Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Sounds really good. Nice work.

Bernie

#489993 - 02/23/20 01:51 AM Re: PSR styles vs Band in a box [Re: Sokratis 1974]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By Sokratis 1974
This is the advantage of a full Audio Style with melodic insturments and not just Audio Drums, and the simple poor and outdated midi styles... This is my opinion...
However with BIB we can not play real time chord changes with Real Tracks/Audio Tracks...
Yamaha has a proprietary patent for full Audio Styles (with melodic instruments) however she holds it for herself...
There is a try from me in this video for a Audio Style with Audio Drums (Rex files), Audio Percussions (Rex Files), and a chanel with Audio Guitar... Its a my private patent for more realism...
I hope in the future to released all this elements from Yamaha and more companies...

If you want audio styles get a Ketron as they have had them for donkey’s years, they were also one of the first to add audio drums (Wersi was the other) in around 2000.
Yamaha were really late to the party (And other manufactures haven’t bothered) and were not very successful, hence they were dropped on the Genos and new PSR range. (Although you can still play them on the new boards)
As to holding back, it’s more like they want to forget about it as they fell well short of the competition.
Keep up the good work though, as it nice to see someone thinking outside the box for a change.

Bill

#489994 - 02/23/20 02:22 AM Re: PSR styles vs Band in a box [Re: Bachus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bill,
unfortunately still no luck.
Think I’ll just stay with the GS sounds on the sx900 or go back to my soft synths.
Thank you.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#490002 - 02/23/20 06:24 AM Re: PSR styles vs Band in a box [Re: rikkisbears]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi Randy,
what are you using for the midi sounds, a soft synth or one of your keyboards.

Have had no luck using sx900, no matter what setting I try my midi drums default to piano sound, or violin. Tried XG setting.

Only mode I actually get drums is if I set I set biab to GS, and then I can’t access the rest of the sx900 sounds.

So hoping one of my settings might be incorrect.

Hi Rikki - sorry for the delay - I have not tried using MIDI on BIAB... I just rely on the RealTracks. Love those things. I have used the VSTs on occasion, but it's much simpler for me to just select everything from the RealTracks menus.

I do play a lot of MIDI files on the SX900 and they work great. I'm wondering if the PGMusic driver or specific Patch Map could have anything to do with it? Here is a link to the PG Patch Maps for various keyboards - do not see one specifically for SX900.

BIAB Patch Maps

I do not have BIAB configured yet to run w/the SX900 but will see if I can get a MIDI file to work... In the meantime, enjoy that SX900!

Edited by saxxman (02/23/20 06:25 AM)

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#490007 - 02/23/20 07:19 AM Re: PSR styles vs Band in a box [Re: abacus]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By abacus
This is the advantage of a full Audio Style with melodic insturments and not just Audio Drums, and the simple poor and outdated midi styles... This is my opinion...
However with BIB we can not play real time chord changes with Real Tracks/Audio Tracks...
Yamaha has a proprietary patent for full Audio Styles (with melodic instruments) however she holds it for herself...
There is a try from me in this video for a Audio Style with Audio Drums (Rex files), Audio Percussions (Rex Files), and a chanel with Audio Guitar... Its a my private patent for more realism...
I hope in the future to released all this elements from Yamaha and more companies...

If you want audio styles get a Ketron as they have had them for donkey’s years, they were also one of the first to add audio drums (Wersi was the other) in around 2000.
Yamaha were really late to the party (And other manufactures haven’t bothered) and were not very successful, hence they were dropped on the Genos and new PSR range. (Although you can still play them on the new boards)
As to holding back, it’s more like they want to forget about it as they fell well short of the competition.
Keep up the good work though, as it nice to see someone thinking outside the box for a change.

Bill

Dear Abacus,
I want to thank you for your kind and motivating words.
However .. I don't know if were aware, but I worked for Ketron for two years(New Audio Styles and Beta User) as well as working with my good friend AJ on AJamsonics Projects developing some new Audio Styles ..
Even today, my favorite is the Ketron Audya, and the Ketron Audya 5, which are still in my possession and I commonly make use of them in my work.
As you correctly stated, Ketron with Audya launched Audio Styles with great success, ever since 2007 for the first time at the Frankfurt Messe…
But ... Unfortunately, Ketron, apart from Audya, has never done anything more creative with Full Audio Styles, such as User Audio Guitars or Audio Melodic Parts so that anyone who is interested and able to create can further expand this beautiful musical, creative experience.

There are also a lot of obstacles with Ketron for a creator, and this is not related to Audio Styles, but to the very poor Sampler environment which even today the only thing we have (in SD9, SD60) is up to 3 Mono Multisamples Velocity layers, and Mono Drums Samples…
Yamaha on the other hand, although it has many creative limitations, nevertheless has a great sound engine that doesn't really restrict anything to do with Velocity Layers, or whether Samples are Mono or Stereo, though werecently discovered that there is a limited number of Samples even though Ram increased (to Genos), to 3giga with Version 2.0.
But this non-limiting property led me to discover many hidden secrets. It also led me to build some of my own Audio Guitars, (even from my favorite Audya), where there are some limitations.
At some point I'll upload a full demo with the Audio Guitars I've built ...
Here's just a small demo with Audya's Audio Guitar on Genos for my personal use.

Attachments
Audya Live Guitar on Genos.mp3 (20 downloads)

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (02/23/20 07:21 AM)

#490010 - 02/23/20 07:29 AM Re: PSR styles vs Band in a box [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Dnj Offline

Sokratis 1974 thanx for sharing your work...
I really enjoyed listening ...
well done.....
would it be possible to go back and add a Jazz Flute, or maybe an Acoustic Nylon guitar,
or Breathy Tenor Sax lead melody track over the top as I though it was just screaming for that......
anyway please keep sharing it certainly made my
morning wake up a happy one!! eek

take care

Edited by Dnj (02/23/20 07:31 AM)

#490011 - 02/23/20 07:34 AM Re: PSR styles vs Band in a box [Re: Dnj]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By Dnj
well done.....
would it be possible to go back and add a Jazz Flute, or maybe an Acoustic Nylon guitar,
or Breathy Tenor Sax lead melody track over the top as I though it was just screaming for that......

take care

You are right dear Dnj...
Maybe in a future demo!!..Its a informal demo... grin
Thank you very much!!..

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (02/23/20 07:34 AM)

#490012 - 02/23/20 07:38 AM Re: PSR styles vs Band in a box [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
well done.....

take care

You are right dear Dnj...
Maybe in a future demo!!..Its a informal demo... grin
Thank you very much!!..

Your very welcome ....just my opinion when listening....
shouldn't be difficult to add a lead melody tracks experiment
and have fun. keys

again Thank you for shearing your work..

#490069 - 02/23/20 03:49 PM Re: PSR styles vs Band in a box [Re: saxxman]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By saxxman

Hi Rikki - sorry for the delay - I have not tried using MIDI on BIAB... I just rely on the RealTracks. Love those things. I have used the VSTs on occasion, but it's much simpler for me to just select everything from the RealTracks menus.

I do play a lot of MIDI files on the SX900 and they work great. I'm wondering if the PGMusic driver or specific Patch Map could have anything to do with it? Here is a link to the PG Patch Maps for various keyboards - do not see one specifically for SX900.

BIAB Patch Maps

I do not have BIAB configured yet to run w/the SX900 but will see if I can get a MIDI file to work... In the meantime, enjoy that SX900!

Hi Randy,
for me at the moment it’s more of a case it being annoying that I couldn’t get it to work.
Actually have a patch map for the sx someone over on psr forum did one for cakewalk, and I converted it across to biab. Also tried a few of the other Yamaha ones as well. No luck.

I read somewhere that biab works best with GS , so may just stick with the GS sounds on the sx. In GS mode, drums, sounds work perfectly.

I have mine set up with soft synths also, idea behind that was , if I change keyboards, I don’t have to tweak the songs / styles again to suit a new keyboard.

Should stick to my initial plan. Haha.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online