SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#451280 - 04/30/18 08:05 AM Just a recent video of Russian popular music
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Just like anywhere else, Russian popular music is being influenced quite strongly by modern standarts, which, to put it simply, means that it doesn't really sound like music. There're exceptions, of course, mainly for those who does not depend on his music financially and has resources to bring to life any idea. One of these people is Igor Krutoy, who is a composer, producer and a successful businessman (he "plays" piano in this video). His music is quite simple, the way I like it. Do not really expect you to be impressed, but I consider it as a nice example of so-called "Russian spirit", and overall the video is quite harmless.

#451287 - 04/30/18 10:14 AM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: Kabinopus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Kabinopus
Do not really expect you to be impressed, but I consider it as a nice example of so-called "Russian spirit", and overall the video is quite harmless.

Don't see any need to feel apologetic. It's music, not politics, and music is universal. Actually, I AM impressed. The arrangement is tasteful and the young lady (vocalist) is not only very attractive but has a voice that could make it in any market, including the U.S. I think it's great to be exposed to what is happening in music in the rest of the world and not just in our own little 'comfort zone'.

BTW, I see no reason why this could not have been posted on the main (arranger) board. I've seen a lot less relevant things posted there....every day smile.

chas

Edited by cgiles (04/30/18 10:17 AM)

#451296 - 04/30/18 11:09 AM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: Kabinopus]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
+1

keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#451351 - 05/01/18 09:10 AM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: Kabinopus]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I REALLY enjoyed it! Not only was the tune one incorporating great changes and movement, the singer was a class act. On top of that, the film had a beginning and end, was shot with multiple cameras and edited beautifully. It was close to movie broadcast quality.

I'm VERY glad you posted this!

Thanks,

Russ

#452269 - 05/20/18 01:07 AM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: Kabinopus]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Fantastic. I loved it. And the production of the video is first class. Thanks so much for posting this. This is the beauty of the Internet that we get to experience music we may have never got the opportunity to hear before.

#452393 - 05/21/18 03:57 PM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: Nigel]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
That was really cool...nicely done..love the imagery.

#452430 - 05/22/18 12:40 PM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: sparky589]

A thoughtful and much appreciated post enjoyed by a "small but mighty" group here.

Please don't hesitate to share your thoughts and sample of your work and the work of others you admire.

Best personal regards.

R.

Edited by captain Russ (05/22/18 04:33 PM)

#452480 - 05/23/18 11:19 AM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: captain Russ]

I wonder if you could do a little translation? I have watched the film now, probably 6 times, trying to guess at the intent. Who is the older lady? What are the lyrics?

I'm thinking it's a neat little "feel good" message.

Thanks,

Russ

#452495 - 05/23/18 02:58 PM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: Kabinopus]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
I’m glad that you all enjoyed and commented this video.

In fact, initially this music was composed by Igor Krutoy (a man at the piano) for Lara Fabian, and she performed it as “Russian Fairy Tale”. And the singer in this video (Angelica Varum), who is well-known in Russia, wrote her own lyrics to this song.

The thing about Russian language is that you can quite freely change the order of words within a sentence, but you have to change endings of words to keep it logical. I believe that it affects music quite strongly, because you can work more with the sound of the lyrics, and pay less attention to their information value.

But today there’s quite a lot of music which is sort of rap or hip-hop, mostly is focused about physical side of relationship between boys and girls, also you can hear some swearing here and there. I feel awkward, because as a relatively young person I should be adaptable, but I don’t really see a point.

There’re exceptions, of course, but one producer told me recently, that music like the one I shared above is sort of dead for now.
I can try to translate the lyrics, but as I said, it’s mostly about sounds.

Title: A woman was walking

A woman was walking
Just like music of a violin
Step by step and year by year

She kept in her heart
A small and weak light
Left from her might-have-been love

No matter how you’d call it

Chorus:

Oh, tender words,
Your head is spinning,
It’s your voluntarily prison

You’ve been waiting for him
Ready to give up everything
For this single day

-

You’re alive again
In your dreams and happy thoughts
Like there hasn’t been any distress

A woman was walking
Not wiping off her tears
From her scattered fate

Well, I’ll come if you just call

Edited by Kabinopus (05/25/18 01:48 AM)

#452543 - 05/24/18 09:01 AM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: Kabinopus]

A classic love song about desires, aging, missed opportunities and new prospects.

With a careful look, your translation is perfect.

Thanks again!

Russ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online