SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#454107 - 06/29/18 03:47 AM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Vadim]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Awesome! Especially with that app. Good 'bang-for-the-buck' also. I may have to spring for one of those. That will complete my 'essential three', Piano (P515), Rhodes (Seven), and 'B3' (KeyB Duo Mk111). After that I'll dump everything except the Bk7m and VP770. Maybe.......

chas

#454108 - 06/29/18 05:14 AM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Vadim]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Don’t disregard the Roland FP90 it comes with a companion app for the ipad and you can make many of the same adjustments with the app or at the piano itself. It’s a great piano, ask Bill Lewis too.

#454109 - 06/29/18 05:41 AM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Vadim]
cgiles Offline

@ $300 price difference. Hate the fact that I'd have to buy an Ipad to take advantage of the app.

chas

#454117 - 06/29/18 08:47 AM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
@ $300 price difference. Hate the fact that I'd have to buy an Ipad to take advantage of the app.

chas

Well, when it comes to tablets, seems apple has won the war, android tablets are slowly leaving the scene. Windows tablets however like the high end micrsosft surface are another thing

The main reason why all these companies choose Apple is the fact that its much more reliable because of a single hardware platform and much much more secure .. on top of that the average ipad owner spends a factor 100 times as much monmey on apps as the android owner, simply because apple has banned out the hackers and the pirates where android still embraces them, even offering them their own markets..

Prices of software on apple are really really acceptable to me, i will never look back.

And another thing, did you know that programming a high end Android app costs as much as 5 times as programming an Apple app, because of how the tooling works... and there is no easy way to convert from apple to android, so programmers need to start all over.

So my best bet is, apple will be king of the tabblet market for a very very long time... the tablet market is very different from the mobile phone market.

So there is many many reasons why these apps mostly come to apple... espescially in the musik market apple ipad is king... now all yamaha needs to do is allow this app to communicate with other music software on ipad.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#454122 - 06/29/18 09:45 AM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Vadim]
cgiles Offline

Everything you say is true but I still hate it (the fact that I only have ONE choice).

chas

#454127 - 06/29/18 11:25 AM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Vadim]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
In this case if it wasn't for apple you would have no choice
MEL

#454129 - 06/29/18 01:04 PM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Vadim]
cgiles Offline

Steve, Bill, Bachus, any personal opinions about the quality of the SOUND of the FP90 vs the P515? I know it's subjective but I'd be interested in your opinions anyway. Also your comments or thoughts on the feature sets of the two. Any other digi-pianos in this specific category/price range (Nord? Casio?)? Thanks.

chas

#454137 - 06/29/18 10:55 PM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Steve, Bill, Bachus, any personal opinions about the quality of the SOUND of the FP90 vs the P515? I know it's subjective but I'd be interested in your opinions anyway. Also your comments or thoughts on the feature sets of the two. Any other digi-pianos in this specific category/price range (Nord? Casio?)? Thanks.

chas

I personally prefer the Roland PHA50 action above the NWX of yamaha, but in the end both are really good...

I love the Bösendorfer sound of the Yamaha, but also the Roland piano sounds... thats a personal thing, in general people iether prefer Yamaha or Rolands sound..

Strong point of the yamaha is the complete soundset it uses to play styles, where the Roland uses the ipad to play styles.. in general i think yamaha’s app that i tried extensively on the csp 170 performes better then the Roland app (which also comes with my. G0-piano)

In the end you need to try both yourself, the difference is mostly about personal flavour.

Other piano’s in this price range would be kawai’s es8 and mp7 which both have an incredible action...and good sound... mp7 is a stage model witouth speakers(there is a lot of stage models in this price range)

I think both outperform casio’s px 560.. and anything with a fatar action..

Edited by Bachus (06/29/18 10:59 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#454139 - 06/30/18 04:32 AM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Vadim]
cgiles Offline

Thanks Bachus. I appreciate the briefing. I'm leaning strongly towards the Yamaha. I too, really like that Bosendorfer sound, although I'm not sure if it's the best one for jazz/blues type playing.

chas

#454140 - 06/30/18 04:57 AM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: cgiles]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bosendorfer for concert and quility.
Yamaha for jazz and blues.

Piano Tuner, John C.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online