UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj)

Posted by: tony mads usa

UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/06/18 05:27 PM

Hadn't seen Donny posting for a few days, so I sent him an email asking how he is doing ... Well, this is the answer I got:
Hi Tony I've been in the hospital the last 4 days I had a mini-stroke they're taking all kinds of tests I'm hoping for a good result thank you for asking I'll be in touch if I ever get out of here. Dp

I think it would be nice if we all remembered Donny in our prayers ... And for those who might not pray, some good thoughts will be nice ...
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/06/18 05:57 PM

Donny
Best wishes for a speedy recover and getting home. We'll all be thinking about you .
Posted by: zuki

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/06/18 06:07 PM

Good Lord! Thanks for letting us know and hope all turns out well, as it sounds like all got caught in time. Glad that Donny responded somewhat positively.
Posted by: DonM

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/06/18 06:19 PM

Hate to hear this. I knew he was having some problems. Maybe they will take care of it now. Hard to type when I'm supposed to be working.

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/06/18 06:22 PM

No typing while working, Don ...
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/06/18 06:24 PM

Donny, Wishing you the best, Godspeed. I’ll be praying for a speedy recovery for you.
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/06/18 06:27 PM

Best wishes Donny.
Eddie
Posted by: jingleman

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/06/18 06:54 PM

Donny, hope you get better soon. Take care. Thoughts and prayers!

jingleman
Posted by: synerjim

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/06/18 07:30 PM

My prayers for you Donny for your quick recovery in Yahsuah's Name, our Savior.
Posted by: montunoman

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/06/18 08:12 PM

Hoping for the best Donny. Please get back to making music soon!
Posted by: Eric, B

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/06/18 08:18 PM

Best wishes Donny.
A Stroke is a scary thing ...
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/06/18 10:07 PM

Donny. Best wishes from the UK.
Posted by: 124

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/06/18 10:17 PM

Hope you get on the mend soon, Donny.
Posted by: Saswick

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/06/18 11:16 PM

All the very best Donny, Col
Posted by: Bachus

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 02:17 AM

Donny get well soon...
Posted by: Rfinnshw

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 02:59 AM

Donny, Wishing you a Speedy Recovery
Ron, in Vero Beach Florida

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Hadn't seen Donny posting for a few days, so I sent him an email asking how he is doing ... Well, this is the answer I got:
Hi Tony I've been in the hospital the last 4 days I had a mini-stroke they're taking all kinds of tests I'm hoping for a good result thank you for asking I'll be in touch if I ever get out of here. Dp

I think it would be nice if we all remembered Donny in our prayers ... And for those who might not pray, some good thoughts will be nice ...
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 03:07 AM

Best wishes Donny.
Posted by: broker22

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 04:27 AM

Prayers are with you get well soon Donny. Cal
Posted by: organgrinder

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 05:14 AM

Get well soon Donny.
MEL
Posted by: abacus

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 05:24 AM

Hi Donny

Just remember keep on rocking and get well soon.

Bill
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 05:33 AM

Thanks for letting us know, Tony.

Prayers are on their way... on your behalf, Donny. Your presence is missed here more than you can imagine.

----Dave
Posted by: Mikem

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 06:04 AM

Very sorry to hear this, Donny. frown I'll certainly be praying for your health, and that you and your family will remain calm. I wish you a full & speedy recovery. God bless.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 06:21 AM

Donny,
+1 to all the good wishes allready written for you above.
Best regards and wishes for a speedy recovery from The West Coast of Norway.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 06:30 AM

Get well old friend.

All the best,

Gary
Posted by: W Tracy Parnell

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 06:48 AM

Best wishes Donny!
Posted by: sparky589

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 08:03 AM

Praying now..so is Duke..get well soon..
Posted by: Jerryghr

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 09:31 AM

Jerryghr
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 09:37 AM

Damn. Hate hearing this - feel better gum-bah!
Posted by: rphillipchuk

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 10:27 AM

Get well Soon Donny, we all miss you ......
Posted by: DonM

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 12:37 PM

I just talked to Donny. He is now getting medication to address the problems and so far it is working. He may get to go home tonight or tomorrow.
Evidently there is a blood vessel that wasn't allowing enough blood through and causing stroke symptoms. He is on Plavix and also a anti-convulsion medicine.
He wanted me to tell you all thanks for the good wishes and prayers!

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 12:49 PM

Maybe while he's in there the doctors can find a cure for KAS, and then share it with us..

(Keyboard Aquisition Syndrome)
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 12:58 PM

Thank's a lot for the info Don.
Good to hear that Donny is on the way to get back home. smile
Posted by: mdorantes

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 02:09 PM

Donny, a quick recovery is in order...!!! take care.

Manuel

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 04:02 PM

DonM, thanks for that update ...
Praying that they find the cause of the problem, and that Donny bounces back real quick ...
Posted by: Duane O

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 07:13 PM

Get well soon, Donny

Duane O'D
Posted by: Mark79100

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 09:12 PM

Donny........don't treat that so lightly....mini-stroke. I believe they're called transient strokes. Someone very close to me was permanently disabled and finally died three years after she suffered a full stroke. The doctor said she was probably warned with small "transient" strokes (mini-strokes?) before the big one hit and, had she known that, and had taken immediate medical treatment the major stroke would never have happened.

I just had my arteries tested for "circulation." The doctor said so far I'm in the "safe zone." But, at this age, everyone should have tests once a year. Believe me, if you don't die, you don't want to be left in an after-stroke condition.

I think Gary might be able to shed more light on "transient strokes." My GP said to keep the odds on my side...take a mini-aspirin every day for the rest of my life (to thin out the blood).
Posted by: shueymusic

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 09:19 PM

Take care of yourself!!
Posted by: Nigel

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/07/18 10:45 PM

Wishing you all the best Donny
Posted by: MacAllcock

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/08/18 04:48 AM

Get well soon Donny, it's good that they know what going on.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/08/18 03:48 PM

Donny getting old stinks, but you a long way to go. I have tried to turn each attack on my health into a positive. My diet has changed radically, I go to the gym and walk to the clubhouse almost every day.

Attacks should be treated as warnings. They can actually extend your life; or at best make you feel good where you are at.

Think positive my friend, John C.

PS, sorry for the soap box talk, but it is what I have to give when I care.
Posted by: hammer

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/08/18 04:21 PM

Hi Donny,
Sure hate hearing all of this. Get will soon and take care of yourself.

Deane

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/08/18 08:34 PM

Transient Strokes, also known as TIA (Transient ischemic attack), mini strokes, etc, usually have no permanent brain damage. However, this is a warning to the patient to get a handle on things by going on a regiment of some type of anti-coagulant, such as ordinary Aspirin and usually is an indication of partly clogged arteries.

Most advanced strokes are frequently the result of a clot originating in the left atrial appendage, a small sack in the left side of the heart that really serves no useful cardiac purpose. Those clots cannot form if the patient is on an anticoagulant regimen, which Plavix provides, but has it's own side effects. Studies have shown that Plavix is no more effective than a single, daily adult aspirin and many internist have switched their patients to aspirin because of the reduced side effects.

The vast majority of patients that experience TIAs, if treated early and aggressively do very well and usually live normal lives, often never experiencing another episode. Hopefully, Donny is in that category. smile

Good luck old friend,

Gary cool
Posted by: Dnj

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/09/18 05:57 AM

Hi Everyone,
After 6 days in the hospital I am finally home again today resting comfortably. I just want to say Thank You so much to everyone here on SZ for all the support and well wishes I received it really boosted my moral while I was in the hospital. With meds and follow ups to the doctors & neurologists all will be ok down the road hopefully. I'll try to post when I can but I will be lurking...
again THANK YOU ALL!
Posted by: Harold123

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/09/18 06:09 AM

Good morning Donny...Welcome Home! Get Well soon You keep this Forum Very Interesting with all Your Knowledge and Talent...Many Blessings Harold ( It's just not the same when You are not Posting!}
Posted by: Bachus

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/09/18 06:24 AM

Good to see your back home Donny, no place like recovering at home...

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/09/18 06:57 AM

Great to hear you are back home Donny smile

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/09/18 08:14 AM

It's good that you are back at BOTH your homes, Donny ... your house,and S-Z ... grin
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/09/18 09:37 AM

Just got back from a trip, or I'd have been here supporting you sooner. Got my fingers crossed!

R.

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/09/18 09:41 AM

Great news! When you're feeling better, maybe Duke and I will take a ride south and drop in..

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/09/18 10:26 AM

Thank you everybody for your concern I love you all!
Posted by: PraiseTheLord

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/09/18 06:57 PM

Praying for a rapid and complete recovery! 🙏🏼

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/09/18 07:11 PM

Talked with Donny this afternoon - he's doing fine and taking his meds.

Gary

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/09/18 07:38 PM

Thanx to all... Great to talk today Gary!
Posted by: spalding1968

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/10/18 02:54 AM

I’ve been away for a few weeks and just logged on to my favourite music forum and discovered that Donny has been ill!

I am Glad to hear you are recovering reasonably well . Take your time . Definitely added in my prayers . Keep your head up my brother . God bless . Worth

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/10/18 05:21 AM

Originally Posted By spalding1968
I’ve been away for a few weeks and just logged on to my favourite music forum and discovered that Donny has been ill!

I am Glad to hear you are recovering reasonably well . Take your time . Definitely added in my prayers . Keep your head up my brother . God bless . Worth

Spalding .....Thank you so much for the well wishes I am every day stronger appreciate it big time !!
Posted by: Jerryghr

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/10/18 07:47 AM

Glad to see you are at home. SZ has been boring without you.

Hope you didn't have to try out the "gig gurney".

Jerryghr

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/10/18 08:18 AM

Originally Posted By Jerryghr
Glad to see you are at home. SZ has been boring without you.

Hope you didn't have to try out the "gig gurney".

Jerryghr

Hahaha.... thank you Jerry that's very funny I got a good belly laugh out of that I'm feeling good day by day I hope to be a hundred percent as soon as possible take care
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 07/10/18 11:11 AM

Donny:

Jerry is 100% correct. This place is only capable of limping without your amazing energy. Get plenty of R&R, follow your Doc's instructions as much as possible... and get back here ASAP. You are missed my friend. ----West Mayberry Dave

(doing my best to keep from treading on U.D.'s space) LOL!

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/06/18 04:13 AM

It's been a month since my stroke episode July 3rd,...I'm getting stronger every day, it's a slow process but I am glad I am progressing.
I keep busy enjoying the return to my S970 and turning it into a "Mini Genos" sounds amazing with converted styles, arranger KB's can be very therapeutic. Today I go to the hospital for a followup Brain CAT Scan and Neurology Doctor appointment followup, medication adjustment if needed and consult. Thank you for all the well wishes & phone calls.

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/06/18 04:59 AM

Donny, best wishes for great results today ...
Prayers are with you ...
God Bless

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/06/18 05:21 AM

Donny, best wishes for great results today ...
Prayers are with you ...
God Bless

Thanx Tony appreciate it buddy
Posted by: jingleman

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/06/18 06:02 AM

Good luck today Donny. Playing your 970 can be a great way to keep your healing progressing.

jingleman
Posted by: Henni

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/06/18 08:28 AM

Hi Donny,

Glad to hear you are recovering. Enjoy your "mini Genos".

Best regards,

Henni

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/06/18 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By Henni
Hi Donny,

Glad to hear you are recovering. Enjoy your "mini Genos".

Best regards,

Henni

Thanx Henni for the well wishes and conversions efforts on Genos S970 styles too take care.

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/06/18 09:31 AM

Don't forget to tie the gown in the back eek2

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/06/18 09:34 AM

+1 wink

Gary

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/07/18 05:55 AM

Thanx all....
Passed followup visit, Brain Catscan, Neurology Dr, with flying colors yesterday,...next appointment in 4 months.
On my way to recovery.
I am blessed.

take care all

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/07/18 06:37 AM

Great news! Now on to playing some music...........Happy for you!

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/07/18 07:07 AM

Originally Posted By zuki
Great news! Now on to playing some music...........Happy for you!

Zuki thank you all the well wishes keep me smiling & strong as does playing music which as you all know is the "Magic Medicine" cool2
Posted by: 124

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/07/18 07:24 AM

rocker

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/07/18 07:41 AM

Donny, this is great news, and, yes, you are blessed ...
We are also blessed to have this great gift of music that is such an aid to getting us through even the toughest times ...

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/07/18 07:50 AM

We are also blessed to have this great gift of music that is such an aid to getting us through even the toughest times ...

Tony you are so right,....without good health everything means nothing. For yourself and your family go get checked out and take care of your self in whatever way it takes. Then the "Magic Medicine" (Music) will enhance the rest.

Gracie paisan

Ciao
Posted by: Mark79100

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/07/18 09:00 PM

Donnie.......I'm sure they told you about diet and exercise to help reverse (or stop) further arterial deterioration. I think I said somewhere you don't want be to left in post "major" stroke condition. For me, a loved one was left that way until she died three years later. Seeing the effects of a stroke first-hand had an "effect" on me where I never gave it much thought before that. And then there's seeing stroke victims in the nursing homes while you're playing. It really stops you dead in your tracks and makes you think about reality and priorities!

I re-joined Planet Fitness after reading the following article!

quote out of a George Foreman interview (after he retired):

Interviewer: Incredibly, you fought until you were 48. Any advice for us mere mortals when it comes to maintaining good health?

Answer: I love to eat. But I cannot face food without using my exercise equipment. I worked out this morning - I thought I was going to pass out. My trainer said, "Man, do you know how not to work out hard?" I never fell in love with exercise but you have to do it for the rest of your life. I did it to become champ, and now I do it to stay alive. It is a death sentence without it!

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/08/18 06:05 AM

Donny (sp)..
Mark thanx for the advice I am well aware of the exercise regiment and have been on the "MOVE" program for a few years controlling my weight...yes it is very important along with proper diet too.

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/08/18 07:26 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj

Tony you are so right,....without good health everything means nothing. For yourself and your family go get checked out and take care of your self in whatever way it takes. Then the "Magic Medicine" (Music) will enhance the rest.
Gracie paisan
Ciao

Donny, I had to smile a little at your comment about getting checked and taking care, as for me this week is 'doctor week' ... Actually started last Friday with a visit to the cardiologist for a check up, followed by a physical on Monday, dermatologist on Tuesday, sleep doctor this morning to set up a sleep apnea test, and the cardiovascular people this afternoon to check on the pacemaker ...
Then a stress test in 2 weeks just to make sure the heart is clear, and an endoscopy and colonoscopy in September ... WHEW!!! ...
By then I should pretty well know how I am doing ...
Stay well, and 'keep on keepin' on' rocker
God Bless

Re: UPDATE ! Donny (Dnj) - 08/08/18 07:37 AM

Tony godspeed my friend I know you are in good hands.... Plenty of life ahead good luck!