SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 24 of 35 < 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 34 35 >
Topic Options
#437807 - 09/21/17 01:28 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
All this kid is doing is repeating things he has gotten off of PSR Tutorial. He has no knowledge of his own. That said, perhaps some of it is correct.

Edited by W Tracy Parnell (09/21/17 01:29 PM)

#437808 - 09/21/17 02:26 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I concur with Dnj’s point about whether the styles will be something really new. After owning several Yamaha boards, I’d like to hear some styles that don’t sound like the previous model. In particular, I’d like something different in drums and bass. How about a quantum leap forward, rather than a small, incremental step in styles?

#437809 - 09/21/17 03:00 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: J. Larry]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By J. Larry
I concur with Dnj’s point about whether the styles will be something really new. After owning several Yamaha boards, I’d like to hear some styles that don’t sound like the previous model. In particular, I’d like something different in drums and bass. How about a quantum leap forward, rather than a small, incremental step in styles?

I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.... wink

#437810 - 09/21/17 03:53 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

The second video is not the new Genos. It is an improv from the T5 while waiting for Genos wink
Eric

#437811 - 09/21/17 07:21 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Boy another week and another cryptic video. All very nice Yamaha but really could it not have been something different than the last one? like a little more info look at Genos?

Playing games I hate them!

#437812 - 09/21/17 11:42 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
New official video of Genos...

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (09/21/17 11:44 PM)

#437814 - 09/22/17 12:13 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Sokratis 1974
New official video of Genos...

I am back home from vacation
I made this write up on PSR TUTORIAL based on the video’s
And some of the rumors__

It should give a good idea of what to expect in the new Genos sound sectiom

So,far i have learned that orchestral sounds will be pretty important for genos..

Wondering in what form we will see them..
An advanced form of the ensemble engine, with real multi imstrument division. So instead of hearing 4 ensemble instruments, you will hear multiple instruments like 20 violins, 4 cellos’s etc, yet still playing different notes..(up to 4, maybe even more) much like the komtakt orchestral libraries

Or maybe more like on the montage where you have orchestral sounds of up to 8 sounds and where you could use a knob to add more or less sounds (best use of super knob.

Or maybe even a combination of these two?

The first video got me convinced of the new piano’s.. i even think we might see a piano room feature in the Genos... thats very much fun..

What i have been missing so far in the video’s is EDM, but to me its pretty clear that there will be a huge improvement ( even more then in the psr s970) for modern dance music... in my vision this would not only require the tools of the psr s970 but also an improved synthesizer sound section ( still hoping for a synth world feature) as well as not one but multiple arp’s so each of the left amd right kwyboard parts should have an arp.. altough, knowing yamaha there will probably just only a single arp... fearing they might cross over to much into Montage theritority.. which is sadly not enough..

Real live reports from the 18mseptember late night show tell us there was mostly edm music.. so this would comfirm these assumptions to me..

I am pretty much convinced that what people are calling the 3rd articulations switch, is not an articulations switch but the arp on/off switch..

This should summ up the improved main sound features of the Genos, offcourse there will also be a lot of new sounds all over the board, due to the hugely improved rom size as well as an onboard ram for samples. And the effects section will have made a huge step forward in numbers and quallity.. this base on what we know about the new hardware processors as presented with the Montage.

I would also add a new drums section to it, with maybe even the new revo drums mentioned in a mostly fake specs update, but it could have some real news spoiled... revo drums in vst country stands for real electronic drums like fromRolamd tb 808 series. Which would fit well with the edm part.. but in. The Genos i was more expecting the round robin/some call it wave cycling feature.

Maybe we will see both...

If all this holds true, it might be enough to persway me to buy a Genos for christmass...

Edited by Bachus (09/22/17 12:14 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#437815 - 09/22/17 01:28 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The last 2 videos seem to focus on music production rather than arranger play, so it looks like they have shifted their emphasis with Genos. (Unless the videos are designed to purposely mislead)
Next week’s video should be interesting, as it should bring everything together.

Bill

#437816 - 09/22/17 03:47 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
The last 2 videos seem to focus on music production rather than arranger play, so it looks like they have shifted their emphasis with Genos. (Unless the videos are designed to purposely mislead)
Next week’s video should be interesting, as it should bring everything together.

Bill

Next weeks video will be the 3rd of the Berlin Orchestra...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#437817 - 09/22/17 04:51 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
From the European Genos FB group...

Top part we saw already... bottom part was new to me.

Product Name: Digital Keyboard (Yamaha Genos)
Dimensions (W x D x H): 1234 mm x 456 mm x 138 mm
Weight: 13.0 kg
Keyboard: 76 Tasten (FSX) Initial Touch/Aftertouch
Controllers: Joystick, 6 Knobs, 9 Crossfader, Art.1, Art.2, Art.3
Display: TFT Colour Wide VGA LCD (800 x 400 dots / 9 inch) Touch Screen
Sub Display: OLED (Live Control View / 589 x 48 dots)
Tone Generation: AWM Stereo Sampling, AEM Technology
Polpyhonie: 256 (max.)
Number of Voices (Presets): 1.652 Voices + 58 Drum/SFX Kits
Featured Voices: 10 Revo Drums/SFX, 76 Ensemble, 390 Super Articulation, 75 Super Articulation2, 82 MegaVoices, 40Sweet, 81 Cool, 160 Live, 24 Organ Flutes.
Number of Styles: 550 (491 Pro, 39 Session, 10 Free Play, 10 DJ)
Expansion Voice: Yes (max. 1.8 GByte Onboard)
Storage: Internal Memory (58 GByte) / External USB Flash Drive
Microphone: Yes (Combo Jack) +48 Phantom Power

--------------------

Genos Yamaha New Acoustic Drums (with Wavecycling) - Rock Drums, Pop Drums, Vintage Open, Vintage Muted, Jazz Sticks, Jazz Brushes, Vocal Beatbox.
New Percussion Kits (with Wavecycling) - Pop Percussion Kit, Brazilian Kit, Afro Cuban Kit, Compatible Kit.
New Electric Drums - EDM Kit, Trap Kit, Electro Kit, Schlager Kit, 80`s Drummachines Kit`s (Pop & RnB)
New Stingray Bass - Megavoice
New Acoustic Guitars - Fingered Steel String (Gibson) Megavoice, Fingered Steel String (Gibson) Thumb Strummed Megavoice, Picked Steelstring (Martin D45) Megavoice
New Stratocaster Guitar - New Stratocaster Megavoice
New Country Guitars - Ukulele Megavoice, New Mandolin Tremolo & Megavoice; Dobro Bottleneck, New Pedal Steel.
New Pianos - CFX Concert Grand, C7 Concert Grand, CP-80, Ambient Noises (EP´s)
New Accordeons (with Bass Register) - Super Musette, Jazz Cassoto, Bajan, Scottish Accordeon, Steirische Harmonika
New Baltic Strings (with Ambience & Keyoff) - Violins, Violas, Cellos, Basses. (Mega Voe Variations) SmallSection, LargeSection, ShortSpiccato, LongSpiccato, Ambience, Extended Bassrange
New Synth Voices (Leads, Pads, Bass, 80`s) - 80`s Synths, 80`s Pads, 80?s Synth Basses
New Synth Voices (Leads, Pads, Bass, 80`s)
New DSP´s (max. 12 DSP`s) New Real Reverb, New Amp Types (Tweed Guy (Fender Bassman), Boutique DC (Custom Vox AC30 Type), Y - Amp (Yamaha V-Amp), Distomp (Yamaha Stomp Pedal FX)
- 80s Small Box (Fuzz Pedal Simulator)), New Compressor Types, New Leslie FX, Damper Resonance SFX
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

Page 24 of 35 < 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 34 35 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online