SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#433870 - 07/04/17 08:50 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don and Steve, prior to my forced retirement last August, I was trying to find new songs to add to my performances as well. Search as I did, failed to produce anything worthwhile. Newer is not always better, especially when it comes to songs. Both Don and I probably know more songs than the vast majority of the folks in our audiences combined, and as much as I enjoy adding new songs to my repertoire, many of the new songs are not recognized by the audiences, consequently, they usually do not respond well to their introduction. Both Don and I are pretty damned old, but we are keenly aware what our audiences will respond to.

Gettin' old ain't fer wimps and sissies! wink

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#433888 - 07/04/17 07:02 PM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: DonM]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Don, thank you for all your info about Korg. Whenever you post a new happening I’m off to my Pa4x. So far the Pa4x is the best keyboard I have owned.

John C.

#433902 - 07/05/17 07:14 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Bachus]
jdx Offline

Loc: Liverpool U.K.
If you already have a load of styles and sounds in user locations linked to songbook etc and then install the update it writes over them right?

Is it possible to keep the current styles and sounds in the same location?

Thanks for any replies.

John.

#433903 - 07/05/17 07:55 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
No, you have to save them before the update, then load them back afterwards. The update puts 52 new styles in USER locations. I found I only would use one or two of them so loaded by Favorites back.
If you have user styles in Factory locations, you have to Unprotect them before saving.

#433904 - 07/05/17 08:46 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
No, you have to save them before the update, then load them back afterwards. The update puts 52 new styles in USER locations. I found I only would use one or two of them so loaded by Favorites back.
If you have user styles in Factory locations, you have to Unprotect them before saving.

Thats one of the kool features of using a Korg arranger...you can change so many things and make the KB exactly how YOU like it...
I wish Yamaha would allow factory style replacement also....
maybe GENOS or BK10? wink

#433907 - 07/05/17 08:54 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

#434162 - 07/10/17 08:24 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

#434196 - 07/10/17 11:24 PM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: DonM]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Hi ,
Haven't had a chance to to try the updated midifile convertor as yet. If it's improved, that's great, Don.
Have had a bit of fun with the kaoss arpeggiator function, though probably not something I'd use much. Probably more suited to Dance type music, which is a bit modern for me. Haha.
Seems to work well with my tyros ethereal movie style conversion,, I enjoy soundtracks, so may find some use for it there.
Probably need to read up on it, because haven't got a clue what the other settings do.

Meanwhile,
One thing I'm please about, it appears they have fixed a bug that was really annoying me.
All the xg drum kits I use for my psr conversions, were defaulting to Gm kits, which in some cases made the style unplayable with incorrect drum sounds playing.
I'd updated a number of them with a user drum kit, now I have to change them back. Haha
as I prefer not to use a User Kit, at the time though, it was my only choice.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#434199 - 07/11/17 04:03 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: DonM]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I am sure that of these have been asked before, but after working on the Song Book for many hours I have 120 songs programed: Instrument sounds, pads, and edited styles and categories I would hate to lose them.

As I understand: If I saved everything I can always reload them. And then add the new individual styles in the User Styles section. My big question lies with the Song Book. Will it call the same settings as it did before?? Some of the Song Book entrees call from the style User section.

OK guys make me feel good about this. (please0

Insecure, John C.

#434211 - 07/11/17 07:29 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
For the Songbook to work correctly after the update, you must put the User, Favorite and any you have saved to Factory locations, back to the same places.
After the update, I deleted the new styles it put into the Favorites. Then I reloaded the ones I had there previously. Then I put the new styles in a different location, another Favorite Bank. Not many of them I will use anyway.
I also had to redo some changes that I had saved to Factory styles. That is, changing sounds or Keysets, and saving them to the Factory Styles rather than to Songbook. No big deal.

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online