SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#455814 - 08/07/18 07:41 AM Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny, this is great news, and, yes, you are blessed ...
We are also blessed to have this great gift of music that is such an aid to getting us through even the toughest times ...

#455815 - 08/07/18 07:50 AM Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
We are also blessed to have this great gift of music that is such an aid to getting us through even the toughest times ...

Tony you are so right,....without good health everything means nothing. For yourself and your family go get checked out and take care of your self in whatever way it takes. Then the "Magic Medicine" (Music) will enhance the rest.

Gracie paisan

Ciao

#455842 - 08/07/18 09:00 PM Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) [Re: tony mads usa]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Donnie.......I'm sure they told you about diet and exercise to help reverse (or stop) further arterial deterioration. I think I said somewhere you don't want be to left in post "major" stroke condition. For me, a loved one was left that way until she died three years later. Seeing the effects of a stroke first-hand had an "effect" on me where I never gave it much thought before that. And then there's seeing stroke victims in the nursing homes while you're playing. It really stops you dead in your tracks and makes you think about reality and priorities!

I re-joined Planet Fitness after reading the following article!

quote out of a George Foreman interview (after he retired):

Interviewer: Incredibly, you fought until you were 48. Any advice for us mere mortals when it comes to maintaining good health?

Answer: I love to eat. But I cannot face food without using my exercise equipment. I worked out this morning - I thought I was going to pass out. My trainer said, "Man, do you know how not to work out hard?" I never fell in love with exercise but you have to do it for the rest of your life. I did it to become champ, and now I do it to stay alive. It is a death sentence without it!

#455855 - 08/08/18 06:05 AM Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Donny (sp)..
Mark thanx for the advice I am well aware of the exercise regiment and have been on the "MOVE" program for a few years controlling my weight...yes it is very important along with proper diet too.

#455857 - 08/08/18 07:26 AM Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Tony you are so right,....without good health everything means nothing. For yourself and your family go get checked out and take care of your self in whatever way it takes. Then the "Magic Medicine" (Music) will enhance the rest.
Gracie paisan
Ciao

Donny, I had to smile a little at your comment about getting checked and taking care, as for me this week is 'doctor week' ... Actually started last Friday with a visit to the cardiologist for a check up, followed by a physical on Monday, dermatologist on Tuesday, sleep doctor this morning to set up a sleep apnea test, and the cardiovascular people this afternoon to check on the pacemaker ...
Then a stress test in 2 weeks just to make sure the heart is clear, and an endoscopy and colonoscopy in September ... WHEW!!! ...
By then I should pretty well know how I am doing ...
Stay well, and 'keep on keepin' on' rocker
God Bless

#455858 - 08/08/18 07:37 AM Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Tony godspeed my friend I know you are in good hands.... Plenty of life ahead good luck!

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online