pc Sd Audio Writing Kit.
( consists of sd card reader/writer & jukebox software.)
Then I use to play the mp3 backing track ( using psr sounds) while I played the melody part using the kn7 voices.

There are many other uses for audio files apart from what I used to use them for.

The SD card reader that comes with the Panasonic pack can also be used for faster backing up of your sd card to computer. On the kn7 it's much faster using the card reader than it is doing it via USB.

If you're not actually interested in audio functions, any sd card reader will back up your normal kn files to computer, but for Audio you need the Panasonic Kit.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by aprilla:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#51639 - 01/05/04 02:20 PM Re: SD Audio PC Writing Kit SZ-CB7 Software Update?
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
aprilla,

Jukebox allows you to convert mp3's to a format that your KN2600 can reconize, and save it to your SD Card on the KN2600 . In other words with Jukebox, you can have, say, Frank Sinatra singing from your KN2600 speakers.

Then with a little more understanding of Jukebox, you can do many things..one would be to save that Frankie to your SD Card , then add yourself playing the keyboard with him, save, and walah !... it's the "Frankie and aprilla show". The possiblities are endless.

Maybe other members would like to comment on these possiblities.

------------------
Larry Hawk
Technics For All

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#51640 - 01/05/04 03:25 PM Re: SD Audio PC Writing Kit SZ-CB7 Software Update?
aprilla Offline

Excellent!! I'm familiar with mp3s and wavs and this sounds like I would enjoy it very much the possibilities sound endless - but not yet (not yet, repeat, not yet) the first plan of action is to become acquainted with the KN2600 itself and actually play something from start to finish! I'm still at the getting sidetracked stage.

p.s. can't carry a note but I'll be singing with Cat Stevens I think (but not yet, not quite yet)

#51641 - 01/05/04 04:49 PM Re: SD Audio PC Writing Kit SZ-CB7 Software Update?
trainer Offline

Loc: Bockenem, Germany
Hi together,
thank you all a lot for your comments and descriptions of using the SD Card Kit. It works fine with the SD-Jukebox Software Version 2.4 and so far I didn't need any updates. And now I have to spend a lot of time to learn English to understand my English Manual ( that is different between the KN 2600 and KN 2600EU from Thomann in Germany price difference 1299,-€ to 598,-€) depending on the missed German Manual!

#51642 - 01/06/04 02:41 AM Re: SD Audio PC Writing Kit SZ-CB7 Software Update?
aprilla Offline

Trainer I have the English manual, I speak English - and I still don't understand most of it!! Just letting you know cause your English seems pretty good, if there is something you don't understand in the manual it might not be because of a language difficulty....

#51643 - 01/06/04 02:54 AM Re: SD Audio PC Writing Kit SZ-CB7 Software Update?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Larry, I love your, "then add yourself playing the keyboard with him, save, and walah !... it's the "Frankie and aprilla show".

What a nice touch, John C.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online