SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#469900 - 05/14/19 06:11 AM Ketron italy needs to take it more seriously
rob Offline

Loc: Australia
A college of mine that comes more often to me to set up his audya 5 had a serious malfunction on his audya 5 on the weekend at a wedding while giging,what happened was the audya had frozen on him while playing and not only that he tried to boot it up and it took the 4th go to boot up properly and then not only all his samples had disappeared and the worst everything had reset to factory presets the only thing that was on board lucky the user styles,really now how long can one still face this crap,I don’t understand why and why would you push for knew products when the old one is incomplete,you sell a keyboard at a big price margine and you get a botched up product,to ruin someone wedding or special occasion is a serious matter,we pay for expensive ram that we cant even use cause it gets curupt and how many i know that have the same problem we didn’t buy audya for our bedrooms

Edited by rob (05/14/19 06:14 AM)

#469921 - 05/14/19 12:27 PM Re: Ketron italy needs to take it more seriously [Re: rob]
Tonewheeldude Offline

The Audya is a rock solid piece of hardware and has served musicians well 7 nights a week 52 weeks a year for over 10 years now.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for the Audya to reset to factory settings on its own...100% impossible. Why you might ask? Because virtually everything is saved and stored on the hard drive just like your laptop, not in ROM like the old fashioned keyboards were.

So what could have happened?

Hard drives/SSD's fail sometimes, its nobody's fault...it just happens which is why we all keep back ups of our data, wether its a laptop, phone or keyboard. There is also the possibility he accidentally formatted the hard drive if he was careless when formatting a USB stick. Its not easy to do, with multiple warnings on the way...but people ignore them (I am amazed how often people do this).

Anyway on a more constructive note your friend can do some simple checks HERE HERE

Your welcome to post back here with the results, but I cant guarantee a reply quickly as I only call by from time to time. Your friend might want to call his distributor with any information he gets from the above.

#469927 - 05/14/19 03:45 PM Re: Ketron italy needs to take it more seriously [Re: Tonewheeldude]
rob Offline

Thanks for the reply ToneWheelDude,that check sum test is old news for me and there is no errors showing on the audya now going back as you mentioned rock solid ketron,when you have spare time look me up by the name Rob redzepovski on Facebook or youtube and you will have a fair idea as who i am and how much knowledge i have on any device in that matter i my self as I mentioned to Aj am not a happy customer reason being you spend money on the audya that you cannot use i will be happy one day for me to recored clips on all the bugs audya has and you will be amazed,i will give you one little eg,the other day i was creating a style and just as i got to finish the breaks the style Corrupts on me and i had to start again and thats just a finger tip of a problem to what more i can telll you,how many times i wanted to sell it cause i had enough,know coming back to my mates problem he had at least 40 to 50 samples and what i found out 10 got corrupted in that mess i believe the sampler on the audya needs working on because i have 15 samples in my audya 4 and 5 of them are corupt and has been for years meaning i spent money on 256 ram for nothing as sampler has issues,in coming weeks i will put out a list of all the troubles audya has and i can assures you like a serious musician like me the audya doesnt one day let alone 7 days a week

#470040 - 05/18/19 01:08 PM Re: Ketron italy needs to take it more seriously [Re: rob]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I am not sure wether you are here to help your friend or just vent about your problems, either way, as I said before, its likely your friend has a problem with his hard drive. Samples are just files on the drive, if they are corrupt its because there is a problem with the files themselves - absolutley nothing to do with the samplers ability. If he cannot play factory styles it means something is seriously wrong with the drive. Do him a favour and advise him to get the hard drive checked or replaced asap after which he should copy his daa back onto it.

#470045 - 05/18/19 03:14 PM Re: Ketron italy needs to take it more seriously [Re: Tonewheeldude]
rob Offline

Tonewheeldude it looks like you did not read my post properly,i dont know where you got that the factory styles are corupt,i will tell you again the audya works fine without samples there is no corupt styles but soon as you start using samples the machine dies/freezes,now this is the last time i will post cause i give up,you have to realize that you mention there is a problem with my freinds harddrive ok,so you are telling me 10 people i know including my self have a harddrive problem,well i think you are wrong i think ketron audya has a software problem and lets stop blaming the hard drive,now tonewheeldude if you are here to help then help but don’t go against the the customers,who will refund me for a 256 ram card sitting there collecting dust cause not able to use? I rest my case,bye bye

#470142 - 05/21/19 08:30 AM Re: Ketron italy needs to take it more seriously [Re: rob]
Speed Offline

I don't understand how people are still buying Ketron products the Audia is the Worst thing I ever had in my life I lost money And my reputation because of glitches that occurred during a performance I sold the Audya and never going to buy another ketron product it is not worth it This company does not take responsibility technical support Doesn't exist The only thing they know how to say is soon... My answer to you is Genos!!!

#470144 - 05/21/19 08:48 AM Re: Ketron italy needs to take it more seriously [Re: rob]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By rob
Tonewheeldude it looks like you did not read my post properly,i dont know where you got that the factory styles are corupt

you said:
" everything had reset to factory presets the only thing that was on board lucky the user styles"

which indicated to me your friend had lost everything except user styles.

For some reason you have become defensive at my attempt to help with your friends fault. Hopefully your friend will have more luck elsewhere.

#470447 - 05/26/19 07:17 PM Re: Ketron italy needs to take it more seriously [Re: rob]
Stefkeyz Offline

Rob thanks for posting this,
Yes as you said in post I was a wedding and did sound check, and when it was Time To commence, had a corrupt error on screen
And on style all buttons were not working.
Turned it on and off 4 times.
Whilst couple was waiting. 4th time around
Working with no sample sounds. In Australia ketron dealer doesn't even know what this machine can do and forget asking for help. I bought a korg pa4x thank God I did for the 2 gigs I had
because today I turned the ketron on, white to black screen and died.
This has made me now think if I fix this unfinished trouble shooting keyboard at gigs you would need a backup keyboard on stage ready because the audya 5 will fail again and again. I might use it as a midi controller. (What a wayste of money)
Thanks Rob for the trouble shooting, if it wasn't for you to fix other issues before this happened I would be lost.
(Ketron get your act together your releasing new products and not fixing audya issues) Not Happy Ketron

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online