#438003 - 09/27/17 08:55 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
thanks Gary for suggestion I have little mixer and big Mixer

I prefer not to use a mixer my goal is to be quick on the set up

I like the on board effects that Tyros and Genos posses

and want to use them better than any mixer any day

also Mixer is another thing I got to set up

when I use my electric I use a Line 6 amplifi Amp/pedal thru the inputs of the tryos and then bluetooth my I pad not mixer needed voice thru Tyros

for Acoustic is the issue I want to use on board effects
of keyboard

but soon I will be buying Trace elliott Acoustic A pedal and I will run it thru line inputs and I will have it covered

Reverb / chorus/ delay tap tempo tuning ect very easy set up quick break down

I only bring 1 guitar so if it gonna be acoustic I have a set up or electric as well

mixers just a added piece not needed unless it a bigger set up then out comes the mixer

EQ and all other stuff is controlled by Tyros

5min set up 5 min break down

2 powered speakers keyboard / guitar ect in and out

on to next gig

all on r 10 cart one trip in one trip out .

Ron

#438011 - 09/27/17 01:08 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ron, back when I used to use a mixer, I had it Velcro'd to my console, therefore, it remained plugged in all the time. No change in setup time at all.

The big advantage of my custom console was that it provided me with a multitude of optional devices without adding to my setup time, which was just 7 minutes at most. I constructed a half dozen or more of the consoles for folks on this, and other forums and with few exceptions, they're all still in use. Everything fit on my R-10 cart, one trip in and out. And, by setting up a second tier on the R&R Cart it provided me with a neat, efficient, setup platform. Several members have utilized my second tier design for their carts and for the most part it works out very, very well for them.

Inside the console is a large, surge protector with a ground fault indicator light, my TC Helicon Harmony-M, the power supplies for my netbook PC, the TC Hellicon, the Keyboard and LED light strips. I mounted an LED light strip on the front of the console, which serves as a light for my sign, which I printed using print shop's Banner Printer program. The sign is beneath a layer of lexan to protect it from wear. The light shines down on the sign and does a fantastic job of lighting the sign, but the light doesn't shine in the audience's eyes. Another strip light is mounted on the back of the console, which lights the top of the keyboard so it can easily be seen in dimly lit conditions, restaurants, nite clubs, outdoor jobs at night, etc... My netbook PC is mounted atop the console and is centered, but that 9 inch screen is just perfect for reading the lyrics when I cannot remember them, and can also be used for Van Basco's MIDI/Karaoke player if you need to use a MIDI file, or play MP3s for breaks. My mic cable remains attached to the TC Helicon and coiled up when transported. Same for the foot pedal that is used to trigger the Harmony-M. Also, there is a 15-foot, heavy duty extension cord connecting the surge protector, coiled up and velcro'd in place for transport. All cables are held in place with Velcro. It weighs 23 pounds.

There was a time when I was doing two to three jobs every day, therefore, fast and efficient was the only way I could keep going at that pace. Ironically, unless I picked up a nite club, restaurant or private party job, I had most weekends off for sailing and fishing, which was great. Now, I have every day off for sailing or fishing, when the weather cooperates. smile smile smile

If you would like the plans for the console, you can find it at PSR Tutorial . The console is in the green duffel bag on the bottom shelf of the R&R Cart.

The second tier of the cart is made of 1-inch box aluminum and held in place with 1/4-inch detent pins purchased at Home Depot. I purchased the box aluminum from a local welding shop because Home Depot didn't have the right length.

In the attached video, you can see by the timer that from the time I parked the car until I was performing the first song was just 11 minutes. Not bad for an old, slow-moving 75 year old. My daughter shot the vid with an inexpensive camcorder.

Hope this helps,

Gary cool

Attachments
Saxons 2015.jpg

DSC00025-2.jpg

RockNRoller.jpg

Edited by travlin'easy (09/27/17 01:43 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#438021 - 09/27/17 04:44 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Is it just me or does it look like the Genos still uses the same plastic casing as the Tyros line except its painted black?... Really hoping they switch to metal this time for once..

#438023 - 09/27/17 05:55 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Nick, there are currently many fibre/plastic products that are equally as strong as metal, yet weigh just a fraction of their metal counterparts. ABS plastic, for example, is tough as steel, resists heat, hard to fracture with a heavy hammer, yet weighs next to nothing. A metal case does not make a great keyboard - it's what's inside and what comes out that really counts.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#438031 - 09/27/17 08:16 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Gary I understand that scientifically there may be stronger plastic than metal somewhere out in the universe but I highly doubt Yamaha re using that substance in their tyros / genos products.

Why is it hat all High end / pro instruments use metal casing and plastic is only used for the mid range and lower end?

Im sure anyone here would agree that as soon as you lay your hands on a keyboard that has metal casing you instantly have that "quality" feeling that this is something special... U get it with the Motif series, the Montage, the Korg PA 3x/4X, Ketron units, but not with PSR's or Tyros keyboards...

When you look at a keyboard that is made from metal you just know its a more "serious" thing before even turning it on.

people are happy to settle for plastic made keyboards if it does the right thing, which is what many folks have done with the Tyros / PSR and mid range Korg and roland units. And there absolutely nothing wrong with that.. but when you step up to the next level and fork out the extra money for the top of the line.. you dont want to see plastic...

#438042 - 09/28/17 01:45 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quality of feel has nothing to do with what it is made out of, (Even paper can feel superior to metal) but how it is made and the quality of the materiel used, (Always has done, always will be) so nothing new.

Korg has never had a domestic line, the PA was just an offshoot of the pro line, (Hence they tend to use stage materials (Which still features wood and metal) as that is what they are used to) whereas Yamaha have always had a domestic line, and as arrangers have always been designed for the home hobby player (Hence the amount of pro users is negligible) where it is stuck in one place forever, different rules can apply. (Let’s face it a lot of the stuff made in the world that used to be made out of metal is now made out of plastic, so nothing new really)

Bill

#438054 - 09/28/17 06:20 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: abacus]
Melodious Offline

Loc: Florida
Best and most interesting statement ever - "who said that it is an arranger?"

#438056 - 09/28/17 06:57 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Melodious]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I have often wondered why people are turned off by "plastic" body arrangers. How many
of you have actually experienced a problem due to a "plastic" body? For over 10 years I played Yamaha keyboard and have yet to have a problem with the main frame or body. Oh yes, in one breath folks scream about getting a light weight arranger and then complain about it not being metal. Can't have both folks.

Deane

#438057 - 09/28/17 07:09 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: hammer]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By hammer
I have often wondered why people are turned off by "plastic" body arrangers. How many
of you have actually experienced a problem due to a "plastic" body? For over 10 years I played Yamaha keyboard and have yet to have a problem with the main frame or body. Oh yes, in one breath folks scream about getting a light weight arranger and then complain about it not being metal. Can't have both folks.

Deane

Its a thing of manhood
We are not turned of by plastic bodies
We are turned on by metal bodies

http://keyszone.boards.net

#438062 - 09/28/17 07:38 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I have had a Tryos 4 for over 5 years never have had a problem with plastic body keeps the weight down for sure

it gonna be black in color Genos so that will have a meaner look and better on stage

one concern for me is i got a look at a good picture and in the song section I do not see the jump points buttons

I really find that to be usful to go back or forward in song mode

maybe iot gonna be on touch screen , I hope the did not forget about that !!!!

Page 30 of 35 < 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 34 35 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online