I’m glad that you all enjoyed and commented this video.

In fact, initially this music was composed by Igor Krutoy (a man at the piano) for Lara Fabian, and she performed it as “Russian Fairy Tale”. And the singer in this video (Angelica Varum), who is well-known in Russia, wrote her own lyrics to this song.

The thing about Russian language is that you can quite freely change the order of words within a sentence, but you have to change endings of words to keep it logical. I believe that it affects music quite strongly, because you can work more with the sound of the lyrics, and pay less attention to their information value.

But today there’s quite a lot of music which is sort of rap or hip-hop, mostly is focused about physical side of relationship between boys and girls, also you can hear some swearing here and there. I feel awkward, because as a relatively young person I should be adaptable, but I don’t really see a point.

There’re exceptions, of course, but one producer told me recently, that music like the one I shared above is sort of dead for now.
I can try to translate the lyrics, but as I said, it’s mostly about sounds.

Title: A woman was walking

A woman was walking
Just like music of a violin
Step by step and year by year

She kept in her heart
A small and weak light
Left from her might-have-been love

No matter how you’d call it

Chorus:

Oh, tender words,
Your head is spinning,
It’s your voluntarily prison