SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#59824 - 01/03/05 05:11 PM TECHNICS FOR ALL : Explanation
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi all,

I have recieved a few emails concerning the Technics For All Web Site.

Some of the questions asked, pertained to the type of files that are posted. I will do my best to help clarify your questions.

First let me say, that I started this site over a year ago, and a few months ago, my friend Andrew Hearne has completly taken over, it is all his, and all donations should be directed his way.

Now about the files. The songs you play on Technics For All are digital files. They are not Technics Files. The song files are in Windows Media Audio format, and have been compressed by me to 32kbps, so that all, including those on a dialup can have the opportunity to listen to these songs on your computer

I have noticed recently that a few songs are in MP3 format. This is Andrews decision. I used WMA to save space. Check with him if it's still ok to send larger MP3 files. Dial up Internet will have a longer wait for these songs, but, I can compress them futher if needed by you or Andrew.

You cannot download these songs to a floppy disk, and expect to play them on your Technics Keyboard, as they are not Technics or midi files. Of course if you have Panasonic SDJukebox, then you can convert these digital files to a format that the 2600 or 7000 will read and play..but that's a whole another story

I have saved all these files, but again, they are in a digital format, and are no different then the format that are posted on the web site. Therefore sending them out via email is rather pointless, when you can easily download them from the site

I do not have the original Technics recordings..never did. Unless they needed help in converting from the original Technics format to Windows Audio, the artist's simply sent me their digital recordings in MP3 or WMA format.

How does one make a digital recording, so that they may also have their songs on Technics For All?

Here is a link on Technics For All, that helps explain http://www.technicsforall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9

Sorry, but I cannot convert your Technics song files anynore. It is not that difficult to record your Technics Recordings on your computer to an MP3 or WMA format.

What I can still do, is compress the MP3 to a much smaller WMA file for you, if you don't have the means. But I simply do not have the time to convert from Technics to WMA.

Besides all Technics keyboards play Technics Files a little different. I don't have every model keyboard, which means, I wouldn't be doing your song justice. (A song recorded on a KN5000, sounds much different on a KN7000)

So your just going to have to learn to record your songs and "then digialize" them to your computer..it is 2005...get with it!
Learn to do it

I hope this helps, and hope it didn't totally confuse you. If you have any questions...please ask . But do check on the link above, it should help. And while you are there, consider a donation to Andrew to help with the cost for the web server.

Thanks,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#59825 - 01/04/05 04:10 AM Re: TECHNICS FOR ALL : Explanation
AndyHearne Offline

Loc: peterborough
Hi all

Thanks Larry for the message. Just to confirm that MP3s and WMAs are both alright to send to me no problem at all and I will get up on the site ASAP when I have received the files and will confirm receipt plus let you know when the file is on when sorted

Should I receive any donations I will work out how much I have received and donate half of the money to the disaster relief fund for the Earthquake help appeal

Thank you to everyone for all their support in feedback, sending in songs etc - it's been a pleasure in hearing your songs and letting other's hear them too - I look forward to looking after the site in 2005 and the years to come

Regards

------------------
Andrew
http://www.technicsforall.com

#59826 - 01/08/05 08:39 AM Re: TECHNICS FOR ALL : Explanation
Brian Goodison Offline

Loc: Bridlington. East Yorkshire.En...
This all seems a bit messy to me . Why not just send your songs to Cess Schrenks "Keso" site where they can be downloaded to a floppy disk or better still downloaded to your SD card using Fred Melinks SDExplorer program and then transfered direct to your KN7000 keyboard and played just as it was recorded on the KN7000 keyboard. Bingo.

Cess'es site a has over 600 songs on it and Freds program is great for tranfering and moving songs about. Both need our support as Technics players as do the people who take the time to submit their songs for us all to play

Regards

Brian

#59827 - 01/08/05 09:05 AM Re: TECHNICS FOR ALL : Explanation
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Brian - read your comments.

The KESO site is excellent but the downloads from that site can only be played on the KN7, Haven't got a KN2600 etc. so probably that model also.

The rules of the KESO site is that no commercial styles can be used in submitted recordings and are also supposed to be Easy Record songs only.

The advantage of the Technics for all site is that you can download and listen to recordings made on other instruments and in a format that can be played through media players. As these files cannot be read by Technics instruments then commercial styles, can be used without contravening any copyright laws.

Joan

#59828 - 01/08/05 09:55 AM Re: TECHNICS FOR ALL : Explanation
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Brian,

Joan explained it well.

I, and many others enjoy listening to songs played by various artist on various keyboards.
Technics For All makes this possible.

Cee's site is great, but he deals only with 7000 owners. Technics For All is just that...For All....no matter what keyboard you have. In fact you don't need a keyboard at all to enjoy these songs from a great range of Technics keyboards.

It's not messy . In fact it's quite easy. Click on a song, and listen.

Larry Hawk ( the original creator of TFA) www.technicsforall.com

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online