SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#442070 - 12/07/17 05:49 AM So Why Didn't YOU order a New Genos yet?.....
Dnj Offline

Too expensive for your budget? You can afford it but don't think it is worth the price? Don't like the way it sounds for your needs? Want a 61 key arranger instead of 76? Need onboard speakers? Don't like the design or color? Want a tilt up display? Waiting for the less costly MOTL arrangers to come to market? Like other brands sound, features instead? Think it's just a pimped out Tyros 5? Just disappointed wishing it's was something different when it was released? Going in a different direction with your music? To lazy to learn a NEW OS coming from a different brand kB? Waiting for Genos2? Wife will kill you if you ever spent 5k on a hobby lol? I need to have the latest & greatest at any cost always? I want bragging rights with my fellow musicians? Ive owned every model since Yamaha made arrangers and don't want to break the chain now?
If there's anything I left out please list it here Yay or Nay as we all benefit from other opinions?......

Edited by Dnj (12/07/17 09:26 AM)

#442079 - 12/07/17 07:39 AM Re: So Why Didnt you order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Too expensive for your budget? You can afford it but don't think it is worth the price?

Nope, not too expensive and well worth the price.

Don't like the way it sounds for your needs?

Nope, sounds fantastic.

Want a 61 key arranger instead of 76?

Nope, doesn't make a bit of difference.

Need onboard speakers?

Nope, I have lots of amps around here.

Don't like the design or color?

Nope, basic black works just fine.

Want a tilt up display?

Nope, not required with super twist - I can see it from any angle.

Waiting for the less costly MOTL arrangers to come to market?

Nope, see question one.

Like other brands sound, features instead?

Nope, I personally, still love those yammies.

Think its just a pimped out Tyros 5?

Nope, it's definitely not a T5 by a long shot.

Just disappointing wishing its was something different when it was released?

No disappointments after watching all those demos.

Going in a different direction with your music?

Nope, just gonna stay retired for now, then die. wink

If there's anything I left out please list it here Yay or Nay as we all benefit from other opinions?......

Lots of Yay's - No Nays!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#442082 - 12/07/17 09:11 AM Re: So Why Didnt you order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny ...
1) I would not make a decision based on demo vids ...
2) For ME, it is cost prohibitive ...
3) I personally do not feel a need to 'test drive' one, as my Pa900 more than fills my needs ...
But that's me ... I'm sure it is right for others ...

#442087 - 12/07/17 09:22 AM Re: So Why Didnt you order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Dnj]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I agree in the affirmative with most of the questions posed.

#442088 - 12/07/17 09:24 AM Re: So Why Didnt you order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Totally overpriced as compared to other top of the line arrangers on the market.

#442094 - 12/07/17 10:41 AM Re: So Why Didnt you order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

As a guitarist who was in my band always said when he wanted a new toy, "It's only another gig a week."

#442097 - 12/07/17 10:55 AM Re: So Why Didnt you order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Boats are overpriced, and continue to cost you more during the entire time you own them - I should know, I've owned more boats than keyboards. In additional to slip fees, winter storage and maintenance, if you really want to go big time, you can join a yacht club and really blow some hard cash. smile

Fishing tackle is overpriced - got lots of that too. I just gave my son a 12-weight saltwater fly rod and reel that cost nearly as much as a Genos. I'm too old to do that stuff anymore. Carol says I'm too old to do a lot of stuff anymore.;)

Golf is a VERY expensive hobby, keyboards are chump change in comparison to country club memberships and greens fees in this part of the world. Last time I checked, a decent golf cart went for about $3,500 plus batteries.

Now, how about ridiculously overprices - cars, mini-vans, pickup trucks, SUVs - Even used they tend to be way overpriced.

Exercise equipment, wow! All those climber/stepper/treadmill combinations cost a fortune, and their targeted audiences, the way the commercials appear, are young people. Old farts like us wouldn't last 2 minutes on one of those expensive contraptions.

But what the Hell do I know - I'm just an old fart! smile

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (12/07/17 10:59 AM)

#442099 - 12/07/17 11:17 AM Re: So Why Didnt you order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: DonM]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By DonM
Totally overpriced as compared to other top of the line arrangers on the market.

Got to agree.

When you can get a 76 PA4X for likely under $3,900, it’s hard for me to justify the cost of Genos. FWIW, from what I’ve seen of demos, I’m really wondering if the Genos is as good as the 4X?

Perhaps I’ll get a chance to play one...that might change my mind. That said, if the Genos was as much keyboard for the money as was my S970, I’d order one. Right now I’m not seeing that.

#442100 - 12/07/17 11:17 AM Re: So Why Didnt you order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Since fly rods cost that much, I'll just order a Genos then! smile
BTW, Korg issued another free group of new styles yesterday as a Christmas present for us!

#442105 - 12/07/17 11:27 AM Re: So Why Didnt you order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Merry Christmas Old Man - If I had another one of those saltwater fly rods around here, I would pack it up and send it down to you.

Gary cool

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online