SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#48934 - 11/04/04 05:38 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
RJB Offline

Loc: Auburn, N Y, U S
Fred-I'm one of those who are waiting for an update to the program so it can be used on my desktop WINME O.S. Right now it is useless. Hurry please. P.S.--works great on the notebook with XP, but that's not where I need it. Dick Bergin

#48935 - 11/04/04 07:13 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hello Dick,

Hurry is not the right word here. For the last weeks I haven been working every evening till after midnight, and my partner too. However AVAILBILITY is more the issue. How do we get a PC with WinME for testing and debugging. That is the hard job. We can only do our best.

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

#48936 - 11/04/04 07:25 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
RJB Offline

Loc: Auburn, N Y, U S
Thanks for the prompt reply Fred. Haste makes waste, so take your time and do a good job. I still have the laptop to work with and have been toying with upgrading the ME to XP, but then again, " if it ain't broke, don't fix it ". Dick B

#48937 - 11/09/04 03:11 PM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

Hello,

Some news:
1. At the moment we are working on version 1.10, which will be Win98 WinME compatible, have the bug fixed regarding alphabetical searching and having a progressbar during the Verify process when starting the KN-SDExplorer tool for a large SD Card, to make things more intuitive.

2. For your convenience and my ease I have started creating an FAQ site:

http://members.chello.nl/~f.mellink/FAQ.html

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

[This message has been edited by fmlk4u (edited 11-09-2004).]

#48938 - 11/12/04 11:59 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

Hello all,

So sorry to say, but the problems for Win98 compatibility are larger than expected. Microsoft has very bad documented the old OS's and don't given any support anymore. The problems are with the copy and move action. when a song is sent from source to target, target sends message to source: "received" However the files of the song are still underway." This results in corrupt SD Cards. So we need more time for it. We posted question on the MS developers forum. Hopefully we get help from somebody.
The other option is to release the 1.10 version as Windows 2000/XP update, but I wonder if that is wise....

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

#48939 - 11/16/04 11:27 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

WANTED: Windows 98/ME tester for our tool.

Hello,

We have made our KN-SDExplorer tool compatible with Windows 98 and ME, but with some remarks:
First of all the Win98 PC must have a SD Card reader properly connected so that the contents of an SD Card (PRIVATE\TECHNICS\KN7000...) is already visible via Windows Explorer.
Secondly the Copy and Move actions are not 100% secure, becasue of wierd timing problems. We seek solution for this via forums on the web. Microsoft's documentation is poor and inconsistent. So we got stuck a bit.

Now we seek somebody who has proper knowledge about PC usage, who is able to do some structured testing on Win98/ME and report results clearly. We developed in a VMWare Win98 environment and I hope the timing problems are due to this virtual machine. It is not likely, but we want to make sure. If you see it a challenge to do compatibility testing, let me know and we can discuss it further:
mailto:fmlk@chello.nl?Subject=Win98_testing_SDExplorer

THANKS

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

#48940 - 11/17/04 10:32 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

NOTE!!! NOTE!!! NOTE!!! NOTE!!!

For Payment is has become clear that for you and us PayPal is the cheapest solution. Direct bank transfer means 30% on bank fees. That is ridiculous!!!

However I hope to have made it easier. For those of you who didn't know: my account at PayPal is such that you don't need to take a (FREE) account at PayPal.

You can make direct payment with credit card.

Moreover we are thinking of delaying further development to version 2 with real new features until we have a much better "installed base of customers". Maybe we are in 2005 also raising the price a bit. After some research I estimated much more customers, based on responses by email, than we realy have served.

Yesterday a new update, version 1.10 is sent to all customers with Release Notes and the demoversion of this build will soon be downloable on the website http://kn-sdexplorer.has.it .

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

[This message has been edited by fmlk4u (edited 11-18-2004).]

#48941 - 11/26/04 02:44 PM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

SAD ANNOUNCEMENT

Unfortunately I have a sad message to tell. Gert Jan's little son has small poks and both Gert Jan have side effects of it.

Moreover we are both tired, very, very busy at work... and a bit disppointed too: No feedback about 1.10 update, no customers coming in anymore, some emails with questions, mainly because of ignorance, not reading FAQ, or tutorial page via http://kn-sdexplorer.has.it

And last but not least some private problems, some financial some emotional are also in effect.

So the sad message is that further development of the tool, like supporting Cusotme Style files and MIDI, is delayed until at least beginning 2005.

I hope by that time we have also the solution for Windows 98 compatibility which is also a pian in the ass. And I hope we have become some more customers by then.

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

#48942 - 11/27/04 01:05 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Fred,
Sorry to hear about all the problems. I wish you, your friend and his family well and hope the problems disappear soon. I know exactly what you mean about pressure at work - I experienced it for many years and am very glad to be rid of it now.......
I haven't made much use of SD Explorer, with the latest update at present, but it seems to be working OK.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#48943 - 01/24/05 01:12 PM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

Hi Bill,

Thanks for you message. We now work low-profile on an update. Maybe somewhere in 2005 we come with release 2.0 with MIDI and/or CST support. And maybe Win98 support, although that doesn't look promising, because MicroSoft doesn't give any support on this old OS and no SW developer is interested anymore either. Linux is more interesting for most of them.

Regards, Fred
http://www.kn7000.net/Fred_Mellink

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online