SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#435246 - 07/30/17 06:23 AM Re: Kn7000 to Korg Pa4x [Re: nsr007]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Scott, so sad, But for a few everyone pays the price. There are a lot of good men on the forum; many are EX Technics users. People like Kikkii go back over 20 years; Yamaha, Technics and now Korg.

Kikkii, , Don, Donny, Gary, Bebop and a few others helped me whenever I asked a question. Some sent me pages of information with styles and instrument sounds.

Take care, John C.

#441379 - 11/24/17 04:14 PM Re: Kn7000 to Korg Pa4x [Re: nsr007]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Friends,

I've been reading your comments on the Pa4X and having recently been to an OKC Music Week I can tell you the '2' basically means the original Px4X has been greatly updated.
The Korg team were there with not only the newly updated Pa4X but also a new, very lightweight piano. I was lucky enough to have the chance of playing both. Piano is my first love and the Korg's piano was a dream for me and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. However, as we were led to believe the new Genos would be at the show, I wanted to see and play that before making any decisions at all. It turned out to be a complete 'con' in my opinion, as all we got was a lot of chit- chat and an old film on how Yamaha started up. No sight of a Genos at all.

I've since been to a local demonstration of the Genos and for me it is a 'no no' simply because although it has a 9" touch screen, it is literally embedded into the body of the keyboard and cannot be moved. I had a keyboard like this a few years back and when the sun was on the screen, I just could not see it, plus being a music reader, having to take my eyes off the music meant I often lost my place leading to embarrassing mistakes.

However a friend of mine ordered the new Pa4X-2 which is due to be delivered any day now. He's going to phone me when it arrives and has invited me to join him on the great occasion.
I'm really looking forward to it I used to have an original Pa4X and from what I saw and heard at the OKC week, the no.2 is something you cannot resist. I'll keep you posted.

Happy playing to all of you - Audrey Turner

#441387 - 11/24/17 10:00 PM Re: Kn7000 to Korg Pa4x [Re: Audrey Turner]

I have reached a new stage with music and my keyboard. After a life time of performing I have become a home player. Not an easy decision, but it is time.

My needs have changed, I no longer desire to have that live driving sound that makes people want to dance; it is not needed. I am also moving to the simplicity of playing music without all the technical stuff. I have put away my IPad and am now using my laptop which has all the information that I put together in my Kn7000 days.
Should I look for another Kn7000? No, most of what I remember and what thought was fantastic was fantastic for its day; I must move on.

I now own three keyboards: Korg Pa4z, Yamaha S970, and a Korg Micro Arranger. The Pa4x will allow me to do what comes to mind. The S970 is gentle and has the best selection of styles, the best support, and it is gentile – more for the artistic player. The Korg Micro Arranger is a powerful little 9 pound fiend I can carry to my friend’s house. I have all my needs covered.

I added a 22 inch monitor to the S970. It’s great for my tired eyes. I use it for setting up the keyboard. When I play it is attached to my laptop giving me 22 inches of lyrics or notes.
I will post more about as it happens.

John C.
Audrey Turner, it’s nice to see you posting. Like the song says, “Seems like old times”.

#441390 - 11/25/17 01:33 AM Re: Kn7000 to Korg Pa4x [Re: bruno123]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hello Audrey, good to see you posting. Did wonder where you were for some time now.
interesting comments about Genos. I sit back and read them all good, bad ,and the rest. Glad I am not in the market, as I would not know which great board to buy.

Ray dance

#441400 - 11/25/17 08:56 AM Re: Kn7000 to Korg Pa4x [Re: bruno123]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Be ready for a completely different operating system,Audrey, compared with the KN7000. For example there is an equivalent to panel memories in the Korg PA4X but it is not in the least bit obvious.

#441424 - 11/26/17 03:53 AM Re: Kn7000 to Korg Pa4x [Re: RMepstead]

(Roger)
“For example there is an equivalent to the Panel Memories in the Korg Pa4x, but it is not in the least obvious.”

My head still turns when I hear the sound of a Technics keyboard. Many years have passed since Technic was no more; things like Panel Memory have been greatly improved. The Songbook method of storing and retrieving has gone far beyond Panel Memory.

Yes, there is a bit of relearning, but well worth the effort. My biggest problem was forgetting the Technics method of doing; the rest was easy.

Roger playing your KMA through the Kn7000 is a great idea, never thought of it. Does the KMA have the same sound quality of Technics?

John C.

#441444 - 11/26/17 09:33 AM Re: Kn7000 to Korg Pa4x [Re: bruno123]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi John, nowhere near the same quality as the Technics...make sure to block off the sound coming out of the KMA by putting a plug in the earphones socket. What you get is the sound coming through the speakers of an adult arranger.

#441519 - 11/27/17 04:39 PM Re: Kn7000 to Korg Pa4x [Re: bruno123]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello All,

Yes I had the original Pa4X for a few months and so I do have an idea how it works. The new version is much the same although the layout is slightly different. What I really liked was the 'Osimo' which, to quote Richard Ashby's comment, "takes the instrument to a completely new level through a combination of incorporating ideas and suggestions from amateur and professional Pa4X users around the world, plus some truly innovative new ideas from the design teams. Korg have, quite literally, produced something that will inspire anyone who plays Pa4X to be even more musically creative than before." Richard then goes on to explain what is new and in my opinion he is quite right, it was a joy to play.

In case anyone is interested, you can subscribe to the new "Korg World" Tutorial Magazine which will help newcomers to master the basics of the Pa4X-2. I think this idea is really forward thinking, as 1) not everyone has access to a computer and 2)I find it quicker/easier to follow the printed word, because if required, until you get to know the keyboard thoroughly, you can have the details on the music stand - simple.

That's enough from me for now - goodnight everyone.

Audrey T

Edited by Audrey Turner (11/27/17 04:40 PM)

#441935 - 12/05/17 10:11 AM Re: Kn7000 to Korg Pa4x [Re: bruno123]
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hi John, just a quick hello from the distant past. I am still alive, kicking, and playing the several keyboards still in my studio. Just don't have the heart to sell them. Only technics KB now is the KN2400 the last one they made. It plays all my saved technics songs and styles. It is good to see you are still active here. Best regards and Merry Christmas to you and yours,
Bill Bebop Forrest. missing those good old days of the technics

#441971 - 12/06/17 07:00 AM Re: Kn7000 to Korg Pa4x [Re: BEBOP]

Technics, Bebop, and Technics Player --- WOW what a combo. How I miss those days.

John C.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online