SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#45075 - 02/02/04 06:50 AM How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I have just received an email from Chris Whitehead, at Technics UK. with reference to KN7000 Operating System Updates : QUOTE.

"As you are probably aware, we monitor places like Synthzone and I have recently noticed complaints about lack of a UK Update for the KN7000 operating system.

In the UK we have always asked UK customers to contact there Technics Dealer,(preferably the one from whom they purchased the Keyboard) to ask for the latest software update. This is mainly because the disks are made at Technics UK and are fully tested and certified.
I understand that Synthzone members may be very computer literate and are
competent at doing this, however we have many more customers who either do not own a computer or are not competent enough to do this.
We have had many complaints from customers who have downloaded updates from various websites in the past and wiped or corrupted the operating system, during the updating process and have not been able to restore it, with out our assistance.

Can I also offer my Email Address, which I believe has been posted here before. If any one in the UK has any issues with Technics Keyboards or the service we provide please contact me at chris.whitehead@panasonic.co.uk"

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#45076 - 02/03/04 02:02 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Finally we now know the real reason(s) and Taiyo and others are not so called uncertainfied dealers.
rgds.
Willem

#45077 - 02/03/04 03:28 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Mike ORegan Offline

Isn't the REAL reason behind this statement that Panasonic UK has had its extremely slow hand forced by this Forum and others into finally admitting that updates really exist.
Mike O'R
Version 1.6

#45078 - 02/03/04 09:07 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
technicsplayer Offline

no, the reason is as explained that people were corrupting their o/s by using bad disks and downloads, as happened to someone's 7000 on the Yahoo forum just recently.
Taiyo have a history of putting up buggy o/s for download before they are ready for official release, and then having to replace them, as well as putting up o/s not meant for public release.

#45079 - 02/03/04 12:34 PM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike ORegan:
Isn't the REAL reason behind this statement that Panasonic UK has had its extremely slow hand forced by this Forum and others into finally admitting that updates really exist.
Mike O'R
Version 1.6

At least Bill Norrie and Myself took the trouble to find out just what the score was.
Don't forget you are not out of the woods yet and remember that being in the UK your kn7000 with the Taiyo upgrades is not supported so just hope all stays well because everyone including Chris Whitehead knows where you got your upgrades from

#45080 - 02/03/04 01:51 PM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Mike ORegan Offline

Ooh, Johnnie C, you've got me really scared!! LOL
Mike O'R

#45081 - 02/03/04 02:12 PM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike ORegan:
Ooh, Johnnie C, you've got me really scared!! LOL
Mike O'R

I have no intention or interest in scaring you, you do a good enough job of that yourself.You just keep sticking your finger in the air and continue shouting help

#45082 - 02/04/04 06:14 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
as well as putting up o/s not meant for public release.[/B]

This one I don't understand an update not for
public release???
What kind of updates are these.

regds.
Willem

#45083 - 02/04/04 06:59 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Just spoken to my dealer - one of the largest Technics agents in North England (well was), who tells me they have never received any updates for the 7000, from Technics. Then went on to say (and this is someone who has been in the busines for yonks) "What is an operating update. Never heard of them........"

Funny old world, ain't it.

Peter

#45084 - 02/04/04 02:11 PM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by waterschip:
This one I don't understand an update not for
public release???
What kind of updates are these.
regds.
Willem

Taiyo posted a couple of 6000 updates too early in the past which had to be quickly withdrawn and replaced. Japan also made an update for a single professional to suit his particular specific external equipment which was not meant as a general release which Taiyo posted in the past.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online